Jesse Pinkman's approach/field reports thread.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having read a lot of your journal and commend you for putting your balls on the line , I can't help but get the feeling a lot of these sets are seeing you as a dancing monkey its critical from the word go a woman sees you as a sexual option and not just some random dude blindly trying his luck

I think the opener is everything and if there's a group of say 3-4 girls its important to try and include all of them or you will get b1tch blocked which from reading a few interactions it seems has happened a few times

I haven't been out drinking in a while but a new opener I am going to test soon is

" excuse me ladies which one of you is the craziest "

They will probably all point at one girl if its a toss between 2 then thats even better as you can immediately tell them to make their minds up which will allow you to assert your dominance

Once they have selected the craziest you can just say " ok you're coming home with me tonight then" with a smirk but be serious

I can't really see this getting anything other than laughs and few " oHhhh's" and if it does they just don't have a sense of humour

I particularly like this because it does a couple of things

1) it shows your not here to mess around you have sex on your mind

2) you are making it very clear you see at least one of these women as a sexual option if not all of them

3) it will completely smash the ice with the group and from there you can begin to control the set in the way you want too

4) you can start moving onto really freaky bedroom sh1t once they have nominated the "crazy one"

I think this is a fairly bulletproof opener for night game and I am actually excited to run it let me know if you use it
No you raise a good point. At the start of this field report, it was tough for me to really even cold approach without the use of alcohol. Then I got some "wings" but they were crazy and ineffective for the most part. What has been my biggest setback is the consistency and getting back at it. Like I feel that overtime when I have had success with cold approach, it has been habitual. I have done it consistently for a few days and got into the routine which has weeded out a lot of bad game.

The other reason this is tough to do? MIAMI HAS BEEN DEAD in recent months, especially the summer. Venues have been empty with barely any sets in them and even the streets have usually been lacking sets. This is so huge for regular practice.

Then when I come right back, the bad game, approach anxiety, and the rust return.

Going solo was a huge transition for me though and I am still getting used to it. At least wings somewhat served as barriers but most guys in the PUA community are freaking weird bro so they ruined more sets than they won.

I do have a few lines I want to try out and will use your line for large groups.

However, one line I want to use is just one to get them to admit if they are tourists or new arrivals. Gaming local Miami women and women who have settled into Miami itself is a losing battle. Most of them are not even that open to ONS and are quite prudish. I have a strategy that will finally get me the success I need once Miami starts to fill back up come October.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, one line I want to use is just one to get them to admit if they are tourists or new arrivals. Gaming local Miami women and women who have settled into Miami itself is a losing battle. Most of them are not even that open to ONS and are quite prudish. I have a strategy that will finally get me the success I need once Miami starts to fill back up come October.
Obviously I never lived in Miami but for sure you should consider that locals are not really prudish but more tired of the endless masses of tourists that want to f8ck them in 5 minutes from meeting them

I saw this when I was living in Barcelona, maybe is the same thing there. Maybe it would make more sense with hinting that you are a local?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro are you talking from theory or real life experience?

Because the cool caffès have a very French design which means that basically you sitting next to each other. And if you can sit next to each other you can escalate :)

Bars are worst for first dates because there are tables, and it takes a girl to be very open minded in order to stay at the bar

Bars are great as a 2nd location, as you can go to one that has a sofa and tell her to sit next to you

Would pick anytime a coffee date over a bar date
I like to escalate over text/phone before the meet and then kino during the meet, so if the girl is high interest you don't need alcohol, although it doesn't hurt. Any place you can sit close together is good,

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously I never lived in Miami but for sure you should consider that locals are not really prudish but more tired of the endless masses of tourists that want to f8ck them in 5 minutes from meeting them

I saw this when I was living in Barcelona, maybe is the same thing there. Maybe it would make more sense with hinting that you are a local?
Prudish is a strong word perhaps but they are more tied into their social circles and tend to meet and date exclusively within those. I cannot be bothered with the church every Sunday lifestyle so I stay away.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think Miami is in decline or just the time of the year?
Great question that is tough to answer. I mean Story has closed down and it was one of Miami's top nightclubs. Other Miami OGs like @IKO69 for example can comment.

IMO, it has normalized and declined from where it was during the pandemic when it was one of the very few cities in the US still open. You had venues like The Wharf which were packed to the brim and had lines over a mile because everyone wanted to be in Miami. The whole world flooded in because Miami was the only city that was open.

