Why "The Dating Market" Sucks

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
But when does that ever happen?

Most women DO NOT have anything to offer a man as most women date UP not DOWN.
Get your SMV up. Date a point below your own and will find more women with affluent family/connects.

BeChange self-admittantly has enough time to watch TV (a luxury I don't have) and delineate all the scenes of a fictional show but you if get out there in the real world, you'll find there are diverse people to meet other than the fictional, uni-dimensional super heroes with TV experience who you find in the forum.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your SMV up. Date a point below your own and will find more women with affluent family/connects.

BeChange self-admittantly has enough time to watch TV (a luxury I don't have) and delineate all the scenes of a fictional show but you if get out there in the real world, you'll find there are diverse people to meet other than the fictional, uni-dimensional super heroes with TV experience who you find in the forum.
So if I date a point below myself then I what would see have to offer me? I will bring up Brad and Angelina again, what did she have to offer him? I'd say it's fair to say that she is a point below him. Her dad is Jon Voight, but Brad didn't need him.

So even you realize what you are saying doesn't happen.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if I date a point below myself then I what would see have to offer me? I will bring up Brad and Angelina again, what did she have to offer him? I'd say it's fair to say that she is a point below him. Her dad is Jon Voight, but Brad didn't need him.

So even you realize what you are saying doesn't happen.
A point down in PHYSICAL attraction. She can have resources. You should be a bit more worldy.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you don't have time to enjoy entertainment you are doing it wrong. LOL at the deluded belief this should be regarded as some sort of badge of honour.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a challenge for you babe..

Can you list five ways men benefit from being in an exclusive LTR that you can't get with plates or open relationships?

Its about what is SMART for men. Tell me why LTR's are a smart choice for men. Tell me how they elevate a man's life in ways not possible spinning plates or being in an open relationship.

Remember.. anything you list has to be something that cannot be gained with plates or open relationships. Again.. something that cannot be gained with plates or open relationships. One more time: something that cannot be gained with plates or open relationships.

It has to be a benefit you can only get by being 100% exclusive. One more time: 100% EXCLUSIVE. One sexual partner forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever. Tell me why this is SMART. Not why it "feels good" or "looks cool". I want to know why this is SMART.

Keep in mind.. I am trying to help you LTR trumpeters prove YOUR point, because clearly I'm giving all the wrong advice here.
Actually your intent for the purpose of this thread is to lampoon whatever I or anyone else put forth if it isn't in line with your own beliefs. I fundamentally disagree with your premise, which seems to be that exclusivity has no merit for a man under any circumstances.

Here's the problem. In my bolded sentence above there are two words that are entirely subjective: merit, and circumstances. Nowhere have I ever said all men should aspire to marriage, or all men should choose a LTR. However your position is that NO men should aspire to marriage or LTR, so yours is an argument of absolutes. It is folly to argue subjective matters in an empirical way. Life and relationships are more nuanced than that. So I'm not engaging the straw man angle you have set up.

Men should do whatever they find individually to be in their own best interest taking into account all the variables and specifics at play in their own present circumstance. I do this as well. I myself seriously doubt I would ever marry again because A.) I am done with the babies phase of life, and B.) Like many of the men here I must always have an eye toward asset protection (since my assets have to put children through college soon and then support me later in life.) Women are not the only charletons running around.

I think you give a great deal of spot on advice for guys who are looking for the same thing you are looking for. Furthermore I think you give good advice for men who are struggling with the disillusionment of the nice guy/blue pill/beta (whatever you want to call it) and working to grasp the concept that men must lead, men must do whatever is in their best interest, and pursue a life that benefits them. We are actually on the same page there. I agree that weakness among men is a REAL problem in society. But I am myself a red pill woman. As such I look for these same attributes you espouse because it is so much better to be the feminine compliment to a masculine man. My assertion and the assertion of others here is that there are circumstances under which LTR or even marriage do have merit.

You are simply going to discount whatever reasons are given so it doesn't matter what I or anyone else say. If you have further questions read this post again. Maybe it will make sense in 20 years, perhaps sooner.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@TheFixer14 and @BeTheChange you can find my story here on SS if you are curious about me in particular. It's around. I'm not going to take up this thread going over it again.

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't have time to enjoy entertainment you are doing it wrong. LOL at the deluded belief this should be regarded as some sort of badge of honour.
If you are spending your time watching TV or with worthless wh0res instead of making money/increasing power (or any other activity where you are self-improving), then you are an idiot.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are spending your time watching TV or with worthless wh0res instead of making money/increasing power (or any other activity where you are self-improving), then you are an idiot.
There isn't anything wrong with watching TV LOL.

