Even the Bible warned us, Proverb 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it turn women on when you whine about your childhood and use it as an excuse to be obnoxious to people you have never met? Because that smells like pvssy repellent to me.
I am currently quitting nicotine so I am probably more fractious than usual.

I think not thinking for yourself and believing what you are told is the apex of Beta. You're a follower, not a leader. Cults have always depended on weak minds.

Here, telling a woman you're a Christian is like saying you are a child and you believe in Father Christmas.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you for quitting smoking, or whatever nicotine you use. I quit a long time ago. I bought a pack of menthol mini-cigars and told myself I could have all I wanted if I just smoked those and nothing else. I never made it through the first pack.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humans are pretty simple creatures. We've been telling the same stories since the dawn of time. The meanings are pretty simple.

What's the "message" from the garden of eden story?

Do what you're told, or else.

Imagine an early leader of a small farming community. Everybody's got to bust their arse all day working. So they complain. They say "why do we have to work so hard? Why can't we laze around like the animals?"

So he tells the garden of eden story. What does it do?

We humans had it easy, but we were disobedient, and so we've got to work hard.

What's the deeper meaning?

Do what you're told, or else. It also presupposes that the story teller is somehow connected to the original authority, as ancient leaders were thought to be (King = God),

This is why stories like these have been told and retold for thousands of years. They WORK. They keep the social order, and keep the riff raff from getting uppity.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair guys, you are all good folks and I'm sorry I was dismissive. Believe what you want, I don't have the answers....

...perhaps one day you'll have the last laugh as I am rammed into hell. If so, put in a good word guys....

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you for quitting smoking, or whatever nicotine you use. I quit a long time ago. I bought a pack of menthol mini-cigars and told myself I could have all I wanted if I just smoked those and nothing else. I never made it through the first pack.
I was a heavy, heavy smoker and I feel constantly like I want to kill everyone at the moment, whilst trying to spin plates. Tough times!

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iv'e read hte bible like 5 times cover to cover

if it's not a direct quote from god, or from jesus, i take it wiht a grain of salt. this sin't.
Sorry dude, but some of it is a direct quote from Christ.. esp. books of Matthew, Mark and Luke. Find a Bible in which the words Jesus Christ spoke are printed in Red.
If the apostle Paul can be saved after the damaging words he gave during his life, anyone can. He became one of the Disciples.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading this smoking the **** out of a Newport 100 lol on my patio drinking a scotch

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is proverbs chapter 31(I know my bible)

Proverbs 31 is a teaching that king Solomon is passing on as wisdom other that was once taught to him.

This is roughly 1000 years before Jesus was born so no its not a direct quote. Hell its not even a direct quote from Solomon its third hand knowledge passed on
If its not in red or not from the LORD its useful info but not the word of god

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is proverbs chapter 31(I know my bible)

Proverbs 31 is a teaching that king Solomon is passing on as wisdom other that was once taught to him.

This is roughly 1000 years before Jesus was born so no its not a direct quote. Hell its not even a direct quote from Solomon its third hand knowledge passed on
If its not in red or not from the LORD its useful info but not the word of god
It's useful That's why i posted it.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I'm not a Christian but there are a lot of good versus in the Bible. The OP's #2 is another good one I had not yet seen.

My daughter (14) and I just had a talk about Mary. She is trying to figure her religious beliefs out on her own. I am agnostic and her mother is a Christian. My daughter asked me how Jesus could be the son of God, how the sexual intercourse went down. I said "Jesus is not the son of God, Mary fvcked one or more of the wise men behind Joseph's back". My daughter said "yeah duhh that makes the most sense, i think I will go with that". Who really knows the true answer, I'm only going with what is the most logical to me. Women cheat now, they cheated back then, and they will continue to cheat until the end of Earth.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who really knows the true answer,
Jesus was allegedly crucified in AD 0. The first gospel or the epistles weren't written for 30 years after that. That's sixty years of "word of mouth" between the Virgin Mary story and when pen was put to paper.

I see as more metaphorical, archetype than anything else.

Plus, the idea of a virgin birth isn't original to Christianity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_births

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus was a very wise man and there is wisdom in spades in the bible.....I wonder what Jesus, a man who advocated giving up possessions, helping the weak and living a spiritual life thinks of where Christianity is today, with all those fabulous, wealthy churches? I'm sure that the ability to recite scripture and personal belief in God is far more important than actually following his example....I've never met a Christian who lives this life. I know a lot who go to church and think that's the eternal life bit sorted.....

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus was a very wise man and there is wisdom in spades in the bible.....I wonder what Jesus, a man who advocated giving up possessions, helping the weak and living a spiritual life thinks of where Christianity is today, with all those fabulous, wealthy churches? I'm sure that the ability to recite scripture and personal belief in God is far more important than actually following his example....I've never met a Christian who lives this life. I know a lot who go to church and think that's the eternal life bit sorted.....
Evil infiltrates EVERYTHING. That doesn't mean there isn't good out there.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evil infiltrates EVERYTHING. That doesn't mean there isn't good out there.
So, a good Christian should follow the book,give up the love of money and possesions and forget going to organised church? I doubt that's going to happen as it seems going there is to prevent social shame as much as anything, and those churches need you turning up. Keeps them in business.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, a good Christian should follow the book,give up the love of money and possesions and forget going to organised church? I doubt that's going to happen as it seems going there is to prevent social shame as much as anything, and those churches need you turning up. Keeps them in business.
Jesus never went to church. The church people (pharisees) were his enemies, and they eventually got him killed for rebelling against their authority. If you are alleging that the church is corrupt and hypocritical, Jesus said the exact same thing.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus never went to church. The church people (pharisees) were his enemies, and they eventually got him killed for rebelling against their authority. If you are alleging that the church is corrupt and hypocritical, Jesus said the exact same thing.
Indeed. I don't believe he was the son of God but I do believe Jesus was fundamentally, if accounts are correct, one of the greatest if not the greatest man to have lived. I have studied the bible and christianity more than most christians, as I have with many religions. I'm still off to hell despite behaving far more christian than many christians because I don't accept anything supernatural without convincing proof. I neither agree with banning termination of rape babies, which I see as utterly evil. Jesus couldn't give his view on that.

Also, the bible was selected by the Romans and they banned what I believe to be the more enlightened gnostics as heresy and retained anything with guilt, shame and human imperfection to manipulate society and individuals. Gnosticism shows a very different face of Jesus which the authorities suppressed, and continues to supress.

Last edited:

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't say any of that and not here for an argument or debate. Im good on my faith and dont care to try to persuade or to argue anyone the other way.
One thing ill say is nonbelievers or uneducated put religion and faith into the same category. It isnt. Believing in God and believing in man made religions are not exactly the same.
Sure i go to church but i stopped critiquing every single thing like a damaged woman and just go for myself and my soul. Thats it. No arguing. No worrying about the intricacies. Just for myself to the creator and his son.
Maybe im wrong. Who knows but my soul is pure with honesty and honor to why I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.