27 and nothing

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've already gotten a therapist but it has been no help so far. I don't know what to tell the guy really, and whats he going to tell me.

If I did meet a girl at least that would be some kind of start. Everything else I've done is by myself and no matter what I'm left by myself unable to form any kind of relationship with people. That undermines every thing I do.

And if this isn't rock bottom, then what is?

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chancer357
I've already gotten a therapist but it has been no help so far. I don't know what to tell the guy really, and whats he going to tell me.

And if this isn't rock bottom, then what is?
Are you on meds (Prozac, etc.)?

Jon E

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't want to post a picture. I'm embarrased by how I look, even if I dress up nice. Just picture the ugliest guy in the room.
Just to show you how important your looks are to women...........

......... she married him.

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand why you all want to think this is a troll. I want things to be different, but I can't change them.

Imagine how you would feel about yourself if you were in my position. What am I supposed to feel good about? What am I supposed to feel confident about? All I see is failure, I've had no past successes. The things I'm good at don't mean a thing when it comes to meeting people or having something interesting to say. Noone care about technical skills except employers.

If I see a guy talking to a girl or a girl look at some guy some place all I see is another person better than me.

I can make up a list of things I'm afraid of, but I can't do them. The stuff I'm afraid of is too vague or too big. Or its me afraid of just feeling like crap or feeling out of place like I always feel everywhere. I can't change that.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
WTF. You say you got a good job. You should be happy about that. A lot of people who can't relate to others never get a good job regardless of their education level or can't hold it. You're only 27 there's people, that are older than you, losing their hair, have been strucken with illness, injury...You're still young, healthy and have economic stability. Man it's all in your head..get off your azz and try to make friends with females. Go out and make yourself available. You're not even trying to improve your social skills or your social situation.

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
To some people maybe jobs are important, but to me they are nothing. Nobody cares about them. My job never made me happy. Its not important. I would much rather have a relationship in my life or something that made smile. Noone would have ever known I had a good job or anything since noone would even regard me as a living thing.

Maybe I take for granted I had a job and its not a big deal. Just like you may take for granted you could get a date or have a conversation with a girl who actually wanted to have a conversation with you. So to you what is not a big deal is unattainable to me.

Maybe alot of people would kill to have my job. Just like I would kill to have a girl want to talk to me.

I wasn't happy and I quit that job BTW.

I haven't tried to improve because every time in the past I have tried it hasn't worked and I end up worse off than before. I don't know what I can do that won't make me worse. I wouldn't be able to walk up to someone and start talking to them, and because I wouldn't be able to I feel bad about that. Its another failure to me.

I don't have the mentality you guys do that its the other persons loss if they don't want to talk to you. I see that as more evidence that I'm not good enough. I don't believe its thier loss. Thats just how I think.

Why would someone want to talk to me? Noone ever has before. Whats going to change? I can't change how I feel about things until someone else takes some kind of initiative in talking to be because I just simply don't believe I'm worthwhile as a person anymore.

undersecter

Don Juan
Reaction score
chancer3570-I have been in your situation big time, and i am slowley coming out of it.

I use to be very queit,and use to find it hard to talk to people,but after reading a book called feel the fear and do it anyway, i feel much more confident in my ablity to talk to people and to say simple hi etc

I will tell you how this happend for me , and how it will happen for you.

First things first talk to people even if, you feel comfortable talking with them still talk to them.

When people are having conversations, join in and if you think no one will respond, say the particull persons name,who you want to talk to.

When you leave always say bye,and when people say bye or hi to you say it back to them so they hear it.

smile at people.

Right this is the situation i have been in and lots of other people will probaly be in, people you know are having a conversation.

After a long time you say something-and no responds.

he something that many people dont mention sometimes people willo ingore, and might be disrepectfull,but dont worry about it rember this happens to everbody even confident people,if you take it in you confidce will fall agin just ingore it, and concentrte on the things you good at.

If you ever see empty seats go and sit there and talk to people about anything.

If no one responds take it on the chin it doesnt matter,you will soon start to notice that people dont even respond, to lots of confident people, and what do confident people do they dont care and neither should you.

