I’m watching marriages blow up left and right. It’s depressing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
applegoo said:
What I noticed with my parents is that they share a common purpose for their marriage:

-Raise kids right and center their life around them
-Work together to save money to give their kids for when they die
-In old age, they both want their grandchildren to be the at the center of their lives..
I do think that a lot of marriages that stick together are those that successfully make a family out of it. I sometimes look back and wonder if things would have been different if we had had children. But neither one of us wanted kids, so no use thinking about it. Most likely, it just would have meant that I would have been on the hook for child support. As it was, I was able to walk away fairly cleanly. It's ironic - kids make it a family, but also increase your financial risk in the marriage by 1000% or more.

applegoo said:
Basically, I'll need to prepare for the worst but hope for the best if I ever go through with marriage.
If you do it, that's the best mindset to keep. It's pretty much the same mindset I keep now with my live in LTR.

Pardner

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you have The Kardashians and Reality TV Stars as role models what do you expect?

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only skimmed through this thread so maybe someone has posted views similar to mine but:

Marriage has changed, society has changed and people have changed.

First of all let's get this straight... marriage has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with love, this one of the major misconceptions people have in this generation. Most of our ancestors knew this, many of us today do not.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" to do with love ("love" coined by the average person isn't love anyway) but marriage is much more than that.

Marriage predominantly is about family, always has been always will be.

Generally people grow up more "whole" when they have a prominent father and mother figure in their childhood. It's also about prolonging the family name, for women just as much as men.

Finally, marriage (like love) is a DUTY "...till DEATH do us part". NOT till there is no "chemistry", NOT till I get sick of you, NOT till I find someone better.

When you marry someone you don't just marry them, you marry their entire family...

If you marry someone for emotional reasons which are masked as "love" (probably 80% of marriages) those emotions will inevitably become weaker and weaker (all emotions do over time)...and that's why so many get divorces.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I am not trying to be abrasive. You and jurry have specifically made the topic about the posters instead of the subject.

This is a typical strategy by feminists, white-knights and a subset of people on this board who like to attack men who make great points on the misandric society today.

I will always point these cases out when I see them.

No, i specifically addressed the argument you are making, had nothing to do with you personally. I like that logic though, "if they disagree with me then they must be feminist fags!"

Spence

Don Juan
Reaction score
:-) said:
you mad? you had better have cold hard statistics to back that claim up.
Look up divorce statistics in Manchester very much a working class left wing city then compare it to divorce statistics of say Henley on Thames very much a conservative upper class area, where the fabric of traditional English society still remains intact.

I can't tell you where you'd find the stats but I know for a fact Manchester is much higher, I went to Uni there and all I met was very much the type of girl being described by our American colleagues.

This is a typical strategy by feminists, white-knights and a subset of people on this board who like to attack men who make great points on the misandric society today.

I will always point these cases out when I see them.
You are the pot calling the kettle black, I have never commented on you personally but so far I am called a feminist and white knight. I am neither, I believe feminism is trash but I still respect women despite some of their failings.

You have to understand it's not always black and white, and decent attractive women do get screwed over by men, just as many decent guys get screwed over by women.

countwoofoolah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage and Weddings

Two different things

The girls want the big flashy wedding , but are not prepared to take what a marriage is all about

Simple

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are forgetting the main point about a lot of women. They only need a man to provide security and comfort. At any time if they get tired or bored of the marriage they can pack up with the kids and walk out because they know there are other betas around to take on the husband and father role to provide. The only women that tough it out are the ones who have no options. Give them a better option or two and they'd be out the door in 2 seconds.

Had a neighbor growing up who would always complain about her husband. You could always hear them fighting from their house 2 doors down. She stuck it out with him until she found an option. After she did, out the door she went.

lanba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most marriages fail because most people have low intelligence. My parents are high intelligence and stuck together but I wouldn't hold their marriage or their life up as an example of a life well lead. But it worked for them. I'm not sure I could ever make it work for me though. For one thing, I don't buy into Christianity, and I don't feel any special duty towards my country or my government. My government likes to say how marriage is so great, I think they're an ignorant bunch of ****s. Why would I do what they say...

logicallefty

Reaction score
@countwoofoolah nor are they legally in a position to marry without commiting a felony in their State. Re: my previous posts about a bigamist I once thought I married.

