Sausage Fests: Why You Can't Avoid 'Em

elvis_p

Don Juan
Reaction score
...and why it doesn't matter.

I have transitioned away from cold approaching and instead have been going to a bunch of parties and social events where singles can meet. The parties are much more fun and relaxed than bar/club cold approaching BUT I've noticed:

1. there is almost always a gender imbalance; men usually outnumber female attendees 2 to 1, if not more.

2. the single gals at these events are not the hottest, typically maxing out at a '7' with an occasional '8' now and again. Most are just average looking.

3. most of the gals are a bit older, 30+ is the norm.

4. the girls screen very hard: they are often rude, hostile, condescending, or just flat-out insulting to nearly every guy they meet at these events, and they can get away with it.

Why are these average often ugly women, able to get away with such terrible behavior? Why do men put up with it?

Very simply put, it's the sexual marketplace. Men want sex more than women, and are willing to "work" in order to get it. This means going out more, paying, putting up with bad behavior, etc.

Second, women are waiting longer and longer to get married or have "relationships." They'll drag these things out indef. over text message, facebook, or through occasional contacts through these parties.

Third, most guys get nothing out of these parties from what I can tell except a case of blue balls for prolonged periods of time.

---

So, here are some tips for distinguishing yourself.

1. tall guys and good looking guys almost always have an advantage

2. aggressive guys who are less selective are more likely to get laid

3. the 'leader' of these events can have a slight advantage.

4. walk away immediately from insulting, rude girls. You can insult them back, but I think it looks petty.

5. don't assume you will see these girls again. A facebook request is a safe, conservative way of staying in contact, but a personal number is always better.

6. create as many social circles as possible, while still continuing to cold approach. Neither approach is better or worse, just different.

Anyway, just thought I'd put a few tips out there. :)

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
there is male over population right now so for every 1 woman looking for sex there are usually at least 5 or 6 males looking for sex and that is what gives women the power to be *****es even when they are ugly

THE SOLUTION???

Well its harder now for all men but as usual the better looking you are or richer or popular the better you lay rate will be. just get as many numbers as you can and run strong game to try and turn them into Fs very few men have a better than 10% conversion rate so you will have to work had most of the time..

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The imbalance of men to women in a setting should not matter at all. What does is game.. And most men DO NOT have it.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex DeLarge said:
The imbalance of men to women in a setting should not matter at all. What does is game.. And most men DO NOT have it.
It sucks, but you are right, most semi attractive women have their stash of orbiters/prospects already lined up, they aren't receptive to new ones unless the guy really stands out from the crowd, ie he is a better option than anyone she currently has on call.

It is a scenario in which both parties could things do make it easier on each other, most women should be more receptive to meeting new people, while most men need to be better at standing out from the crowd in a positive way.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex DeLarge said:
It shouldn't matter but it does...I've gotten more numbers and dates with girls in a class where there were overwhelmingly more girls.

Likewise in some of my engineering classes where guys outnumber girls by a lot, you're going to find it harder to game a girl when a lot of guys are gaming the same girls.

Every person is on the sexual marketplace, whether they know it or not. So if you go to a party with lots of guys and a little bit of girls, the girls are going to have a larger pool to pick from, and therefore be more picky about it as well.

There are actually many articles about this phenomenon occuring in China, on how the overpopulation of guys combined with girls being able to get slightly better jobs are able to be very picky about the guys they get, and reject a lot more.

Yes game can equalize this a little bit, but its better to have 2 advantages and go somewhere where the ratios are a bit more equal or in your favor.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like the obvious answer is to go to things where women outnumber men.

I went to a cardio kickboxing class where there were about 30 women and 2 men. Take a dance class at a college and it's usually twice as many girls as guys.

The key is, women don't go to mixers or events where the goal is to meet people. They don't have to.

johndoe

Reaction score
i am a tall and skinny handsome male. it actually sometimes gets
annoying to deal with girls always coming up to you and saying
oh my friend wants to have sex with you when shes a gerenade
happens all the time when i go out. i actually feel sometimes that
i have to dress down to get less noticed lol.

i realized so many guys hate me because of my looks which
is unfair because when i go for a chick at a bar or club i have
guys hating on me but i dont care at all just annoying

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
People who say "only game matters" aren't being realistic.

Logistics are hugely important, so much of pulling requires things aligning in your favor to allow game to work.

Sausage fests cause problems because the other males affect the state of the women. Women have a hard time getting into state if they are constantly batting away over aggressive, desperate guys. Assuming the girls show up.

What you have to do these days is seek out the 'meat markets pretending not to be meat markets'. What I mean is, girls still go out to events looking for guys, but not necessarily clubs(especially) and bars as much. When you see weird postings for "paper airplane racing" or crap like that, it's often a honeypot in disguise. Check those things out. Read your local newspaper/magazine like the LA Weekly, etc. Those announcements are the events you want to show up to.