It's called free time. Personally, I don't watch tv a lot nowadays. I do still watch anime, but only on the bus. I try to watch a movie or two a week. But I do read a manga every night before I crash. Am I an idiot?

What about people who play video games? A ton of people spend way more time doing that than watching TV. You better believe that when Better Call Saul, Silicon Valley, and Veep (a show that I was on), come back on I will be watching.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Actually your intent for the purpose of this thread is to lampoon whatever I or anyone else put forth if it isn't in line with your own beliefs. I fundamentally disagree with your premise, which seems to be that exclusivity has no merit for a man under any circumstances.

Here's the problem. In my bolded sentence above there are two words that are entirely subjective: merit, and circumstances. Nowhere have I ever said all men should aspire to marriage, or all men should choose a LTR. However your position is that NO men should aspire to marriage or LTR, so yours is an argument of absolutes. It is folly to argue subjective matters in an empirical way. Life and relationships are more nuanced than that. So I'm not engaging the straw man angle you have set up.
I'm that scary huh?

Total cop-out. Good arguments speak for themselves. Who cares if I "lampoon" you? Lampoon me all you want and I'll still find a way to prove my point. So if you're running away from an argument its because you have no argument.

ALSO.. lets clear something up. I never said NO man should aspire to marriage or LTR. I just said there is no logical reason for regular men to be exclusive with ONE woman. If you become a politician or some other career in the public eye.. then it might make logical sense there. See? Even I can come up with reasons.

What annoys me about LTR betas and women is they try to make it virtue. Its not a virtue.

Men should do whatever they find individually to be in their own best interest taking into account all the variables and specifics at play in their own present circumstance. I do this as well. I myself seriously doubt I would ever marry again because A.) I am done with the babies phase of life, and B.) Like many of the men here I must always have an eye toward asset protection (since my assets have to put children through college soon and then support me later in life.) Women are not the only charletons running around.
For women, marriage is almost always a financial decision. This is why women marry UP.

Women chase male love for the sake of resources, security and control.. but have no interest in actually being "in love" with a man. Women don't benefit from being "in love". Neither do men. However, society trains men to be disposable and self-sacrificing. Truth be told.. this is necessary. The world would fall apart without stupid men. But I would hope any man that finds SoSuave is above all that. Maybe not.

I think you give a great deal of spot on advice for guys who are looking for the same thing you are looking for. Furthermore I think you give good advice for men who are struggling with the disillusionment of the nice guy/blue pill/beta (whatever you want to call it) and working to grasp the concept that men must lead, men must do whatever is in their best interest, and pursue a life that benefits them. We are actually on the same page there. I agree that weakness among men is a REAL problem in society. But I am myself a red pill woman. As such I look for these same attributes you espouse because it is so much better to be the feminine compliment to a masculine man. My assertion and the assertion of others here is that there are circumstances under which LTR or even marriage do have merit.
Indeed.

But we are not talking about "merit" we are taking about logic. Merit includes "this feels good".

Something "feeling good" CAN be a good reason to do something. Its why I have sex. Its why I eat great food. It feels good. There is no "logical" reason to have sex if you don't want kids. However, sex doesn't "take" anything away from a man if he is smart about it. So you can argue the benefits make it worth the "good feeling".

LTR promoters should just cut the crap and admit they make the decision for emotional reasons and not logical ones. They don't want to admit it.

You are simply going to discount whatever reasons are given so it doesn't matter what I or anyone else say. If you have further questions read this post again. Maybe it will make sense in 20 years, perhaps sooner.
Oh cry more.

Anyone who runs away from an argument has no argument.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
So you never take a vacation or relax?

I'm all about money and power too.. BUT I'm going to enjoy my life in the process. I'm going to have sex. I'm going to relax and watch TV. I'm going to spend time with friends. I'm going to have FUN.

Let me ask you this l_e_g_e_n_d. How are you making money/increasing power by posting on SoSuave?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Poon King read post 161 again. What I have to say is similar to what @Atom Smasher is talking about in @Tenacity 's thread. At least you can hear it from him. Perfectly fine.

That is why it may take you more life experience to understand.

That is why my handle is Be Excellent.

That is what we all should do in our own lives.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
@Poon King read post 161 again. What I have to say is similar to what @Atom Smasher is talking about in @Tenacity 's thread. At least you can hear it from him. Perfectly fine.

That is why it may take you more life experience to understand.

That is why my handle is Be Excellent.

That is what we all should do in our own lives.
I understand perfectly fine.

Would you ever tell someone.. "It will take you more life experience to understand how an automatic transmission works".. OR "You might need more life experience before you understand how cows become cheeseburgers."

If you need "life experience" for it to make SENSE then its an emotional argument.

Just admit it.