The line has been crossed for women in that there are more d!cks available to them today, and more men with temporary financial security, and more men with no spine, the said women have their 2014 dream come true in one man's castle or another.. THAT IS.. to sit on their a$$es on FB all day and not do a damn thing productive to their families (including their own kids with previous AFCs), or society, or the house they live in.. Their dreams will be fullfilled, in his house, or his, hopefully not yours, of in that AFC's house..

The only hope, I mean ONLY hope, is for all of us guys like here on SS to get together, and stay and be strong, and stand confidently with out right strength and propell our red pill message out with such confidence, that it becomes norm. This world is fvckucked up, its going to take a while.. We have to stick to it though men.. and teach our kids to do the same. its all we have.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rascal99v said:
You guys are forgetting the main point about a lot of women. They only need a man to provide security and comfort. At any time if they get tired or bored of the marriage they can pack up with the kids and walk out because they know there are other betas around to take on the husband and father role to provide. The only women that tough it out are the ones who have no options.
I was watching an old film clip of a Beatles press conference today. They were talking about when John said "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus now". That sparked off a movement in the deep South where a lot of radio stations sponsored public burnings of Beatle records. The press asked: "Do you think American girls are fickle for burning your records?".

One of them said, I'm not sure which, I think it was George: "All girls are fickle". I thought wow, even then, in 1966, and these guys too, the most famous people on the planet, but they knew "All girls are fickle". See, gents? Nothing new under the sun. And when I was growing up, there was no need for the manosphere to tell you this sh!t. It was a more masculine world back then.

Regarding your statement that "the only women who tough it out have no options": I wonder about that sometimes. Like maybe a lot of the women who stay married have low self esteem and don't think they can do any better. Of course IF that theory is true, then you're better off marrying a girl with low self esteem, although that can cause other problems.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Regarding your statement that "the only women who tough it out have no options": I wonder about that sometimes. Like maybe a lot of the women who stay married have low self esteem and don't think they can do any better.
Believing you can't do better is the definition of not having options.

Men AND women do this. I'd say men do it more often these days given our current social climate. Hence the existence of this site.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I was watching an old film clip of a Beatles press conference today. They were talking about when John said "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus now". That sparked off a movement in the deep South where a lot of radio stations sponsored public burnings of Beatle records. The press asked: "Do you think American girls are fickle for burning your records?".

One of them said, I'm not sure which, I think it was George: "All girls are fickle". I thought wow, even then, in 1966, and these guys too, the most famous people on the planet, but they knew "All girls are fickle". See, gents? Nothing new under the sun. And when I was growing up, there was no need for the manosphere to tell you this sh!t. It was a more masculine world back then.
Gotta love The Beatles. Yeah, they had their fair share of women all right and knew the whole deal. I bet they couldn't wait to get to the states. Their last concerts they performed as a band were in 1966, the last one at Shea Stadium I think. They did the roof top concert in '68 but that really doesn't count. I wonder how many idiots burned first pressing copies. Some of those are worth a fortune mint now, including the fan club editions and error pressings. Wished I was alive back then to witness all that stuff. The anti texting guys wouldn't have to worry about texting back
then, now would they? :crackup:

zekko said:
Regarding your statement that "the only women who tough it out have no options": I wonder about that sometimes. Like maybe a lot of the women who stay married have low self esteem and don't think they can do any better. Of course IF that theory is true, then you're better off marrying a girl with low self esteem, although that can cause other problems.

I know that it's true based on what I've heard and seen.

There's this really awful looking fat women who's the mother to one of the guys on my brothers High School Baseball team. She plops her ass down in the bleachers and gossips with the other mothers. This woman only has a high school education and is very overweight and ugly. She is only a housewife with no skills and has trouble with her legs. She hates her life at home and her husband but wouldn't have nowhere to go if she left. She wants to leave but can't because she doesn't have any money to support herself and the kids. Even if she got a minimum wage job, that wouldn't be enough. The husband doesn't make that much money anyway as a delivery guy and handyman, so she wouldn't get sh1t in a divorce. She's stuck there and the husband knows it, so she has to tough it out. No man in his right mind would look at her so she has to take it. If she was fit, had something going for herself, and looked good she would be gone.

