Living with mom

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Because if you are over the age of 25 doing it as a MAN, you're a loser.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP is in America, correct?

And with this mentality, we as men wonder why women as a group are passing us up? Just read this quote again folks, being a MAN and having your shyt together doesn't mean anything.....but being a LOSER and staying with your mother means you are being "strategic" :rofl:.

And folks want to keep asking why masculinity is in the state that it's in? It's not women fvcking us up, it's other MEN with this very same mentality.

So the logic here is that housing is high, so be a LOSER and stay with your parents until you turn 33 - 35, using the excuse that it brings you "closer" to your parents lol. As if you can't fvcking setup your own place 10 - 40 miles away and DRIVE back over to see your "family" from time to time.

Guys I'm serious, you want to keep talking about feminism/gynocentrism, but one of the big reasons women are fvcking us over today is because WE AS MEN HAVE FALLEN OFF.

This thread is the perfect example, I'm the only guy (the only GUY) in this thread with some ounce of masculinity telling the OP to stop being a loser and establish his own shyt. There are no other guy saying this shyt lol. That's sad. Masculinity is DEAD.
Bro you need to calm yourself down. From your posts i have read it appears you have some major personal issues and complexes that need to be dealt with or at least realized. You clearly only see things in black an white, and are a very judgemental person on top of it along with strong traits of narcissism and belief you are somehow better then your fellow man. I disagree with most of what you say, I totally GET where you are coming from and why you are saying what you are saying. But I really dont agree with it, and your entire outlook based on your writings seems quite shortsighted.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently 29, still living with my mom simply because I can save a lot of money and I'm happy here.
Do you have a purpose for this? If you're just doing it because you can live off a part time McJob and play lots of video games, then yes you are a loser. If you're doing it for the purpose of outright buying your own property without a mortgage, then I'd encourage you to keep doing it.

I pretty much had no choice but to move out at age 20 because life at my parents' place was miserable. I was broke as fvck, but I was independent and happy. You learn a lot of useful things when you become independent.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to the OP, you are staying at home to save money and look after mom. You can still do both of those things if you move out.

You say you are happy, but still feel limited by living with your mother, especially when it comes to attracting women. That is understandable at the age of thirty.

I pretty much had no choice but to move out at age 20 because life at my parents' place was miserable. I was broke as fvck, but I was independent and happy. You learn a lot of useful things when you become independent.
Agreed with this and my experience is pretty much the same.

It will actually help your mother in her own recovery as well. What's the alternative, you stay there until she dies herself? Sorry to sound harsh, but just a third party perspective for you.

I have persuaded more than one person to move out of their parents' place before and they are infinitely happier. One was there until nearly 40 years old. You can wait around forever for the perfect conditions and you must have saved a tonne by now. If not now, when?

B

BlueAlpha1

Like it or not, there is a stigma about living at home and pushing 30.

Early 20's is not a problem, in fact that's the new normal. But I don't think 27 and 22 are the same thing. You should be trying to get out at this point. Don't talk to me about money, in some small towns in Iowa, Kansas, Ohio and other small markets, you can get a studio for $370 a month. Even in a mid-size market you can get a 2 bedroom starting $800, or around $400 a person. That's some families' CELL PHONE BILLS. It won't be a pretty place, and you'll have a roommate, but a roommate is objectively better than your parents in every way.

A girl won't make a big deal out of a roommate in you're 20's. But your mom is a totally different story.

I feel that by 30, most men should be living entirely on their own. I'm 27 now, and intend for this roommate to be my last.