The body language of social media: ways women behave to categorize men using social apps

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is little to none literature or science study about how Women behave In modern society to find a partner, but women have found a new way to categorize men using social media apps like Facebook and Instagram. They can now indulge in fantasies about other men on a daily basis, rather than relying on occasional real-life encounters. I wonder if we could call this the "Body language of social media"

Why do women engage in this behavior? The smartphone is often seen as a negative influence in a woman's life, as it can lead to dissatisfaction with their current partner. Infact, a women smartphone it's always full of messages from other guys, and this makes her with plenty alternative for exciting activities and low happiness about his current situation. Women may seek constant validation that they are with the best possible partner at all times. Social media acts as a platform where women can explore different "archetypes" of men, similar to shopping for products on Amazon. This phenomenon can be likened to a woman going to a grocery store and choosing between buying a carrot or a tomato. Similarly, women use social media to explore different types of men based on their online personas.

Women exhibit various behaviors on social media:

A) Just a follow: This indicates that the woman finds the man unattractive but follows him due to a real-life connection.

B) Follow and Watch Stories: The woman finds the man unattractive but follows him because of shared interests like poetry, art, or music. She watches his stories but does not engage with his posts.

C) Follow, Watch stories, and subtle interactions: The woman finds the man attractive and wants to keep an eye on him as a potential backup option. She engages with his stories subtly, showing interest in aspects like family or hobbies. In this case, She could also make stories based on what this guy post. (Like a subtle reply)

D) Follow, Watch stories, interact/comment, and DM's: The woman finds the man attractive and considers him a potential "Plan B" if her current relationship fails. She engages with him more directly, initiating conversations and keeping the connection open for a possible future relationship.

Some women may have feelings for certain men but are hesitant to express them due to fear or life circumstances. This happen for category B, unlike categories C and D where she show direct interest.

Exploring this theory further could shed light on the complexities of modern dating and social interactions. It would awesome if someone could add his take on this!

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As an example, my instagram social media profile, gets very high concentration on the "B" category from women "friends" I do have.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I have some new observations.

I've noticed that most attractive men within the same social circle as a woman (who actually is in a relationship, engaged, or married with her BF) don’t receive likes or comments on their posts or highlights. Instead, those given women seem to constantly view their content, like highlights, and continue to follow them without engaging.

This is strange and a controversy because these same women often like or comment on posts from other men who are not as attractive, but in the same circle.

Could this behavior stem from a desire to avoid being discovered by their boyfriends while secretly keeping these attractive men as potential "Plan B" or "Plan C" options for the future? It raises the question: how do women categorize these attractive men if those men are unaware of their interest?

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro.

You don’t know what a DHV is, and you keep posting shlt after shlt.

You should stop posting BS to get a ‘master dj’ level, which actually means nothing…

…And go study the fundamentals.

It is getting annoying

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are spending way too much time analyzing nonsense.
Bro.

You don’t know what a DHV is, and you keep posting shlt after shlt.

You should stop posting BS to get a ‘master dj’ level, which actually means nothing…

…And go study the fundamentals.

It is getting annoying
I've miss the replies sorry!

What's your behaviour on social media?
also, what's your behaviour/frame about your woman presence on social media?
Like if she put likes to other men, and she says those men are "childhood friends" or "friends"?

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is little to none literature or science study about how Women behave In modern society to find a partner, but women have found a new way to categorize men using social media apps like Facebook and Instagram. They can now indulge in fantasies about other men on a daily basis, rather than relying on occasional real-life encounters. I wonder if we could call this the "Body language of social media"

Why do women engage in this behavior? The smartphone is often seen as a negative influence in a woman's life, as it can lead to dissatisfaction with their current partner. Infact, a women smartphone it's always full of messages from other guys, and this makes her with plenty alternative for exciting activities and low happiness about his current situation. Women may seek constant validation that they are with the best possible partner at all times. Social media acts as a platform where women can explore different "archetypes" of men, similar to shopping for products on Amazon. This phenomenon can be likened to a woman going to a grocery store and choosing between buying a carrot or a tomato. Similarly, women use social media to explore different types of men based on their online personas.

Women exhibit various behaviors on social media:

A) Just a follow: This indicates that the woman finds the man unattractive but follows him due to a real-life connection.

B) Follow and Watch Stories: The woman finds the man unattractive but follows him because of shared interests like poetry, art, or music. She watches his stories but does not engage with his posts.

C) Follow, Watch stories, and subtle interactions: The woman finds the man attractive and wants to keep an eye on him as a potential backup option. She engages with his stories subtly, showing interest in aspects like family or hobbies. In this case, She could also make stories based on what this guy post. (Like a subtle reply)

D) Follow, Watch stories, interact/comment, and DM's: The woman finds the man attractive and considers him a potential "Plan B" if her current relationship fails. She engages with him more directly, initiating conversations and keeping the connection open for a possible future relationship.

Some women may have feelings for certain men but are hesitant to express them due to fear or life circumstances. This happen for category B, unlike categories C and D where she show direct interest.

Exploring this theory further could shed light on the complexities of modern dating and social interactions. It would awesome if someone could add his take on this!
Let me condense this for you.

A) Has or doesn't have social media, she smiles/laughs/plays with her hair/looks down/complies with asked favors/agrees/touches in person.

