//The Chronicles of BPH\\

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/25/11

Alright so I just got back from my dance and I'm going to start by saying my legs feel like rubberbands...

The guy that got me into the dance, Dan, is a cool dude despite telling me he wasn't too great with girls over the phone, I made friends with a couple of his buds and some old friends from middle school. It was slightly below my expectations, a lot more hot girls than in my school but not as many as I was expecting...Dan told me the attendance was low.

Going by the numbers I did rather well:

~15 or so approaches
~7 or 8 rejections
~7or 8 grinding sessions
2 attempts for phone numbers
1 success
1 makeout with the chick I succeeded with

Despite this, I was a bit uptight and not really in the right state of mind. For examples, I was asking chicks if they wanted to dance more often than I just went up and starting pressing myself against them. I felt a bit out of my comfort zone and was disappointed that the really gorgeous girls had a boyfriend or another guy almost all the time. Either way I AM satisfied with the girl I ended up with...

HB Lexie, cute blonde with a valuptuous body. Nice rack, juicy butt, and even though her clothes were somewhat conservative I still got the most action out of her when we were grinding. I tried to do the hair trick to test her for a kiss (which was way after she gave me her number from an earlier dance) twice and she didn't get the hint. So I just said "don't you wanna kiss?" and she obviously said yes ;)

So I'm sitting here with her number, I think I'll text her tomorrow and see if she wants to come bowl or something. I don't know what "rules" apply to getting a girl's number then hitting her up, but I think a solid night should do...

In other news...

My haircut got some great reactions. A lot of people liked it, although some of these people admitted they also liked how my hair looked long. The funniest reactions were from people who literally thought I was a new student.

I didn't want to quit volleyball today because I didn't know my head coach was still away, and didn't feel it would be appropriate to tell this news to my JV coach...so I simply skipped practice. I'll quit Monday when I see him in the morning, as painful as it'll be. But hey, it's like tearing off a band-aid.

I'll post pictures of my haircut when I have the free time and after I take a shot of how it looks with the dry wax in. But in order to get the full effect you would have to see a picture of how my hair looked BEFORE the haircut.

PS: @NorwegianDJ, DJ Hero, amohield

Thanks for giving me your consistent opinions guys, hoping you'll have your two cents on how I did tonight. I'll talk to you all later, I need to play some XBox and just chill for a bit. Peace and goodnight!

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/25/11

Alright so I just got back from my dance and I'm going to start by saying my legs feel like rubberbands...

The guy that got me into the dance, Dan, is a cool dude despite telling me he wasn't too great with girls over the phone, I made friends with a couple of his buds and some old friends from middle school. It was slightly below my expectations, a lot more hot girls than in my school but not as many as I was expecting...Dan told me the attendance was low. It was in a large gym and only about 1/3 of it was being "occupied".

Going by the numbers I did rather well:

~15 or so approaches
~7 or 8 rejections
~7or 8 grinding sessions
2 attempts for phone numbers
1 success
1 makeout with the chick I succeeded with

Not the greatest but I think it's satisfactory, having been completely out of my comfort zone as far as location.

Despite this, I was a bit uptight and not really in the right state of mind. For examples, I was asking chicks if they wanted to dance more often than I just went up and starting pressing myself against them. I felt a bit out of my comfort zone and was disappointed that the really gorgeous girls had a boyfriend or another guy almost all the time. For this reason I tended to gravitate toward Dan when I couldn't find a girl to dance with, knowing that if I just stayed there against the wall I would look like frustrated tool...I tried to take Pook's idea of just thinking "Ooh La La!" but either either my energy level was too low and serious or I picked bland targets. Either way I AM satisfied with the girl I ended up with...

HB Lexie, cute blonde with a valuptuous body. Nice rack, juicy butt, and even though her clothes were somewhat conservative I still got the most action out of her when we were grinding. She was most receptive when I my hands started to wander over her body. I tried to do the hair trick to test her for a kiss (which was way after she gave me her number from an earlier dance) twice and she didn't get the hint. So I just said "don't you wanna kiss?" and she obviously said yes ;) After the first kiss she and I sorta slow danced in place which was a bit awkward but I pulled her body right onto mine and we kissed on and off. I wouldn't call it a full-blown makeout but it was much more than a peck or two on the lips.

