Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just did but you keep not comprehending, ignoring and glossing over it.

Perhaps I need to write it in Dutch since your ability to comprehend English seems sorely lacking.
Take a break man, you're a moderator. Hold yourself to a better standard.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps I need to write it in Dutch since your ability to comprehend English seems sorely lacking.
Scarra is Dutch? And here I thought I was the only Dutchman here.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He probably didn't get his bj this morning. Cut him some slack.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Questioning the party line on Climate Change among those with Green leanings is similar to pointing out to card-carrying Red Pillers that the so-called crisis of modern males isn't especially modern

Or that their/our gripes about women aren't remotely original

Both are a recipe for triggering True Believers into an aneurysm

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell is everyone arguing about?

Back to the topic:

This is my first summer in the southern US. Used to be in the northern US where summers would typically peak around 80 (with high humidity) which was pretty tolerable.

Down here, it's not uncommon to have entire weeks of 90+ with peaks around 100 and high humidity. You know it's hot when you step outside your front door in a tank top and shorts and immediately feel the heat before you're even in the sun.

I had almost moved to Texas, and only decided not to because of the heat. I cannot even imagine how brutal places like Texas are which apparently have 100+ degree days at nearly 100% humidity. I've visited AZ in August but the dry heat actually felt really nice and I could hike in it all day.

I don't own a car, so I'm at the mercy of the weather on my motorcycle. Riding a motorcycle in 95-100 degree heat with full gear is utterly exhausting. But it does build character and really tests the limits of my self-proclaimed superhuman ability to regulate body temperature...

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the mid sixties,I drove a VW Beetle from Darwin to Perth and Back,temperatures reached 126F it was so hot that if you stopped the VW the Oil boiled,if you turned off the ignition the fuel vaporised...When it cooled down, I had to get a tyre pump to push the fuel back to the tank,then suck it through again using a plastic pipe....Locals would put asbestos piping as an insulating sleeve around accessible fuel lines and place a cloth bag of damp sand on the top of the fuel pump and keep it wet....One local I noticed drove an Old Series One Land Rover,he had a secondary radiator on the roof and a long radiator hose connecting it to the main radiator,he also had another radiator for his oil,sitting on his front bumper.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Scarra is Dutch? And here I thought I was the only Dutchman here.
Just be glad the US saved you and the rest of Europe's asses so that you all aren't German these days.

Overran within days? Kinda pathetic.

Probably isn't taught that way there but that's the real truth.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BackIn The Game,
Charming as ever....Why insult his Country,why Railroad a thread because you are angry,I think it is high time that your threads and behaviour on this site were examined more critically.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be glad the US saved you and the rest of Europe's asses so that you all aren't German these days.

Overran within days? Kinda pathetic.

Probably isn't taught that way there but that's the real truth.
Maybe you should open a history book that goes back a little further than 1940. And preferably one that wasn't written by Americans.

I agree with @The Duke here.

Just to be clear, @BackInTheGame78 , I do hold moderators to a higher standard, so I have reported your asinine comment for your unwarranted ad hominem attack and for derailing the thread.

Let's see if the rest of your moderator friends agree with your behaviour in this thread.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Maybe you should open a history book that goes back a little further than 1940. And preferably one that wasn't written by Americans.

I agree with @The Duke here.

Just to be clear, @BackInTheGame78 , I do hold moderators to a higher standard, so I have reported your asinine comment for your unwarranted ad hominem attack and for derailing the thread.

Let's see if the rest of your moderator friends agree with your behaviour in this thread.
First let's clarify. There was no attack, just a statement of historical fact. An attack would have been something personal.

While the rest of the world and Europe especially hates the US role as "protector", we are forced to play it because honestly, who else can? Clearly as seen previously, not Europe.