Go for the kiss, cowboy!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP if you're 40+ which you are, who gives a shyt? most women I've dated never asked for my social media, and even if they do I tell them I only got (snapchat) no facebook and no IG (business only). The plate I had for 3 months never asked, she had snap and deleted it she only uses facebook I told her once I don't use it and it was never brought up again. Heck I would say even for women in their 30s this applies, social media IMO is moreso for girls in their 20s now I don't disagree about women watching stories and leaving comments but once again most women won't care unless you're dating young chicks who are superficial or IG thots(or you live in Miami or LA) this is nothing to really stress over

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually find this interesting because OP tries ( TRIES) to see shyte from a different angle. One that indeed isn't touched on that much. If _ fill in big redpill youtuber_ makes a video about this we will say he is a genius.

I know there are many complaints that the site isn't what it used to be..okay. But let' us at very vucking least don't shy away from in depth conversations about game.

-------------------------------------------------------
Social media and especially OLD changed the game 180. At this point OLD is at least 20 years old, meaning that most women have tasted from this dynamic. Tbh it did change the way the select. Perhaps instagram and likes sound cheesy, it is indeed a vital tool for most women and their behavior on the apps is quite interesting to study.

Op, ignore the backlash and continue please.

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only have Facebook and don’t use other social media.

I think people that do not have Instagram are missing out on potential connections. For example, if you're a DJ, a mechanic who works on cool cars, runs a sneaker business, or coaches a basketball team, you could attract a lot of interest. If you have a well crafted Instagram profile it coudl help you reach out to women directly and might lead to better success than OLD. On the other hand, if women post on your comment area of your pictures, it indicates an IOI and gives you pre-selection. This could work if you have a good YouTube channel.

However, if you have a ****ty instagram page, it is only going to work against you. It is best to not have one.

While I still believe asking for a phone number is key, having Instagram can definitely complement your dating efforts if done correctly.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I filter through Instagram. My private phone number is only for my intimate circle and that level of access has to be earned.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social media significantly impacts social behavior. Here’s a real-life example that illustrates this phenomenon.

Many women use social media to project an idealized version of their lives, showcasing family, food, and pets. This creates an image of being socially accepted, which can serve as a cover if they choose to cheat.

Consider a woman who has known a guy since childhood. Initially, she was interested in him but pursued more attractive men instead. Now, at 28 with a child, she finds this childhood friend has transformed into someone desirable. He is now a postman and they now work together, same job, spending several hours daily in the same office.

As her relationship with her partner becomes less satisfying, she begins to:

1. Flirt more with the postman at work.
2. Post about heartbreak and struggles on social media, sharing interests like classical music and golf (which are
hobbies of the postman)

This behavior suggests she wants the postman to engage with her, creating plausible deniability if she chooses to cheat. If things go wrong with the postman, she can always return to her partner. She is covered both sides.

Many women subtly engage in this behavior by:

1. Watching stories of men in their circle.
2. Liking posts that showcase travel or creativity rather than physical appearance of the men.

While not all women act this way, those facing relationship issues may seek validation elsewhere instead of trying to resolve their problems. Common underlying issues include:

1. A lack of validation and desire from their current partner.
2. Sexual dissatisfaction.

Even long-term relationships can falter when a woman finds attention from another man, especially in settings like work or social activities. The pattern are really similar, this is what I recognize..

For instance, when a friend’s partner claims she’s running errands but may be meeting someone else, I can’t help but notice the signs. Despite my warnings, he insists he trusts her completely.
(But I know that she leave 30 minutes before, not to go to buy food at the grocery story, but because she'll put food on her vagina. Wonder from who? The man she's showing attention on social media.)

Woman nowadays don't work to keep an LTR, they'll just leave doing what I've described, called monkey branching. Now rethink that in the digital era and you're done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heartbreak/comments/15s7y4s/_/kg0do7p

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how the F social media can have body language.

OP, reading your post was like looking at a blender full of blended crap and trying to figure out what the original ingredients were.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Flirt more with the postman at work.
2. Post about heartbreak and struggles on social media, sharing interests like classical music and golf (which are
hobbies of the postman)
The postman always rings twice, J... That gives him a distinct advantage over most men

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The postman always rings twice, J... That gives him a distinct advantage over most men
Plus he knows where to find her doorbell for full access.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two friends of mine were in “happy” established relationships since the peak of covid. Mind you, both men have some red pill scars and have had beautiful women under the belt but in my estimation they both got too comfortable. One was freshly married with less than a year on the clock. Dropped more than a few Gs on his wedding. (signed a prenup I give him that)

Both relationships went under in less than 2 years. Both women engaged in emotional and physical cheating.
The married one’s nasty fallout was because the female monkey branched before my childhood friend could even know what happened.
He got flanked real bad. Out of nowhere the b!tch started getting home 2-3 hours later after work and even lied point blank to my friend’s face that she was going to her hometown for a weekend to go celebrate her mom’s birthday.
In reality this married broad went off the reservation and got her cervix smashed by the new guy. The new guy cant even shine my friend’s shoes on his worse day. My friend had bought a property that he was fixing for both of them and he is a shark with a promising career in real estate. Goes to show that women don’t care what is at steak, their hypergamy nature is like that careless whisperer little devil on their shoulder.
Black magic sick sh1t, man.
( I may do a post of how my boy thought he found the right young 23 year old chick and married her).

Both chicks in those relationships were defcon 2 active on all photogenic social media platforms. Posting pictures of themselves and changing profile pictures every month.

These men didn’t see the red fireworks unfurl from a mile away.

Im like a hawk in silence watching from a distance and any woman who is media active especially on instagram gets dialed in accordingly. It cuts deeper than body language.

Last edited:

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im like a hawk in silence watching from a distance and any woman who is media active especially on instagram gets dialed in accordingly. It cuts deeper than body language.
You got it!
Thing is to understand wheter such woman will actually change and leave this kind of behaviour, or keep doing it.

We could write something like "Social Media Red Flags"