Getting Started with Instagram

M

member160292

I’ve never been a fan of Social Media outside of LinkedIn. For those of you that have a decent amount of followers, what are some tips in setting up your profile?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In pickup and manosphere spaces, do not expect a good reception of wanting to do social media. These are full of older dudes who think it makes them edgy or something.

However, I will tell you that Instagram is no longer what it used to be. Getting famous or a lot of engagement on it is tougher and tougher by the month. Even the blue checkmarks they used to sell to celebs can now be bough for a small price these days. In other words, you kind of missed the boat.

If I was you, I would focus on posting higher quality pics, partnering with other photographers in your hobby, and giving it time. Reddit has an Instagram subreddit where you can post your pic and ask others to like it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instagram is a tough spot for arranging dates. Tons of men are now blowing up women's Instagram DM boxes.

Even if you aren't setting up dates on Instagram, it can be argued that Instagram is past its peak now. You could almost think of Instagram as having a Facebook in the mid-2010s vibe. Facebook's peak was around the late 2000s/early 2010s before losing its cool factor.

The mainstream media is starting to notice....

Last edited:

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a talent worth showcasing and are good looking go for it, otherwise probably best to have a small private one to share with close friends/'family or for business purposes.

Also Insta isn't dead it is the second most downloaded app of 2022 globally

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way I would invest in Instagram is if I travel A LOT for my job where I can constantly be taking interesting pictures in different places - food, scenery, etc. Something that will draw a lot of attention. Otherwise, there is almost no purpose to it and it isn't going to help you with women. It just becomes a silly time-sink.

Not trying to be "edgy" by giving this advice either as another poster suggested. It's frankly just a waste of time and there are better ways to invest it.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way I would invest in Instagram is if I travel A LOT for my job where I can constantly be taking interesting pictures in different places - food, scenery, etc. Something that will draw a lot of attention. Otherwise, there is almost no purpose to it and it isn't going to help you with women. It just becomes a silly time-sink.

Not trying to be "edgy" by giving this advice either as another poster suggested. It's frankly just a waste of time and there are better ways to invest it.
I disagree from personal experience. Stories of me doing cool stuff and reels of me taking part in cool things has helped me bring back dead leads.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree from personal experience. Stories of me doing cool stuff and reels of me taking part in cool things has helped me bring back dead leads.
And if you're leading a very exciting lifestyle - like the one I mentioned, or you have a boat in the Atlantic, etc., I can see it working. Most guys don't though. Most guys work 9-5 then hit up the same bars, restaurants, and dives every single weekend. There are only so many times that taking a picture of a beer you got at a brewery or the fish tacos from the dockside bar is interesting before it becomes stale. I have a few buddies who do this every time they are out and post the picture and it looks like a plea for attention (and hard to say it isn't - nor do I think it gets them women).

I think you are in a small minority of guys that use Instagram and actually get tail from it. Hence my position. But I have been wrong before too.

radha

Don Juan
Reaction score
You do not want to actually date a girl who is a heavy IG user. They are the worst women to date. Women who have a private IG with only their closest friends as followers are dateable and those types of women won't care if you don't have an IG.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had girls claim not having insta or associated socials is a red flag. Chicks wanna scope you out and preselect you. If you have a cool instagram which showcases you then I see it a boon and not a bane

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if you're leading a very exciting lifestyle - like the one I mentioned, or you have a boat in the Atlantic, etc., I can see it working. Most guys don't though. Most guys work 9-5 then hit up the same bars, restaurants, and dives every single weekend. There are only so many times that taking a picture of a beer you got at a brewery or the fish tacos from the dockside bar is interesting before it becomes stale. I have a few buddies who do this every time they are out and post the picture and it looks like a plea for attention (and hard to say it isn't - nor do I think it gets them women).

I think you are in a small minority of guys that use Instagram and actually get tail from it. Hence my position. But I have been wrong before too.
Well if you are constantly doing that then it is time for a lifestyle change in general if you want to get good with girls these days. Think about it, women like exciting guys. Exciting guys do exciting stuff. They are out at different venues and change things up. They are not sitting on their butts watching football at a bar. Post a story of interesting things you see such as playing with your friend's dog, a cool beach you are going to, a nice rooftop bar, a fun party with friends, a cool DJ you are seeing, etc.

Instagram is not useless, your buddies are doing it wrong.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do not want to actually date a girl who is a heavy IG user. They are the worst women to date. Women who have a private IG with only their closest friends as followers are dateable and those types of women won't care if you don't have an IG.
Wishful thinking. 90% of women that are above a 7 on the looks scale are maximizing their IGs. They have a lot of followers and when they travel, promoters are hitting them up.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
I've had girls claim not having insta or associated socials is a red flag. Chicks wanna scope you out and preselect you. If you have a cool instagram which showcases you then I see it a boon and not a bane
So if a guy approaches a woman she will think "oh his handsome, funny, cool, have balls to approach, but since he doesn't have Instagram I won't give him the time of day" yeah ok

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you are constantly doing that then it is time for a lifestyle change in general if you want to get good with girls these days. Think about it, women like exciting guys. Exciting guys do exciting stuff. They are out at different venues and change things up. They are not sitting on their butts watching football at a bar. Post a story of interesting things you see such as playing with your friend's dog, a cool beach you are going to, a nice rooftop bar, a fun party with friends, a cool DJ you are seeing, etc.

Instagram is not useless, your buddies are doing it wrong.
I don't disagree that every man should be doing exciting stuff. But to me, Instagram is just a validation tool. I want to lead an exciting life - but I don't need to post about it every time I do something cool for others to approve and shower me with compliments. I also don't need to post about it to get laid. In fact, I think in a way it destroys mystery.

Maybe you are right and I am an old guy when it comes to this kind of thing. But I have gotten laid a lot without ever having to use any social media at all. And I will keep it that way. To each their own.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So if a guy approaches a woman she will think "oh his handsome, funny, cool, have balls to approach, but since he doesn't have Instagram I won't give him the time of day" yeah ok
I agree. I’m in college and don’t have Instagram. It’s never been a problem. Oftentimes the girl will ask, “you got insta?” and I’ll say “I have a number”. They almost always agree and I get the number. No weirdness whatsoever

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are on a roll lately aren't ya pal?

Yes women like when men have some presence online so they can 'check things out' this is pretty well known and women do it to vet. Does that mean you need it? Nope. If you are good looking and worth showing off does it help? duh.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
You are on a roll lately aren't ya pal?

Yes women like when men have some presence online so they can 'check things out' this is pretty well known and women do it to vet. Does that mean you need it? Nope. If you are good looking and worth showing off does it help? duh.
I like to challenge things. Women say they like bunch of $hit, it doesn't make it true. But if you feel you need insta so the girls doesn't think you're weird? Ok

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t even want to deal with them social media h0es man
As soon as I know the female is a social media junkie,, oh baby your LTR potential got tossed out the window. fvck buddy or plate pick one

girls who are heavy ig users posting every little detail about their lives are unstable af and a cramp to deal with. narcissistic and solipsistic.
I have noticed that these girls have no authenticity or substance to carry a deep conversation. They hollow af. I don’t even feel like pillow talking these b1tches

Months ago my homegirl’s friend asked me if I had an ig “I’m probably one of the 3 last people in the world who never had one”
then again I was sporting my rolex with some $500 shoes and my bimmer parked outside

Status and mystery resonate louder in silence.

years back when I was struggling, carless and on foot I used to pull chicks crossing the border back to Mexico getting to the taxi van.
Swarm of girls crossed back after work on the daily. No ig required then.

old schooler to the bone, meet live, exchange digits, shake dice..etc