How to Not Dwell on Past Failures and Instead Focus on Successes?

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi.

I've noticed that I often dwell on past failures (first date or club rejections or when relationships fizzle out) and I seem to have a habit of letting it define me/ruin my confidence, whereas I seem to overlook past successes.

A couple of years ago I went on about eight first dates in a row that didn't lead to second ones and that really impacted my confidence at the time. In later dates I then hit a purple patch where I kept either getting laid and then eventually a relationship out of one, but it was the failed dates before that really stuck with me and I even think of them now.

This summer was similar where at the start of it I seemed to be getting lots of success with all first dates leading to me getting laid and more (including when I went out to clubs/bar), whereas towards the end of the summer nearly all of my dates just seemed to be complete duds (with some success sprinkled in). However, it was the failed ones that seemed to again stick in my head.

What advice would you give for not letting past failures get to me and negatively impacting my overall confidence/self-esteem and instead focus on past success?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop fearing failure and notice that all your success started with overcoming your fear of failure.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not failures, they are opportunities to learn and improve. Your mindset needs to change. I apply this to every area of my life....competition, business, and women.

You always learn more from your failures than you do your successes anyways.

There was a time when I first started dating and I was pretty clueless. Most of my dates didn't go very far. Overtime I improved myself and learned from those interactions. I learned a lot from SS. Now, its almost guaranteed that if I get a girl to agree to a first date that there will be more dates.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you focus on only success then you will learn nothing, people need to understand this, to get good at anything you will fail a lot, learn from it and move on

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you focus on only success then you will learn nothing, people need to understand this, to get good at anything you will fail a lot, learn from it and move on
That's true. I've certainly learned a lot from recent experiences. Failures can certainly be a blessing.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Firstly, failure only happens when you give up.

Any time things don't go the way you want them to or expect them to there are lessons in there to learn and valuable feedback to take and use to propel you to future success.

The better you are at figuring out what that feedback is and then utilizing it in future interactions determines how quickly you will start succeeding instead of finding ways that don't work.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi.

I've noticed that I often dwell on past failures (first date or club rejections or when relationships fizzle out) and I seem to have a habit of letting it define me/ruin my confidence, whereas I seem to overlook past successes.

A couple of years ago I went on about eight first dates in a row that didn't lead to second ones and that really impacted my confidence at the time. In later dates I then hit a purple patch where I kept either getting laid and then eventually a relationship out of one, but it was the failed dates before that really stuck with me and I even think of them now.

This summer was similar where at the start of it I seemed to be getting lots of success with all first dates leading to me getting laid and more (including when I went out to clubs/bar), whereas towards the end of the summer nearly all of my dates just seemed to be complete duds (with some success sprinkled in). However, it was the failed ones that seemed to again stick in my head.

What advice would you give for not letting past failures get to me and negatively impacting my overall confidence/self-esteem and instead focus on past success?
When it doesn't work out, let it go with gratitude. It's simple incompatibility and saving you precious time and energy.

When a woman leaves and you feel that somehow takes away from you, you're telling the universe you believe in her decision that you're not worth it more than in your own belief that you're hot shiit.

The only way to fix this is to actually become hot shiit. Go work out or hone a skill to mastery, until you are proud af. The confidence from that mastery will naturally ooze our into other areas of your life.

The skill can even be something simple and directly applicable to dating like sociability. Part time sales or waiting tables or running clubs at a local space or just hitting up tons of interesting events will make you suave in no time, because the opportunities to chat and charm will be endless.

Internalize the abundance mindset or the king frame. You have everything you need and will get everything you want in time. Either she'll come back or you'll find someone better, win win.

Build up that core confidence and tend to it constantly. The challenges you overcome in your personal life should make anything a woman does seem like peanuts in comparison.

Do you think I care if a woman leaves me when every morning I feel every muscle in my body tearing to failure from an hour or two gym session? The answer is I could not give a fuuck. I'm hot and charming regardless of what she does. I will continue to shred and grind myself down doing things that are way more painful than anything she could ever do. She'll only spur me to grow even more.

I love women and want certain ones in my life, but if they want to leave why would I ever stop them or let it get me down? I'll draw the lessons from the experience and own up to my actions and their consequences, then move on to the next challenge.

Failures are the best fuel for growth. Commit to evolve every time and you will have more woman than you know what to do with.

You're the most complex and adaptable creature on this planet, don't forget that.

Last edited:

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything can be a win depending on how you view it. I'm echoing what others have said better but it's a matter of perspective and attitude.