Or do you offer alternative facts to the ones recorded by history books saying that all of Western Europe fell within 6 weeks and The Netherlands surrendered on May 14th, 4 days after their invasion started on May 10th?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First let's clarify. There was no attack, just a statement of historical fact. An attack would have been something personal.

While the rest of the world and Europe especially hates the US role as "protector", we are forced to play it because honestly, who else can? Clearly as seen previously, not Europe.

Or do you offer alternative facts to the ones recorded by history books saying that all of Western Europe fell within 6 weeks and The Netherlands surrendered on May 14th, 4 days after their invasion started on May 10th?

Can you stop derailing the thread? Do I have to remind you, MODERATOR, that this is neither the time nor place? Get a grip.
@TheProspect

Last edited:

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
don't know what co vid is

oh so for you gender feelings>biology , no science for you, just lop off the huevos. no judge ment here.
I'm all for scientific studies, I've just been alive long enough to know that the "science" is often wrong.

I learned more about losing weight through gym bros than i ever did science.

And the science will still tell you some retarded crap. And probably urge you to get on a weight loss drug.

All scientific studies have funding, and that's where you should look if you want the truth of the matter

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Carbs should unquestionably be your main source of sustenance. This has also been studied at length.
Maybe, if your goal is to be soft your entire life.

Edit - everyone needs carbs, but I wouldn't make them the bulk of your calorie intake, except on workout days.

You should try to limit carbs most of the time

2nd edit - google insulin response in your body. You'll find that carbs are broken down faster than fats or protein.

There's a reason meat and veggies leave you feeling full, where as pasta and rice will make you feel bloated, followed by an insatiable hunger.

Last edited:

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Calories in, calories out is ultimately true....

The reason you want to limit carbs is because they are the worst for satiation.

If you're trying to limit your calorie intake, carbs make it difficult because you will feel hungry sooner

Your best bet for losing weight is a combination of intermittent fasting, plenty of lean meats and veggies.

Science backs me up. I'm just trying to save you some time. I spent a decade researching this stuff

@EyeBRollin

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is delicious, but you should look up what science has to say about soy in men
Enlighten me.

If you're trying to limit your calorie intake, carbs make it difficult because you will feel hungry sooner
Lol.

Maybe, if your goal is to be soft your entire life.

Edit - everyone needs carbs, but I wouldn't make them the bulk of your calorie intake, except on workout days.

You should try to limit carbs most of the time

2nd edit - google insulin response in your body. You'll find that carbs are broken down faster than fats or protein.

There's a reason meat and veggies leave you feeling full, where as pasta and rice will make you feel bloated, followed by an insatiable hunger.
Vegetarians and vegans also have lower BMI, rates of obesity, and diabetes, and the average veggie diet is about 70-80% carbohydrates.

Last edited:

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Enlighten me.

Lol.

Vegetarians and vegans also have lower BMI, rates of obesity, and diabetes, and the average veggie diet is about 70-80% carbohydrates.
You can do a google search for how soy affects men.

Don't laugh at me like you know what you're talking about.

Vegetarians and vegans look like they're dying, so I reckon that is science enough. Animal protein might be important?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do a google search for how soy affects men.

Don't laugh at me like you know what you're talking about.

Vegetarians and vegans look like they're dying, so I reckon that is science enough. Animal protein might be important?
Soy is health promoting. High in protein, fiber, and PUFAs.

Animal protein vs. plant protein is a false question. The body cares only that amino acids are available in sufficient quantities.

I am not a vegan but the macho man attacks on plant based diets are mostly silly cultural shvt that does not have any scientific basis. The healthful diet should be mostly of plant foods for a myriad of reasons.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Your best bet for losing weight is a combination of intermittent fasting, plenty of lean meats and veggies.

Science backs me up. I'm just trying to save you some time. I spent a decade researching this stuff

@EyeBRollin
Meh...when you spend a decade actually doing all that stuff that you are researching and finding it out in your own body you'll find that much of it is highly individual dependant and what works for one person doesn't work well for another.