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Let me ask you this l_e_g_e_n_d. How are you making money/increasing power by posting on SoSuave?
l_e_g_e_n_d said:
See bold. Yes, I self-improve on this site by delineating/challenging my thoughts. You, my friend, who challenges my ideas are improving me. And I'm improving you. Quid pro quo.

l_e_g_e_n_d said:
So you never take a vacation or relax?
The older I get, the greater every act I take has a specific motive.

If I vacation these days, it is with a business associate/partner/client/girl whom I'm building/consciously trying to build a stronger connection with (as they offer value).

Poon King said:
I'm all about money and power too.. BUT I'm going to enjoy my life in the process. I'm going to have sex. I'm going to relax and watch TV. I'm going to spend time with friends. I'm going to have FUN.
I enjoy life while I am improving.

I don't enjoy life while I'm not improving.

We're not robots, I get it, but take a sheet of paper out, and write down every act you undertake on a weekly basis. Calculate the time of the acts with which you are not improving (don't include acts that are antecedent to an act of improvement, i.e. transportation, grooming, getting ready). Annualize those hours. How many hours do you get? These are hours of unproductive use. Last year, I had less than 150 hours of unproductive use. This is down from from an average of over one thousand hours five years ago.

I focus my down time on activities where I gain improvement. Not watching fiction shows (though you can be reading non-fiction books and learning), not video games (though I once spent time pitching a video-game to a developer), not worthless wh0res (though I try to spend time with women where I find value), not drinking a beer with a friend who offers no (or is unreceptive to getting) value, not bantering with idiots (unless while bantering I am getting or giving value).

When you become aware that YOUR time matters, you choose differently, and raise the bar only toward people who are worthy of your time. This is a necessary step toward becoming a quality man of power, means, and influence.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, almost all of what you said is a fantasy. I'd like to believe all of this. But it isn't reality.
So why not create a better reality? I think the major reason for all the over-analysis in threads like this is a misconceived notion of Reality... no, the very idea it could somehow be conceptualized in the first place.

The whole point of life is not to represent Reality to yourself [which will be just a rational/ fictional projection] but to create and live out your own utilizing all the instincts that are at your disposal.

So life can not be reduced to politics... however conceived. That would be impoverishment..... there is no wealth but Life itself [Ruskin]. However outwardly powerful one may become can say nothing about whether one is inwardly delusional. Though what was that old saying about power....

Last edited:

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
I believe Tomassi has written at length about this. He calls it "building better betas".

Which is what I think a lot of advice here boils down to. Get "muscles, money, status", and then stand around looking shiny until a woman finds a use for you.

Then, when a woman actually has interest, she is the "quality unicorn". That is, until she loses interest, then she goes back to being "99%trash", and the guy starts the cycle again.

"The universe will show you the quality woman when the time is right". A passive way of living your life.

We might as well start wearing make-up and reading our horoscopes.

Spin plates and get a clue.
This post is pure gold. Couldn't of said it better myself.

Men who get exclusive just don't want to admit they do it for comfort (which is a lazy and emotional reason). The comfort comes in the form of:
  • Social approval
  • Validation from women
  • Family approval
  • Less need to lead their own lives
  • Less need to think about their choices
  • Less need to engage in critical thinking
Society is already structured in a way to keep men serving women at all costs. Why do you think MEN are blamed when a relationship fails? Why do you think men are attacked when they stay single too long? Why are men looked down on when they put themselves first.. such as not protecting a female in a dangerous situation? Even when you reject a woman sexually (which I have done) you get attacked or questioned by both women and men.. are you gay???

The purpose of these social cues is to keep men as the "expendable gender" serving women at all times. Women get to make men feel "guilty". With this "guilt" the man will build his own prison. He will volunteerily limit himself and blindly follow rules that don't benefit him. He will say things like: "I don't want to mess up my LTR by f*cking this other much hotter woman". Like a stupid domesticated dog. Lazy and totally unaware of his own power. Obviously its easier to be your owner's b!tch and get fed every day than to be free and hunt for yourself.

This is the fundamental reason women laugh at men. Woman lure and seduce men with sex, praise, emotional blackmail, and all the trappings that men fall for. The man thinks he is in control and he found his great "unicorn" whom he can trust. BUT in reality, he has little say in his relationship with her. He is being a "good boy" to keep her happy and he thinks this is a virtue. He thinks this is a "worthy" cause for his time and energy. Idiotic.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. I just disagreed with it.
My point was that men should not drop out of society and let women amass all the power and the wealth. You disagree with that?
I think it's an epistemological issue, thinking you could possibly know for sure that you found the unicorn.
You can't be sure, that's why it's a bad idea for most men to get married. People change over time.