In some ways, I have seen it decline. Lincoln Rd has more homeless people in it than before. The Wharf, long a Miami nightlife staple, closes this week and in its place a bougier and more stuck up venue in Coconut Grove opens up.

If I had to pick one answer, I would say it has certainly declined. Too soon to tell for sure but October to April would be a great litmus test.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting back to it.

9/3 and 9/4

September 3

I toyed around with whether I want to do some daygame or whether I want to consider nightgame. After giving it some thought, I rolled with nightgame. I went to what is said to be a popping venue at Sunday night and found it largely empty when I got there. The magic of Miami nightlife, so much emptiness galore and so unpredictable.

When I first get there, I stand around. Then, I see this black dude and his Arab friend open a two set that passes by. When the set finished, I chat the guys up congratulating them on their opening. Come to find, the black dude knew a good friend of mines that I made a couple of years ago when I joined the game community here.

After that, I knew I had to show up and do some approaches.

I approach a two set but suck so bad at projecting my voice in the loud venue that it goes dry. This is something I need to actively work on.

I then open a girl in white pants there with her friends as the black dude opens the other girl. A couple of minutes later, my girl’s friend physically grabs her arm and drags her away.

I approach a two set sitting down but they have boyfriends so I bail.

I then approached a three set and told one girl she was dressed like Kendall Jenner, she took insult to that and it landed flat.

After that, the guys themselves found the venue relatively empty and headed to Fort Lauderdale. I realized this night be a lost cause.

September 4

I decided to finally do some daygame but found relatively little sets. The few I did find, I did not approach. Daygame seemed like a foreign language to me due to how long of a time off I took from it. Daygame rust is yet again real.

As the week went on, I would get back to it.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/5/23 - Back to doing daygame

Tuesday afternoon I decided to take a short drive to Brickell and do some daygame. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the quality was in the Brickell City Center on Tuesday compared to the weekends! Unfortunately, it did take me a while to get going as I was in my own head for a lot of the time.

Daygame is one of those things where if you do it constantly, you retain it. If you take a long break from it like I have, it is so tough to get back into. I probably spent the first hour of my time just walking around and doing no approaches. Then I saw this one annoying dude from this old pickup group I used to be a part of walking around, I knew he was there to approach. I saw a few others which made me realize that I just entered Brickell on a prime day for daygame.

I knew I had to do it but at the same time, security was walking around all over the venue as well and they seemed to be quite active talking to each other. We all know all too well how PUAs in a mall can make security a bit nervous given what happened at Eaton Center in Toronto many years ago. I even approach security and make small talk with them and they seemed rather chill.

After some walking around and calming my nerves, I finally worked up the courage to do my first daygame approach in what has been quite some time.

First approach

I see this cute brunette with a ponytail and open her, telling her that I was on my way to a store but saw her and had to tell her the ponytail looked good on her. The girl was Venezuelan and while we chatted for a few more seconds, she was not interested.

After this, I had done a mini approach where the girl had a small dog but one of the female security guards, a larger black woman, kind of stared me down in an angry way as I did it so I backed off.

Girl with Golden Retriever

I see this one woman with a Golden Retriever and decided to open her, it was going alright. I opened her by asking if her dog is indeed a Golden since it was a bit more on the darker blonde side. Then the stop comes up for the woman to go into the hotel and we part ways.

Glasses

I cross paths with a girl wearing glasses and decided to walk back to open her. The whole approach, I was nervous. She seemed quite serious and like someone that had a rough day. At that moment, I knew to back off after complimenting her on her glasses but it was a half-hearted approach. Her face looked to be of someone that just had a rough day.

A long lull again.

Here I was again, in this long lull. I had seen a couple of sets I really wanted to approach but could not find the right opportunity to do so. I remember seeing this one girl with all black hair and pale skin that I wanted to go at but unfortunately, could not. The girl was too far away and I did not want to cause a scene by running after her so I backed out of the set.

Woman in all black and sunglasses.

I saw this woman with dark hair and a black dress as well as sunglasses on the escalator heading down right in front of me. As she got off the escalator, I decided to open her and compliment her on her black dress. The accent that came out was American and I commented on how I was shocked to hear that from her which she found flattering. At some point though, I see the ring on her finger and immediately bail.

This was my proudest approach as I approached a woman that was just my type with the kind of look I go crazy for. I call it a momentum shifting approach in a way.