So I'm sitting here with her number, I think I'll text her tomorrow and see if she wants to come bowl or something. I don't know what "rules" apply to getting a girl's number then hitting her up, but I think a solid night should do...

Should I text her number or should I call her? Does it matter?

Lastly, I'd like to describe some of the rejections I received. Some of them were real funny. I find that I don't so much fear rejection but I am annoyed that the girls I want to go for at this dance were all taken already.

1. I tried to peel this girl from a grind line, she asked me "what grade are you in?", so I told her I was a junior and she just said "oh never mind"

2. There was a girl I approached asking if she wanted to come in and dance since she was just chilling outside near the drink bar, she told me "later". I found her on the dancefloor later that night when I was talking to Dan and his friends. I was wondering whether or not I should approach her since it sounded like a rejection earlier, so I just said f*** it and walked over. She started heading out of the gym so I put my arm out to stop her and she just kept walking through me. Dan and I started cracking up!

3. There was a girl I tried to dance with earlier that night, cute little thing, but she told me she had a boyfriend so I just went to my next target. Later I saw her sitting at the bar with her boyfriend, seemed kinda chumpy but who am I to judge. Anyway later she just comes up and starts grinding on me for like 2 songs...

I can't help thinking that I should have asked her for her number, if she's coming to me despite having a boyfriend that's there with her...

4. There was a chick that was eyeing me at the drink bar when I was talking to my friends. I went out to the dancefloor and found her and offered to bring her out to dance (yes I know, AFCish). She was real hot, but she also claimed to have a boyfriend...Such a shame, she seemed real into me before that statement, wanted to have a dance and get her number.

5. There was a girl HB Catelyn that danced with me for a bit, amazing grind really. Anyway when I was leaving I found her, she was leaving too. I gave her a hug and said "thanks for the dance" (yes also AFCish) and after walking to my car car she was still trailing me so I turned and asked for her number. She said "sorry but I really have to go" so I'm just like "ahh a rejection! WOO!" and walk to my car to leave.

In other news...

My haircut got some great reactions. A lot of people liked it, although some of these people admitted they also liked how my hair looked long. The funniest reactions were from people who literally thought I was a new student.

I didn't want to quit volleyball today because I didn't know my head coach was still away, and didn't feel it would be appropriate to tell this news to my JV coach...so I simply skipped practice. I'll quit Monday when I see him in the morning, as painful as it'll be. But hey, it's like tearing off a band-aid.

I'll post pictures of my haircut when I have the free time and after I take a shot of how it looks with the dry wax in. But in order to get the full effect you would have to see a picture of how my hair looked BEFORE the haircut.

PS: @NorwegianDJ, DJ Hero, amohield

Thanks for giving me your consistent opinions guys, hoping you'll have your two cents on how I did tonight. I'll talk to you all later, I need to play some XBox and just chill for a bit. Peace and goodnight!

EDITED quite a bit, reread.

Last edited:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its hard to give advice when you dont provide enough details. Like look at my FRs, I give rediculous amounts of details (I think). You gotta give more details on the interactions and so forth.
Seems like you did alright.
When you text isn't so important.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its hard to give advice when you dont provide enough details.
I'm just trying to avoid writing huge walls of text.

What details do you mean?

EDIT: Take a look now

ALSO EDIT: I hit her up today, I don't think it's going too well...there's a thread about on the Don Juan Discussion if you guys could lend your thoughts

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/26/11

In the words of Pook: "Enter unhappiness"

I am extremely dissatisfied with how my day went today...

It was one of the most boring, uneventful days of my life, and I can't stand this anymore! I want to be that guy that goes to parties every other weekend, the guy that hooks up with the gorgeous girls and makes friends with the fun guys, the guy that is the MVP on the football team, the model with a rock-hard body, and the MAN that is respected by everybody!

Let's see what made today a piece of s***:

1. It was very cold out, thus no jog
2. No workout scheduled for today
3. No homework to do as a result of the marking period being over
4. Not hearing about my friends doing anything interesting or fun
5. The girl I closed last night isn't giving me very good signs

The worst part of all this is the fact that they are ALL self-limiting factors created by myself that only serve to bind me to this seat behind my computer screen.

I feel like I'm experiencing a period of regression that is putting me deeper into AFCdom than it is to the Nirvana of Don Juanism. I now desire nothing more than to be in a constant state of flux, never ceasing to improve upon who I already am...