If you realise certian people dont like you just ingore that, and talk to the people that like you.

give me your email address, so i can add you to my msn and-i have lots of diffrent things i want to talk to you about.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chancer, why do you even bother posting this or having this discussion if you are not even open to any suggestions of how to improve your life or the way you feel about things. You get SOMETHING out of this thread or else you would not continue to post in it. Just as you get SOMETHING out of feeling bad for yourself or else you would not continue to do that. I used to have and still have the same problem in some areas of life. Admittedly, not to the extent you seem to but being a doomsday prophet doesn't get you anywhere.

I am sure you are going to reply to this to insist that you really don't WANT to feel bad about yourself and if you could do something about it you would, but that is not true no matter how much you insist it is. It is up to you to see the good in all situations and it is THAT ability that will make you somebody that people want to interact with, be friends with, date, sleep with, marry, have kids with, or whatever else it is you may want.

Also, you are probably under the illusion that if you only had a GF everything would be great. Well, it is not necessarily the case. And even if you were to become involved with somebody that you could potentially have a great time with, that would not happen if you carried into that relationship the attitude you have demonstrated here. You would simply find a way to make a miserable experience out of THAT, since having a miserable time in life seems to be what you are determined to do.

I am not saying that making positive changes in your life or changing your perspecitve from a bleak one to a positive one is easy to do, I am only saying that you have control over the process. As long as you do not believe that, things are never even going to BEGIN to change. If you are not on your own team, then who is? Answer: NOBODY!

In conclusion, I will point out that this forum is about making positive changes. If that is not the reason you are posting, then please don't post. If you just keep posting to tell us that your life is miserable and you have given up, eventually people will stop reading and stop responding.

-PDX

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well what can I do that will result in something I'm not going to fail at. I don't want to go out and fail again and end up worse. That is the main problem. I can't believe things will change if I keep failing, and I can't believe they will change doing nothing. I need to do something that I can succeeed at - and not stuff that is work related or anything like that, I just dont care about that stuff. I'm talking about interacting with people.

Jon E

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chancer, I don't think you're quite as bad off as you think you are.

Ive found that everyone is a pretty cool person once you get to know them so the problem isn't that there is something fundamentially wrong with you, you're a perfectly normal guy inside, but you're just not able to communicate that to other people. Just because other people don't see you as an "OK guy" doesn't mean that you're not. You're intelligent, well read, a good communicator, you're not crazy and rambling on about UFO's so other than being depressed, I can't find a single thing wrong with you.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well what can I do that will result in something I'm not going to fail at. I don't want to go out and fail again and end up worse. That is the main problem. I can't believe things will change if I keep failing, and I can't believe they will change doing nothing. I need to do something that I can succeeed at - and not stuff that is work related or anything like that, I just dont care about that stuff. I'm talking about interacting with people.
Do a DJ boot camp; find a bar, pool hall whatever and hang out; go to a church youth services; online dating (However, I don't recommend this because it'll waste a lot time and won't improve your socialness)..basically go where people are..If you can go to work everyday then you can go out to meet people.

I have a question, you go to work all day, right? You can't network there, go to lunch, ask coworkers what social events they're doing, etc.? Also I couldn't read this entire lengthy thread, I've read a lot of it and people gave you some good advice, so if you answered this before bear with me, are you from the U.S.?

You're right you're going to fail many times, you have to fail to succeed. It's a journey of a thousand miles that begins with one step, but once you start you improve and move more rapidly. You may never succeed like you said, but at least you'll die trying. Now's the time to start while your 27. You're not listening to others, you don't have the setbacks that a lot of others have. You need to reframe your perception from thinking that other's are liked more and you can't succeed with women to one of I'm going to ask females for what I want and deserve until I get it.

Your problem as it stands is "inner game". You've been given advice on how to work on that. You have to take the first step in meeting a girl. When you do that then come back with questions. Otherwise you're only eliciting attention and sympathy and staying where you are.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well what can I do that will result in something I'm not going to fail at. I don't want to go out and fail again and end up worse. .
end up "worse" ? This whole thread which I think is more than a year long (aren't you 28 now) you've been posting about how much you hate life, how you wish to die in a car accident, etc.. how much worse can things possibly get in your mind ? What exactly do you have to lose ? Every one of your posts is depressing.. The way I see it - you have nothing to lose, so you might as well go out and try to do something, anything.. what's the worst thing that can happen ? The worst that can happen is you DON'T try

Remember:

Success > failure > inactivity

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought of trying online stuff again. I just have the confidence to talk to people i real life. I've tried it before but with no real luck ...

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
What usually happens is that is doesnt work and then I tell myself I can't even do this online.