Girl in pink top.

I stick around and post up in one part of the BCC and right up the escalator comes this woman wearing a pink top and white pants. As she is walking around a bit lost, I open her without having a clear view of her face. The girl was fit and dressed well but her face was not the most appealing. I make small talk with her but then exit the set as she was just not doing it for me.

The final wave.

Time was winding down now in Brickell and it was slowly turning into night. I was realizing that I had to head home soon but there was still some quality around. If anything, I had to go for it now and just not care.

Brazilian tourist

I see this gorgeous brunette right next to me as I am overlooking the scene from the BCC. I immediately open her saying she looks fashionable and we chat for a minute before I realize a group looking at us. The group was her friends and one guy in it looked at me somewhat angrily, it was probably her man.

Blonde in pretty dress

I remember passing by this blonde once already but could not approach due to the crowd around us. The second time I saw this blonde, I tell her that she wins the award for the best dressed Miami Beach local. She took well to my compliment and told me she was from Austria, visiting. I tried to check her logistics and she said she was married, I really suck at checking rings.

Dark haired Polish woman

Once again my type comes through. I see this one woman walking in my direction with pale skin and black hair and I just have to approach. I go through and open her, compliment her, but she has a boyfriend. This was my last approach and once again, I am proud of myself for having done it towards the kind of woman that is my type.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/8/23 - Another side of Miami Nightlife I had never seen before.

Friday started off with a surprising text for me. I was nearing the end of the work day and everyone at work had left at around 2 PM. My new local friend I made hits me up saying he is going to Happy Hour at our local bar and I decide to join him an hour later after a nice workout.

I arrive and find that he is going to be running late but one of the guys comes early. Minutes later, my main friend joins us as well. We chat a bit during Happy Hour about life, women, and dating but then realize that the venue we are at is freaking dead. We find that there is just no potential. Apparently, most venues would be packed in Miami at this time but ours was not.

The venue in question is an outdoor bar which is supposed to serve as the replacement for The Wharf as The Wharf is set to close in Miami. I am going to call my main friend Rico and the other friend Frank.

Frank, who is a member of Soho House, tells us about the venues that do start to get good in Miami. One venue he talks about, which I will The Venue since I do not want to give the name away, is supposed to be packed with quality. We plan to head over to Brickell but have to stop at Rico’s spot since he needs to change from his shorts to his pants.

Rico lives in a high end spot and so does Frank. We go get dinner at a decent restaurant and then wait for The Venue to open. Fast forward, The Venue does open and my friends are able to get a table.

We stick around on the table and find that the staff are far friendlier when it comes to table service. Rico and Frank told me how at the other venue, you have to wait such a long time to get service even if you tip beforehand. At first we are sticking around as the place has barely filled up at all. I did see this one white girl with black hair and a ponytail that I was crazy about, more on that later.

As 11 nears, we see the place fill up almost rapidly. The pace at which the place has filled up is insane. Rico managed to get us a table since he is quite well off in what he does and knows the owner of a few venues so he has his ins. I decide my job is to approach. We see this two-set right in front of us and I go for it.

Two set.

We have two hot blondes right in front of us, one is tall and wearing white pants and the other is shorter dressed a bit more casually. My opener is along the lines of complimenting them on their dress. The two took well to it. The taller blonde is from Chile and the shorter one from Rhode Island, both are coworkers out together.

At this point, its been days since the interaction but I remember teasing the girls a bit. However, it seems like both were just receptive to anyone talking to them. After a while, I get them to the table and introduce them to my two friends. We are at the table and talking but I had to go take a piss. I take the piss and come back only to find that a third girl had entered, she was the friend that was coming.

The girl was a bubbly brunette from Argentina with a jumpy personality. I have re-entered the set but seemed to miss a lot. At this point, I am vibing with the bubbly brunette and KINOing her a good bit. Overall, it does not go as I had planned as the two blondes are now talking to each other. My two friends, not normal game guys, had not done their jobs.

I keep working the brunette but she gets back to the two blondes. At this point, the North Carolina blonde goes to talk to Rico and I decide to wander off and do some sets as I have questionable vibes with the group.

The ponytail girl from earlier.

You all are keeping up with the ponytail girl with the black hair from earlier, well I see her at the bar with her blonde friend. I open her and she is receptive except her breath smells like total sh*t. The girl from Ukraine and looks sexy but the breath really ruined it for me, I wish her well and leave.