My only issue with the above statement is the fact that most of my goals are tangible, they are external. I can fix my outer self to my heart's content, but it won't matter if I am still a chump or insecure in my mind. I need to polish my "inner game" and I do not hold the solution to this problem as of now...I do not know how to approach it.

A good deal of what I'm writing likely extends from my readings of Pook's book. It is extremely engrossing and I feel that it is giving me a greater outline on all aspects of life and intimacy. However, when it comes to its end (in about 12 pages) I feel that his teachings will be lost on me, as I do not know how to properly APPLY what I learned through him.

I am not afraid of failure with women, all I want is a single success that drives me to succeed again and again. This yearning alone may be a sign of desperation, something I must also change. I just want a taste of what I'm missing out on.

This is one of my more intellectual posts, so apologies if it takes you forever to read it. But if you did read it, tell me how I would come to terms with myself.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
3/26/11
The worst part of all this is the fact that they are ALL self-limiting factors created by myself that only serve to bind me to this seat behind my computer screen.

I feel like I'm experiencing a period of regression that is putting me deeper into AFCdom than it is to the Nirvana of Don Juanism. I now desire nothing more than to be in a constant state of flux, never ceasing to improve upon who I already am...

My only issue with the above statement is the fact that most of my goals are tangible, they are external. I can fix my outer self to my heart's content, but it won't matter if I am still a chump or insecure in my mind. I need to polish my "inner game" and I do not hold the solution to this problem as of now...I do not know how to approach it.
Its good that you recognize that they are only self-made factors. You can still improve yourself while being home. You can do a search for something that interests you and learn about it, you can write down some goals and a process on how to get there, read a book, and so on.

We all experience ups and downs, no matter how "succesfull" you are. The line of improvement is not linear. I was happier back in december-january than I am now, but Im getting a feeling that its gonna change.

You basicly need reference experiences. "Why can I do this?" -Because you've done it then, then and then, and I did this, this and this.
The more reference experiences, the more sure you will be in your actions. The hard thing is to get that first reference experience. Realize that confidence does not come before action.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its good that you recognize that they are only self-made factors. You can still improve yourself while being home. You can do a search for something that interests you and learn about it, you can write down some goals and a process on how to get there, read a book, and so on.

We all experience ups and downs, no matter how "succesfull" you are. The line of improvement is not linear. I was happier back in december-january than I am now, but Im getting a feeling that its gonna change.

You basicly need reference experiences. "Why can I do this?" -Because you've done it then, then and then, and I did this, this and this.
The more reference experiences, the more sure you will be in your actions. The hard thing is to get that first reference experience. Realize that confidence does not come before action.
Are you saying that I should look at my past experiences and look at them to understand what I did right and wrong?

That's fine and all, but I'm looking to improve beyond women

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Are you saying that I should look at my past experiences and look at them to understand what I did right and wrong?

That's fine and all, but I'm looking to improve beyond women
No you need to get new experiences, you're not defined by your past.
Applies to everything in general.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/27/11

Another boring day, still trying to figure out HOW I improve myself rather than WHAT I want to improve on...

The only thing really worth posting is my second SS workout, first involving power cleans:

3x5x135 Bench
3x5x165 Squat
5x3x95 Power clean (coulda done 20 more lbs but my dad messed up my wrist)

I'm going to have to force myself to quit volleyball tomorrow when I see my coach. I realize that I may be labeled a quitter and shunned by some teammates. I assume that what I'm doing is still the right thing as it's something that makes me happiER than volleyball. Still, it's gonna suck...

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/28/11

So I quit volleyball today...

It wasn't the prettiest thing. Coach thought it was very selfish of me to leave the team to pursue weighlifting when I could weightlift in the summer. Told me that I wouldn't get another opportunity to play this sport before college. However, I stayed the course, and he told me not to change my mind...and upon walking out of his class to return my jersey, told me I had a nice haircut

It was like ripping off a band-aid. I have kids from the team coming up to me that already found out I quit, asking me why I did it when I explain my weightlifting goals...

Aside from that, my day was fine:

I went to Kohl's and picked up some shorts for summer and 2 tees.

The other highlight of my day was when I was having dinner with my family...