When I get back from my trip, I'm going to drop a grip of **** from the summer.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sausage fests suck when it comes to meeting women, But I used to attend metal shows, so clubs and regular bars are much improvement when it comes ot meeting women, sure sometimes the ratio might be one chick for every five dudes, but better than metal shows which is one fat chick for every fifty dudes. and one maybe 2-3 decent looking women throughout the whole venue. So maybe my point of view is a bit different.

Being tall defiantly helps!

And game helps too, but height and looks matter more than what the pickup community likes to admit.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These days, EVERYWHERE I go is a sausagefest. Every single time I leave the house I'm surrounded by guys. Where the **** are all the women?

elvis_p

Don Juan
Reaction score
If they're attractive, they usually don't have to. They're in a relationship with a devoted boyfriend by late teens. And I do mean devoted.

It's the shy ones and less than hot girls who struggle more. At a certain age, they start to get anxious, even panic. That's when their passive aggressive behavior kicks in, anger at men, frustration, etc.

That's why I suggest mixing up these social events with cold approaching and hobbies. I don't think it makes sense to rely on one.

Maxtro said:
Seems like the obvious answer is to go to things where women outnumber men.

I went to a cardio kickboxing class where there were about 30 women and 2 men. Take a dance class at a college and it's usually twice as many girls as guys.

The key is, women don't go to mixers or events where the goal is to meet people. They don't have to.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In New York city there are more women than men, in Southern California it's the opposite. Where I live there are about 115 eligible men for every 100 eligible women. Doesn't sound like a huge difference but it is, it's huge.

elvis_p

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as the "men" attending these social mixers:

1. super nerdy. Often stuck in front of a computer 8-12-14 hours a day.

2. super needy. If a girl gives ANY sign of interest, he will literally follow her around and display the loyalty and attentiveness of a puppy dog.

3. no fashion sense. Often overweight due to a lack of exercise.

So, a room of nerdy guys and average looking, older girls.

The pretty girls rarely attend more than an event or two, and that's if they are fairly desperate to begin with.

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
err i dont fully agree, there is not a 2:1 ratio of guys to girls
actually the official census says in the world its 51% females to 49% males so that means more women walk this planet

HOWEVER

guys tend to go out more than girls and in bigger groups(like take 4 of their bros with them, while girls just mostly go out in pairs)

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta say that we all want decent looking women who are not complete crazy or feminist - this in return makes the pool of attractive women in proper age (not too young or old) more like 30% to begin with. Then you start looking at all the obvious character faults she may have and this pool gets even smaller! More like 15-20%. Then look at the number of guys who do well in life partly due to the fact that age makes us better, wiser, richer - we tend to get our sh!t together to receive what? - pusssy off course. It is a big f$$king pool of decent or great guys out there to chose from, and these men are all on the market! In reality the woman to guy ratio is more like 1 : 2, it's 2 or more dudes after one "marketable" woman. If you don't stand out you are pretty much out of luck. Here in Vancouver there are no single reasonably attractive women ( not fat, no lazy eye, not a feminist). If there is one it is because she is on a rebound or bat crazy!

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its amazing how the locale affects womens attitude when you go out and meet them. One set of venues is mostly guys, so the women are uglier and sport a bad attitude some of the times. Another one ( college town) has more girls than guys, so on a given night one can talk to a half a dozen cool chicks and walk away with 2 to 3 phone numbers. Up the overall numbers and quality of women and go to a place like boston....even a chimp could get a few phone numbers from decent women there.

We talk about status/game and all that junk, but I think a large part of getting women is environment. This thread touches upon that. Sausagefests seem like they are more and more common for gatherings and venues though. I can't pretend to know the secret to pulling the few girls there, but I have a few times. The tips mentioned in the first post are pretty spot on:

- Differentiate yourself
- Get numbers
- CHANGE VENUES

A businessman doesn't stick around a bad deal. Move on. See what you can get, but have something else lined up. Go where the business is.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are just going to the wrong venues. If you want girls, go to venues that GIRLS go to.

Go to gay bars, yoga classes, Latin dances, and art gallerys for good ratios.

None of this "sports bar" horse sh*t.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
#4 tips

what about just laugh at her face....loud, while/before walking away?

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Lol what? If I did that I'd be more worried of coming off as a pole smoker that gets introduced to her male friend El Queero. Seems kind of counter productive.

However the yoga classes and art galleries seem pretty solid.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
You guys are just going to the wrong venues. If you want girls, go to venues that GIRLS go to.

None of this "sports bar" horse sh*t.
Horrible advice.

More girls nowadays aren't worried about the club/party scene like the guys are. If you want to find girls you need to cold approach during the day. You can't just rely on parties to find girls. If so then you are in big trouble.

It also depends on what region your in too. Places like Los Angeles and Atlanta are full of girls.