Two set, tall brunette and short platinum blonde.

I approach this two set who are well dressed and compliment them on their dress, surprisingly, they are quite receptive to my compliment. I talk to both of them, one is this super tall brunette with a tan and the other this short platinum blonde. The two were former coworkers and the brunette recently left her job. I put my hands around them which they are okay with.

The two-set gets led to the table and I sit down with them. We do not notice but other purses are there. I have my hands on both but more on the brunette as she is unemployed and likely has all the time in the world to f*ck. The blonde however, seemed more into me. At one point, the brunette calls me out for pulling her closer to me as it somehow makes her calves in her high heels hurt. I stand up with her and tell her lets see how tall she really is.

During this time, the Argentinian girl shoots me a very mean look as she grabs her purse.

Then it hits again, I know I had been drinking somewhat a little more than I should have and have to use the bathroom again. Well, when I come back, the two girls are gone. Not sure what had happened but again, big mistake by me. I do notice that alcohol these days makes my bladder more active than it used to.

Two girls still around

The tall blonde in white pants from Chile had stormed off angrily but the North Carolina blonde and the brunette stick around. We get them to another venue but we have 3 guys to 2 girls, not a good ratio. However, I consider the night more of an investment.

Even if I do not get laid, I am friends with two locals who have shown me a good bar. I mean the bar is a freaking far cry and night and day difference from the usual venue I go to. The usual venue I go to is awful in terms of female behavior. Women in this venue are in cliques, usually more college aged, stuck up, and give out brutal rejections.

We go to another venue but then the brunette has met her friends so she stays while my two friends and the blonde call it a night. I got all of the girls’ IGs and the blonde’s number. Frank had tried to hit on the blonde in the car and I sort of let him.

I feel like if I can continue to build that friendship with Rico and Frank, then I can at least continue to learn about the venues in Miami I was missing out on. In the pickup group chat I used to be a part of a while back, we did not even discuss venues such as the one I went to. I almost discovered an entirely new side of Miami.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/10/23 - A trip back to familiar territory.

After a Saturday where I went hard, I headed out to Miami Beach on Sunday to do some daygame. The weather was scorching hot but I had not been in Miami Beach for a while. As soon as I arrive and walk around, I notice Lincoln Rd is more empty than usual. I also notice a woman saying how much Lincoln Rd has declined and I notice way more homeless people than I did a year ago.

I saw some sets but none were really worth approaching. Well, it was either that or I have been out of daygame on Lincoln Rd for so long that I held back too much. I was starting to sweat from the crazy heat and perhaps this is why so many people just stayed in.

After a lot of debate, I went to Brickell.

I noticed that come 5 PM in Brickell, it started to fill up. However, I just spent most of the time sitting around and people watching in a casual way. It did get me that at some point, I have to get moving and start doing some approaches.

Then I cross paths with this cute blonde in a white dress and open her, telling her that she looks fashionable but in a very low key way, as if she is not from Miami. Blonde tells me she is from NYC. I tell her I moved from NYC as well. We banter back and forth and then I tell her I have to meet my friends at Moxies. Blonde tells me she came from Moxies.

I ask for the number and then she gave it to me. Then I try to set up the coffee date and the blonde does not agree to a time but says she has a relatively free schedule. Long story short, I should have kept the set longer, under 2 minutes and they forget you fast.

After that I did not really do an approach and just headed home.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My confession, dark past in game full of lies, and message to all who have been following my journey.

I have been thinking about this for quite some time and I think after a matter of time, the truth either comes out or it finds its way out. I wanted to take this time to make a confession to all who have been kind enough to support me in my journey as well as all who helped lift me up on here. The community on SS has been one of a kind but I know that in order for me to move this thread in the right direction and go to the next stage, the skeletons in my closet must come out so I can truly be free and continue to be me.

SS community, I was a liar and a fraud. I am done hiding it but my early days in game were spent trolling internet forums, making up field reports behind a fake persona, and lying my butt off. I sucked with women in a big way throughout my teens and even through a good chunk of college although I did start to slowly get better. Even being in a better than average fraternity did not help me or a good bit of my brothers as much as one would lead you to believe.

I spent so much of my early and mid twenties playing victim, hiding behind a mask, and pretending to be someone I was not, especially online. While I had some sprinkles of success, the truth is that I was a miserable guy who was unfulfilled in life but used some fake persona online to lift up his ego, confidence, and sense of worth. Let's say I also made some enemies in the game community and leave it at that.