There was a gorgeous blonde that walked in while I was eating, and I mean gorgeous. I have no idea how old she was, definately college or older. Anway after I was done my meal I was debating out loud with my family about going over to her. They tried to dissuade me by saying that she was with her family and that I wouldn't do something that stupid...

So I went over to her and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Excuse me, what is your name?
Woman1: Why do you need to know her name?
Me: Oh I'm just curious.
Woman1: No, why do you need to know her name?
Me: Because I saw her walk in when I was eating and just wanted to come over to tell her that she's gorgeous.
Woman2: That's really tacky, you know that? Haha but she is gorgeous. Do you work here?
Me: No, I was just here having dinner with my family.
Woman1: Well her name's HB Julia.
Me: HB Julia? Hi my name's BPH *reaches over and shakes her hand*
HB: *smiles and shakes my hand, kind of shy* Hi
Me: Alright well I gotta go, it was nice meeting you.
EXIT

I think this was a good experience...though not quite sure why other than the fact that it got me out of my comfort zone. My family was cute, applauding me as I exited the restuarant LOL

So this was my day, leave your thoughts, goodnight everybody :)

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/28/11

So I quit volleyball today...

It wasn't the prettiest thing. Coach thought it was very selfish of me to leave the team to pursue weighlifting when I could weightlift in the summer. Told me that I wouldn't get another opportunity to play this sport before college. However, I stayed the course, and he told me not to change my mind...and upon walking out of his class to return my jersey, told me I had a nice haircut

It was like ripping off a band-aid. I have kids from the team coming up to me that already found out I quit, asking me why I did it when I explain my weightlifting goals...

Aside from that, my day was fine:

I went to Kohl's and picked up some shorts for summer and 2 tees.

The other highlight of my day was when I was having dinner with my family...

There was a gorgeous blonde that walked in while I was eating, and I mean gorgeous. I have no idea how old she was, definately college or older. Anway after I was done my meal I was debating out loud with my family about going over to her. They tried to dissuade me by saying that she was with her family and that I wouldn't do something that stupid...

So I went over to her and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Excuse me, what is your name?
Woman1: Why do you need to know her name?
Me: Oh I'm just curious.
Woman1: No, why do you need to know her name?
Me: Because I saw her walk in when I was eating and just wanted to come over to tell her that she's gorgeous.
Woman2: That's really tacky, you know that? Haha but she is gorgeous. Do you work here?
Me: No, I was just here having dinner with my family.
Woman1: Well her name's HB Julia.
Me: HB Julia? Hi my name's BPH *reaches over and shakes her hand*
HB: *smiles and shakes my hand, kind of shy* Hi
Me: Alright well I gotta go, it was nice meeting you.
EXIT

I think this was a good experience...though not quite sure why other than the fact that it got me out of my comfort zone. My family was cute, applauding me as I exited the restuarant LOL

So this was my day, leave your thoughts, goodnight everybody :)

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why can't you fit volleyball and weight lifting into your schedule?

Practice might take two hours, then working out takes about an hour.
Starting Strength takes longer than an hour. But anyway the reason I quit is because practice would leave me tired before I even started to workout. Not to mention the school has a free open weight room and I don't have a barbell or squat rack otherwise and would have to pay a gym membership.

I'm on varsity but I'm not starting currently, so I might as well spend my time on something I find to be worthwhile.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Starting Strength takes longer than an hour. But anyway the reason I quit is because practice would leave me tired before I even started to workout. Not to mention the school has a free open weight room and I don't have a barbell or squat rack otherwise and would have to pay a gym membership.

I'm on varsity but I'm not starting currently, so I might as well spend my time on something I find to be worthwhile.
SS actually shouldn't take much longer than 45 minutes. Although I admit I spend 60-75 minutes on it including accessory work.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/29/11

Alright so not way too much happened today. Still having some of my teammates chime in about me quitting the team. Not happy with the outcome yet, but I believe I made the right choice.

As far as SS:

3x5x145 Bench
3x5x175 Squat (I don't feel like I'm squatting low enough due to the immense weight)
1x5x135 Deadlift

Had a staggering 125grams of protein today...2 protein bars, a protein shake, a salmon fillet, and protein plus cereal earlier this morning. It's not 165 but it's pretty damn close!

Might try to set up a football game this weekend at school with some friends. I want to have things to do on the weekend, I don't want to be bored out of my mind, trying to self-improve as far as social circles, not that many of the social circles in my school are worthwhile...at least not in my eyes.

