Paying for drinks/dates

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Be careful how you think and act, fellas. Much of the way you see and react to the world is instilled in you by people who do not have your personal best interests in mind.
It's amazing how many things we do that we have no clue what the motivation is, we're just "supposed to do that".

Which was the point behind the thread. If I make a decision to do something, I want it to be for my own reasons, because that's the conclusion I came to on my own.

I don't want to appear as the provider who will get used by gold diggers, and I don't want to appear as the guy who refuses to appreciate the people he cares about by being generous. But I do want to understand where my behaviors come from and why I am doing them.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The contests would be tests of devotion, sometimes writing sonnets or oetry, other times it may've been slowly bleeding to death to prove their affections. Obviously taken to the extreme this had it's downside, but the "games" took root in society and have evolved over the course of history.

...Men bleeding slowly to death to prove their affections ?

So they had cheating BPD women way back then ?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
...Men bleeding slowly to death to prove their affections ?

So they had cheating BPD women way back then ?

Yes, they did. And if you had the benefit of a good liberal education including Humanities and Western Traditions you'd already know this.

;)

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Yes, they did. And if you had the benefit of a good liberal education including Humanities and Western Traditions you'd already know this.

;)
Nah, I "settled " for Elec Engineering. Silly me, I was young and an idealist in my own way.. I am now not burdened by the ownership of a liberal Arts degree with an unfashionable major.
Praise the lawd !

:crackup:

Last edited:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FrancoPUA said:
If Vito Corleone buys stuff to a woman do you think she will feel he is an idiot ? Hell no.
Lol, that makes sense. I can see this is more about my internal state than anything that may have to do with how a woman perceives me.

FrancoPUA said:
Whatever you do from a masculine dominant frame arouses a woman. Whatever you do from a submissive feminine frame turns a woman off.
Good stuff.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do from a masculine dominant frame arouses a woman.
There are guys here who think they can do "whatever" and that as long as they have a perception about themselves that they're being "the man", all's good. But I say there's such a thing as deluding oneself too. I may think I'm being the man, but I may be being negligent, domineering, possessive or abusive, and that turns off a reasonably sane woman. So when you say "whatever", I think that's a broad sweeping statement that may give the wrong idea to some. I think it's more like as long as a guy portrays positive masculine qualities, it's good.