At some point, I could no longer live with it. I went through a lot of tough stuff doing the pandemic, one being losing a family member who I had grown very near and dear to, it hurt me like nothing like and I broke down and cried. I guess at some point, I realized how short life really is.

I realized that in all of those years in the game community that I spent putting on a fake persona, attempting to sound like an expert, and being someone online that I was not in real life, the only person I really fooled and hurt was myself.

It sometimes pained me to write this log because I started it with only 1 objective in mind, to showcase all of you the truthful no-filtered and no BS journey around game and what it takes. I could no longer live with the lie. I could no longer hide behind a mask and make stuff up.

It would have been so easy to make up a fake lay report and at times, it was quite tempting but I did not do it.

It pained me at times to come to this forum and all of you and more or less say "you know what guys? I did 10 approaches today and didn't get jack sh*t out of them". However, I could at least live with that truth, I was not going to live with a lie anymore.

I know that this thing is going to be a grind but I rather embrace the truthful grind than fake success.

I am going to share more about myself. I have even started a new site that I am debating on putting on my signature at some point.

I know I will lose some of you in all of this and that is okay.

This thread and its field reports, however painful they were to type, were the truth though in who I was and what I did. I only skipped sharing some days and some interactions since I had busy weeks and by the time I could, I had forgotten a good bit of the details.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Continuing on, I know I cannot change the past. All I can do is look back on years that I wasted just rotting as some would say. Now as I enter my 30s, I realize how much of my 20s I wasted mentally masturbating and not taking action. I know if I had started my game and self-improvement journey back at 25 as opposed to closer to 30, I would have been way better off. I mean imagine doing this before the pandemic when things were open and before politics and people relations had gotten so crazy. Some guys did capitalize on those times, hit their stride with game, and move on.

If I had been one of those guys instead of messing around, I know I would have been happier. However, I know that it is better late than never but at the same time, I know I do not want to be too late to this. I do not want to be in my late 30s doing this $hit. I am giving myself about a good two to three years to go all in on game in terms of trying to get laid and then after that, move on to other things. Miami is not going to be the city I live in forever.

It kind of gets me on some days too, just moving out of that big fast paced city life and to a place with a lower cost of living where things are slower, people nicer, and you have better nature. At the same time, I know that if I do not give game my all and don't have some success, this will bite at me for the rest of my life.

When you fear time, you realize that you have $hit that needs to get done. I know that I cannot keep doing this forever or even past 5 years, it be a miracle if I do it for 3 more years. I know that this is practically it. I know that I have my early 30s for game and then after that, it just starts to become pathetic to chase the lifestyle I am.

I dream of that day sometimes where once I have gone through all of this, had my success, and done what I needed to it, it is almost like the sun shines on me and I can be taking to the skies to start a new journey doing something else.

In the past few weeks, I have been off of my grind. I want to solely dedicate my time on SS to this field report and stay away from the drama, arguments, and any other nonsense. Miami will pick back up soon and I need to be ready to give it all I got because lately, I have not.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have linked my Substack I started right below as I wanted to slowly reveal more and more of my journey to those of you on here who have been keeping up. It is a hassle to live somewhat of a double life online so I said screw it and went this route. A few rules and heads ups for this field report thread moving forward.

1. If there is not a receipt, it does not count as a lay from me no matter what I claim, no receipt means no lay. If I am not sharing actual texting exchanges with you all where she has confirmed that she is meeting up, I cannot come on here and claim I got laid. I just think there needs to be more accountability when dudes post lay reports.

I will be doing a new count which is lay post this reply so lays that require a receipt.

2. If you do want to see something extra past the text receipts, they are going to go on my Substack. If it involves anything close to nudes or anything, it will go on my Substack but I will likely make it paid and private. Just the way it is.

3. Field reports will be more detailed and talk about whether I did the following such as:
  • Did I try to move the set forward at all or gain compliance, huge thing I did not do when I first started this thread
  • Did I actually try to isolate or recommend it to the girl
  • Did I sexualize the conversation at all or try to make it a sexual vibe instead of a platonic one at the bar
Every approach is going to try to check those 3 boxes. If it does not, I did not do it properly and just wasted the approach.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/15/23 - Not the Friday night I am too proud of.

