The concept of showing masculine power

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.. the essence is mostly 'emotional self control' and 'capable of independent thought and action'. In short, 'maturity'.

As most males show mostly immaturity these days, showing maturity immediately marks you as a dominant male.
I do think so!
But, aren't women searching for a "clown" that can evoke their emotions? Women would get bored by the same "high value" and "mature" men they will chose?

And look like an animal.

I'm big, but most of my fellow bouncers were huge. Still, everybody listened when I opened my mouth. It's not always in your size, but in the way you carry yourself that shows your authority.
Sure! Something you can feel in the air. I felt this so many times about short people over taller ones.
And mostly on high BMI people.

ps: @AmsterdamAssassin What are "mature" things a man do in his daily life, alone, then with his friends, then with his women?

Last edited:

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have the biggest set of shoulders in the room and you already have the masculine power without opening your mouth and saying a word or doing anything.

All of that other stuff doesn't matter.

That's why you train like a beast.
My friends grandfather is always the toughest guy in the room and he’s usually the shortest with the warmest smile.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My friends grandfather is always the toughest guy in the room and he’s usually the shortest with the warmest smile.
Having wide shoulders doesn't have to do with being tough. It has to do with being something visual that does the talking for you without you having to say a word or even be paying attention. It's a sign of masculinity and women like it even if they don't know exactly why.

But I agree, in general the people you need to watch out for are the quiet ones who don't say much. I'm not much of a fighter, nor do I go looking for trouble when I go out.

I'm usually the guy people want to come chat with for whatever reason about random stuff.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having wide shoulders doesn't have to do with being tough. It has to do with being something visual that does the talking for you without you having to say a word or even be paying attention. It's a sign of masculinity and women like it even if they don't know exactly why.

But I agree, in general the people you need to watch out for are the quiet ones who don't say much. I'm not much of a fighter, nor do I go looking for trouble when I go out.

I'm usually the guy people want to come chat with for whatever reason about random stuff.
I agree with you. At my friends lunch on Saturday I had three kids in tow and a girlfriend and I caught every attractive woman in the room making eyes with me, irregardless of age. I’m pretty well built and my friend is JSOC so I guess the social proof was a little better that afternoon. As for gramps, just proof in both instances perception is not always reality. I’m a pretty nice guy, gramps is absolutely cunning. There won’t be another one like him.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But, aren't women searching for a "clown" that can evoke their emotions? Women would get bored by the same "high value" and "mature" men they will chose?
You can be entertaining without becoming an 'entertainer'. Most women enjoy my company and my humour, but I don't 'clown' for attention.

ps: @AmsterdamAssassin What are "mature" things a man do in his daily life, alone, then with his friends, then with his women?
What is your question?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wide shoulders mean you throw your arms around the world. Women equate wide shoulders with the protector vibe and feel safe in your bearlike embrace.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Sidebar: You keep mentioning your "JSOC friend." JSOC folks do not talk about JSOC; retired or former ones may, but not active operators.

Usually, it's the REMFs that talk a lot.

Jus'sayin'

I agree with you. At my friends lunch on Saturday I had three kids in tow and a girlfriend and I caught every attractive woman in the room making eyes with me, irregardless of age. I’m pretty well built and my friend is JSOC so I guess the social proof was a little better that afternoon. As for gramps, just proof in both instances perception is not always reality. I’m a pretty nice guy, gramps is absolutely cunning. There won’t be another one like him.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sidebar: You keep mentioning your "JSOC friend." JSOC folks do not talk about JSOC; retired or former ones may, but not active operators.

Usually, it's the REMFs that talk a lot.