In other news I'm breaking out on my forehead a little bit...apparently that happens when you start a skin care thing for acne...it causes a temporary large breakout before treating the s*** that rises up there...

Insecure about it, but doin what I can. Anyway goodnight all.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DO squat deep. Atleast below parallel. You must.
So thats like.. 65kg bench, 80 squat, 60 deadlift. Cool.
You think 80kg is hard... feelsgoodman.
Drink some more milk and you easily get those missing 40g.
I got acne too, not much, but you know, redish and pimples here and there.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/30/11

Today was just really empty...I've been sitting at home for about 3 hours on this computer thinking about what I can do...nothing popped into my mind.

I tried to think about things as far as self-improvement, but most of them involved me going out and getting experience, which is somewhat hard to do when I don't have a ride.

Uhh, well I burnt a spatula while trying to cook dinner and burnt the rubber off...

Starting Strength routine tomorrow, working on finding ways to treat my current acne, and trying to set up a football game at my school on the weekend. I have several people that MAY come, and like 2 or 3 that are sure to go no matter what.

I don't know, I'm just trying to be a planner since I want to do something fun on the weekends and my friends never get anything together as far as I know.

Tell me how I'm doin :)

YoYoRocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Starting Strength takes longer than an hour.

Usually takes me 30 minutes-60 minutes, depending on how full the gym is, how lazy I'm feeling, and if I got a work out buddy.

Why don't you pick up some kind of hobby in that three hour time period?

Its cool that your trying to be a planner. I'm also trying to be one.

I'm trying to set up a surfing club over this summer. We'd go to a city called Santa Cruz, that has good waves, awesome beaches, places to explore, a boardwalk/amusement park, just a lot of fun. The more the merrier.

I'm also setting up a camping trip for my teammates this summer.

Watch out for negativity if a lot of people don't come. Everyone always looks to external reasons of why their not having fun. Theres not enough girls at this party, theres not enough people here to have a fun football game, etc.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3/31/11

Let's start with SS:

3x5x150 Bench
3x5x165 Squat (had to lower the weight to improve form)
3x5x100 Power clean

Had...hmmm...around 170g of protein today :D

After lifting I went to the gym to watch the volleyball game. As expected, when my former teammates saw me I heard the likes of "traitor" or "quitter", playfully of course, but still containing the annoying message.

Thinking about doing something tomorrow for April Fool's...probably won't because everything I can think of involves planning in advance.

Still working on getting people together for a football game on Saturday, quite a few guys are interested...the only problem would be the fact that it rained today and is scheduled to rain tomorrow. If the field is wet I imagine there would be much fewer people in attendance.

Finished The Book of Pook...incredible stuff that I think every AFC and newbie should read to crack open their shell. I especially liked the ending piece on endurance.

One thing that got me was about spending one's youth on sowing the seeds to a fruitful future. I believe this is a good strategy, but once again I find myself trapped behind my computer thinking about how to self-improve and nothing comes to mind except entering a Stock Market with play money to learn about that.

I basically spent my time watching videos to learn how to box, I'll probably shadowbox in the mirror when I turn this off. I might also add gloves, hand wraps, and a mouthpiece to a wishlist for my birthday as boxing is something that seems like a fun "hobby".

Trying to think of what I can do this weekend should football fall through. Might as well approach some girls right? The one thing I can't wrap my head around is the concept of approaching women while not becoming desperate or overeager?

How thin is this line and how do I avoid crossing it?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4/1/11

Bleh...today just kinda sucked

Woke up kinda sick today, dry throat and the whole runny/stuffy nose thing

Disappointed in myself for not knowing how to approach my goals despite knowing what I want to do

Not sure about continuing SS due to the spinal damage it can do me unless I find a substitute for deadlifts

Tried calling the chick I texted from last weekend's dance, no answer and no callback, so assuming that's a flop

Thinking about what I want to do as far as boxing...I don't see myself trying to go pro with it unless I'm a prodigy, because I see it as something that I would enjoy doing, not sure how far down the line I should be looking

A lot of flakes from my friends who were planning on coming to play football tomorrow. Most have a game they have to go to or are working, so that sucks, plus I'm sick and it's rainy

Ehh...somebody reply on here, give me something to read over