Here I am questioning everything I did leading up to Friday. I got a nice workout in at the gym hitting my new maxes on chest and tripcep exercises and cooked myself a healthy and nutritious meal. Earlier in the day, a date I have for Saturday confirmed. Then it came time for Friday night and I realized that I still have an unopened bottle of wine I bought a week ago for a date that rescheduled last minute, we never quite got things sorted out.

Then Friday night came and I almost debated when to go out. Since it was only 8, I knew I had plenty of time as I usually try to head out at 10 or 11 at latest. None of my friends from last week hit me up. I have some wine and start watching some fun Youtube videos.

As the time slipped by, I check my weather forecast and lo and behold, it is supposed to rain in Miami for parts of Friday night. Given that the bar I go to is an outdoors bar, I decide to finally say **** it and play around with the idea of staying in.

I finally learned once again why so most men out there are single or don’t mess around with nightlife and cold approach anymore. For all intents and purposes, it is a ****ing grind. You deal with so much bull**** for what is a relatively low success rate. Dating apps are far more efficient which is why if you can have success on there, I see little to no reason for doing cold approach in most cases.

Such were the thoughts running through my head. For example, the venue I go to and my experiences there. I go to this large outdoors bar and 80% of the people there are cliquey kids from The U (Hurricanes). If you want to get into a good venue in Miami like I did the last week, you either need to get tables or bring girls.

The amount of nonsense a man cold approaching, especially when he does nightgame, has to deal with makes me realize why so many men opt out of game altogether. Most of the times you are dealing with bad rejections from ungrateful woman who will be whining in 10 years about how men no longer approach them. You talk to a woman at a bar or club who is there with her friends and her friends are immediately assuming the absolute worst in you.

One other reason I decided to stay in, and the main one, is because Miami nightlife has been so freaking dead for the most part. The summer is one of the worst I have seen in quite some time and September has not seemed promising at all. One of my friends who DJs tells me that Miami does not actually come to life until October. I thought it just made sense to stay in rather than risk yet another night of entirely empty venues.

So I went to a strip club nearby me and by nearby I mean I literally live on the same block as it is. The place is sort of a hidden gem full of Eastern European and Latina strippers for the most part. I walk in and immediately there are 5 different strippers trying to get me to get a lap dance but I just needed to cool off a bit before I decide on which one. I’ve been here in the past and there are a few I have grown to like.

I get a lap dance from one tall busty blonde stripper from Ukraine. Yes, I know, I feel like a loser but whatever. Going out would not have done it for me on this Friday night. I come back home, smelling like stripper perfume, and then play some videogames.

Then I got the chance to look back on what happened and realized that I had not built momentum during the week. I think it is so tough to go out on a Friday night when you are not prompted by friends because you have been working and staying in for most of the week. I also had a date set for Saturday so I know that I was going to get laid anyways since she is coming to my pad.

For the future, I think I need to go out on a Thursday and use that as my warmup type of a day and that way, I head into Friday with momentum. To make up for this stale weekend so far, I will consider going out this Saturday night.

Captain Redbeard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very easy to adopt this mindset and I have found myself staying in with similar thought patterns many times. Sometimes a genuine rest and reset was warranted, sometimes I was just being a b1tch.

Definitely key to keep some momentum through the week, objects in motion tend to stay in motion.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally learned once again why so most men out there are single or don’t mess around with nightlife and cold approach anymore. For all intents and purposes, it is a ****ing grind. You deal with so much bull**** for what is a relatively low success rate.

The amount of nonsense a man cold approaching, especially when he does nightgame, has to deal with makes me realize why so many men opt out of game altogether. Most of the times you are dealing with bad rejections from ungrateful woman who will be whining in 10 years about how men no longer approach them. You talk to a woman at a bar or club who is there with her friends and her friends are immediately assuming the absolute worst in you.
Nightlife approaching is not that fun, especially for more introverted, "Pleasure of Sex" type men (see link below for reminder about that). I'm not sure if introverted or "Pleasure of Sex" applies to you, but both of those labels apply to me. I see you as closer to "Thrill of the Hunt".