Jus'sayin'
He doesn’t talk about it ever (besides me and his close family). It’s open knowledge he’s SF

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
He doesn’t talk about it ever (besides me and his close family). It’s open knowledge he’s SF
Not to derail, but no one in active in Special Ops talks about their shyte - to ANYONE. But we can drop it.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to derail, but no one in active in Special Ops talks about their shyte - to ANYONE. But we can drop it.
Really, bc JSOC has an entire family support network so, yeah not sure how else to answer that

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"What are "mature" things a man do in his daily life, alone, then with his friends, then with his women?"
What is your question?
I find symbolism fascinating. It's interesting how we are often judged based on our physical appearance and the image we portray in real life. Our phenotype, or physical characteristics, can categorize us into certain archetypes in the minds of others, whether they are young or old, male or female, or just a child.

While we can try to bend these perceptions through our outfit choices and storytelling, our phenotype still plays a significant role in how we are perceived.

The question then becomes:
How can a man convey both indirect and direct symbols of his maturity to a woman, and how would a woman pick up on these maturity symbols from him?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can a man convey both indirect and direct symbols of his maturity to a woman, and how would a woman pick up on these maturity symbols from him?
When I'm talking about maturity and masculinity, the things women think are mature/attractive in me are the martial arts principles I follow zanshin (situational awareness) and fudōshin (strong emotional self control), that guide my immediate actions or mushin (deliberate response), my competence and capabilities.

I show the level of my development as a mature person by being spontaneous without impulsivity; entertaining without clowning around; literacy by being able to converse intelligently on a variety of topics; worldliness by being at ease and adapting to shifting circumstances; and leadership by taking responsibility for my actions and those under my authority.

In response, women who are attracted to me either act more feminine around me, because they enjoy giving over control to me and feel safe under my guidance and protection, or they test me by taking a 'bratty' attitude. The last is entertaining to me. I know how to handle brats, so the testing doesn't last long and they revert to acting more feminine and/or submissive to me after establishing my ability to make them feel safe.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
With so many "men" today acting like girls in junior high, it's prudent to listen to this

And modify the way we think and behave accordingly

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have the biggest set of shoulders in the room and you already have the masculine power without opening your mouth and saying a word or doing anything.

All of that other stuff doesn't matter.

That's why you train like a beast.
@

true, it shows discipline and strength. People notice immediately without you even opening your mouth. You won half the race already.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
true, it shows discipline and strength. People notice immediately without you even opening your mouth. You won half the race already.
And then you do open your mouth and fall in.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm talking about maturity and masculinity, the things women think are mature/attractive in me are the martial arts principles I follow zanshin (situational awareness) and fudōshin (strong emotional self control), that guide my immediate actions or mushin (deliberate response), my competence and capabilities.
Did you learn those things by yourself or by practicing, which martial arts?
or they test me by taking a 'bratty' attitude.
And how do you reply to those tests, by keeping your mature men attitude? Or do you exit the frame?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you learn those things by yourself or by practicing, which martial arts?
Well, I've been around for a while, you pick things up. Violence was a big part of my early life and to deal with my inner rage I turned to martial arts. I started training in aikido and Japanese swordsmanship when I was twenty-three and the principles of combat were applicable in ordinary life as well.

And how do you reply to those tests, by keeping your mature men attitude? Or do you exit the frame?
I am dominant 'by nature', it's not a 'frame' like with most men.
Brats are 'recalcitrant submissives'. They need to know that you're the dominant they're looking for, someone with enough emotional self-control to deal with their 'drama'.
So I use fudōshin to not be pulled into their drama by keeping my emotional self control. When women become dramatic, i.e. emotional without any reason for it, I stay disengaged emotionally and calm them down by deliberate non-reaction.
If you understand 'drama' you know it's purely emotional, there's often no rhyme or reason, except that brats want to see if you follow them into their hysterics or if you stay above it and lead them back to reasonable behaviour.

Carson02

Don Juan
Reaction score
A strong masculine core generally comes naturally and women will instinctively pick up on it. From experience, it is apparent when the latter degrade their beta husbands or SO’s in your presence and turn to you in a supplicative manner. They want to be assured you will provide protective security for them and not be a doormat to their ever changing attitudes.