Nightlife venue approaching is better for more extroverted and more social men. Introverts like myself are either best suited for tech-based game or daygame. Given the mess of tech-based game, I did choose daygame as my specialty. I spent most of the 2000s decade using a form of game not ideally suited for my personality type. I was doing nightlife venue type game at off campus apartment parties while in college and at nightlife venues once I turned 21. While I got laid using that form of game in the 2000s, it was a massive effort at that time. Daygame isn't the ideal solution either because daygame is a pain in the butt too. I've gone to fitness classes and seen super attractive women be anti-social and not open to being approached after class. I've done outdoor daygame sessions where I've been outdoors on a path for 2 hours and not arranged 1 date and done few approaches because the approach opportunities weren't there that day. Those are annoying things that happen in daygame. There are also others. In daygame, even when you can deliver an opening line to a woman, most conversations fizzle out in 30-60 seconds. I have gotten laid from daygame approaching before but it takes a lot of volume. It's very inefficient when effective and often ineffective for a lot of game practitioners.

Over the course of this thread, you've done both non-bar approaching and bar/nightclub approaching. It's good that you are able to do both. In Miami, you have some daygame options that aren't easy to replicate in other cities. As compared to Dallas, there are more areas with outdoor foot traffic in Miami. Additionally, you have the beach.

Dating apps are far more efficient which is why if you can have success on there, I see little to no reason for doing cold approach in most cases.
Nightlife venue game has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years in the era of swipe apps and social media DMs. For the Top 10-15% of men (85th percentile +), swipe apps and Instagram are more efficient for getting fast sex as compared to old school grinding it out in a nightlife venue doing approaches. An 85th percentile + guy will do well in nightlife but it just can't compare with the abundance of a swipe app or Instagram DMs. With the swipe apps and Instagram, a top guy can select from thousands of women within a 10 mile radius in a major metropolitan area. In a nightlife venue, he's limited to the less than 100 women in any given nightlife venue.

If you're a 60th to 84th percentile guy (above average but not exceptional), there's a better case for grinding it out with in-person approaching.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As men we tend to be hard on ourselves , we aren't really allowed to express any real emotion by society we aren't really allowed to be
Deflated or pi$$ed off or fed up

nobody cares

We are expected just to get on with it 365 days a year come rain or shine

You can spend days building your confidence up ready to approach a girl , she can brutally reject you in under 30 seconds and yet we are still expected too then do it all over again with the next woman and the next one and the next one

Ive said it before but most women do not respect and appreciate the level of courage it takes for a man to in person cold approach a stranger

Another thing I find absolutely mind blowing is that you can have two beautiful women in a venue one could be cold as ice towards you the other could be as hot as the sun

then you have the girls who throw mixed signals just incase it wasn't confusing or difficult enough for us

All we can do is try our best , being a man is the toughest job in the world nobody is coming to rescue us

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All we can do is try our best , being a man is the toughest job in the world nobody is coming to rescue us
To me it sounds like masochism going somewhere where you have unbalanced ratios or where it is not really your crowd ( not feeling comfortable)

Way better to do things in the evening, as there are way more hot girls in the streets than during the nights

Also, something that most guys do not really understand. You either do something till 1-2 am or very likely you will just be a masochist and ungrateful to your body

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/16/23 - League Date

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the app, The League is a somewhat niche dating app. You get 3 choices a day to swipe on. Even when you get on the app, there is usually a selection process where you have to wait to be admitted. Lately, I have had a number of matches on League.

One match was this blonde who I was chatting with. In most cases, I would post screenshots of the texts and convos but given how this date went, I decided it doesn’t make sense. I text this blonde for about a week. We were supposed to meet last week but she said she was sick.

What is important about this date is that she said she is doing “Sober September” which means that my wine line does not work. However, I decide to pitch her on some sushi as I live across the street from a sushi place. She is down for sushi so the plan is I have sushi with her at my place.

I tease her daily with a text that has gifs of soup and she found it funny. She tells me on Thursday she will let me know by Friday if she can do this weekend. I get the text Friday letting me know she is down.

I found it a bit mysterious that she asked me what we are doing but I reminded her. We had the date and she drove over to where I live.

When we order sushi, the damn guy takes forever to fulfill my order. I do not want to escalate or get sexual in a public setting so we make some small talk. She was dressed quite well and everything. After a while of just not getting our sushi, despite people who came in after us getting it, I say screw it and ask. We finally get our sushi and head up to my spot.

The long story short of this is that my date was sort of monotone in her voice and it was tough to generate chemistry. I tried to sexualize the best I could, something that has worked like a charm with other dates, but literally everything fell flat. She told me that she is coming off of a break up where guys manipulated her and I start to ask if at this point, it makes any sense to even try.

Younger me would have pressed but I realized that this is not going to lead to anything. I realize despite my best attempts to sexualize, that I am not scoring. I end the date in a kind and gentle way since she was nice enough to drive to where I am. In some ways, I think this shows maturity. When you can treat a woman with respect and kindness despite you not scoring, it shows a kind of maturity that someone new to game will not get.

We say our goodbyes and I wish her well, I genuinely meant it. However, I also realized that I need to continue to work on screening. If she was not down to drink wine, then very likely, nothing crazy was going to happen on the first date. Thankfully, I have the whole night ahead to get out there and approach.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9/16/23 - Good Riddance, Wharf.

For those of you who are not aware, September 16th was the last day the famous Miami establishment, The Wharf, was open. The Wharf will be closing for renovations which will likely finish in three years, in other words, its closed now. Amongst Miami locals and anyone that does game in Miami, The Wharf definitely held a special place.

The Wharf is where most Pickup Artists and Dating Coaches that came to Miami did their bootcamps. In some ways, the bar is an idea venue for approaching. You have a large outdoors area where you can hear people and have this thing called a conversation. In Miami, such venues are a unicorn as you are usually packed into clubs that go out of their way to crank up the volume louder than they would in other cities.

Most girls head out to The Wharf on Fridays as their pre-game before they decide to go elsewhere. The Wharf is the bar where most of the Miami party crowd is at on a Friday night. Unfortunately, it has a lot of kids that go to The U so the cliquishness ramps up like crazy. Now, its closing.

Heading out.

After what was a miserable date, I decide to go to a local bar for a drink or two. I honestly did not feel like going out at all but I had just spent an entire Friday night staying in and then going to the strip club, I had to go out. I know when I have a drink or two in me, I am more inclined to want to go out. So I head to the local bar, get a couple of drinks but the third one is free since the bartender is my friend.

When I get to The Wharf, I see the longest line I have seen ever since I have been. I decide to approach these three girls in line and asked them if they went to NYU. The three girls are cool and let me cut in front of them. I told them I would buy them drinks but we lost each other inside so I did not.

Inside.

Once I am inside the bar, I lose the girls I had approached in line. I see one guy I had talked to a few weeks ago, the Italian dude from Brooklyn, and I talk to him. We decide to just go through and do some sets together. On the way, I run into my friend’s boxing coach who ends up being quite dismissive. WTF man.

Hot brunette and her friend.

I walk around with my wing and on the way, see this gorgeous brunette with her friend. Immediately, I had to approach. I asked her where the party is going to be at now that they are closing the Wharf. The thing I am most proud of is that I touched her almost immediately when I had approached to make my intentions clear.

The brunette was part Irish and part Colombian. I teased her saying “whiskey and coke personified” which she found hilarious. We banter back and forth a bit but I keep my hand on her shoulder, at times she even sort of tried to get it off in a subtle way but I wanted her to be explicit when she did so.

We were vibing a bit as my wing talked to her friend. I am finding that even having a guy with some social skills is great as long as he is not a nuisance like most PUA guys are. I ask the brunette for her IG which she gives to me and then tell her about my neighborhood which she is curious about. Let’s see where this potentially goes but this woman was beautiful.

4 set.

I approach a 4 set and long story short, it really goes nowhere. They seemed like the typical Wharf crowd of snotty college girls who think their **** don’t stink.

Pittsburgh girls.

I approach these three girls from Pittsburgh, asking them the same line of where the party is going to be at now that they are closing The Wharf. The girls told me they are not locals, they are visiting. I ask from where and they said PA. I said I hope its Phili but they said Pittsburgh. I drop an uncomfortable line about the Steelers but throughout the conversation, I notice one thing. The tanned brunette in the group is into me but the blonde is being the one trying to get me out. Set ends.

Colombian girls.

I see these two Latinas and one has a long braided ponytail. I approach her telling her it looks great and then ask if it is for style or to be used as a weapon which her friend finds hilarious. We have a good conversation going but behind her, I notice a group of taller drunk guys constantly trying to bump us. I use this to put my arm around her and continue to talk to her.

This is a development of my game I am proud of, putting my arms or hands on a woman. I have seen sets where guys stand too far apart from a girl and a random guy comes in to ruin that set or take the girl. I get the IG of the Colombian girl who tells me to DM her about Regatta as she wants to go there, it seemed like genuine interest. We also notice that the girls are there with two other guys and realize it is time to get going.