The only reason he chose her as a wife is because he had no other options.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Religion, community, selfless sacrifice. What used to be the pillars of society have now been replaced by hedonism and self-interest. America especially is a nation in decline as a result of destructive politics and bad demographics. Marriage is the first thing to go, next is families and then finally civilization itself. What's happening now with feminism, PUA, manosphere, etc. is akin to the barbarians sacking and looting Rome before the great fall. Everybody is trying to get their piece of the action, it's every man for himself. Until finally...poof. Except it won't be a quick and painless end, more like a slow bleed from a scalpel cut.

As Machiavelli said, the surest sign of a nation in decline is when the rites of religion are held in contempt.

Well, goodnight!

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny to see the differences between the players who thank heavens that marriage is dead and the... white knights? betas? I don't know... who want to return to the past.

Funny thread. I simply can't identify with guys who wish to revive marriage. Maybe they're all religious or conservative or..... something. Not sure what.

:confused:

Religion, community, selfless sacrifice.
"Religion" is irrationality enshrined, "community" is fascism with picket fences, and "sacrifice" means giving yourself up to thankless others.

F*ck that. God is dead. I want p*ssy.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:

Every good looking, pretty girl in the world will always have "options"!

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
"Religion" is irrationality enshrined, "community" is fascism with picket fences, and "sacrifice" means giving yourself up to thankless others.

F*ck that. God is dead. I want p*ssy.
Thats hell you're describing, and i doubt you're very happy there underneath all the bullsh!t you feed yourself. "I want pvssy"? You sound like a 12 year old. Any moron can pimp some girls, a DJ understands what love and compassion means.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
jurry said:
Thats hell you're describing, and i doubt you're very happy there underneath all the bullsh!t you feed yourself. "I want pvssy"? You sound like a 12 year old. Any moron can pimp some girls, a DJ understands what love and compassion means.
FYI zarky is a feminist bull dyke who's been trolling the manosphere for many many years if you're wondering why it's rather odd a 39 year old "man" has such vitriolic hatred for traditional institutions, religion, men etc etc and hides it through "I just want puzzy derrrrp" subterfuge in a lame attempt to sell it.

She's basically mimicking what she thinks a seasoned "playa" would say whilst demonizing some fictitious evil "patriarchy". And for the love of all things holy please don't bring up Briffault's law or the MRA, it sends her off :cuss:

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jurry said:
a DJ understands what love and compassion means.
F*ck being a "DJ" or whatever you want to call it. If you're not out f*cking chicks, you're a Beta. Pure and simple. If you're whining about the state of marriage, you're a Beta. If you're fantasizing about the lovely poetry and chivalrousness you could show women if they'd only appreciate it, you're a Beta. If you're wringing your hands and writing alarmist blog posts about the decline of Western civilization because women can f*ck who they want, you're a Beta. If you want "one good woman" who'll love you forever and ever, you're a Beta.

Just admit it. Why won't you all just admit it? You're a bunch of Betas, and you're pissed that your Betaness holds essentially zero value in the modern sexual mating market, and you're pissed. But rather than change and become an Alpha, you'd rather sit around and moan about it to each other.

That's the entirety of this thread and most threads here. No further analysis is necessary.

Just admit it.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Zarky said:
If you're wringing your hands and writing alarmist blog posts about the decline of Western civilization because women can f*ck who they want, you're a Beta.
Case in point. Dare to talk about *GASP* feral hypergamy and current affairs in the West? You're a "hand wringing beta" Her new favourite saying I've also noticed. Along with :

* Video games
* Briffaults law
* Men's rights
* Religion
* Lezzo's (I remember this one really sent her off the deep end a few times in the past)
* The mansophere

Just a few off the top of my head. Basically all the sh!t dykes hate. All hand wringing beta offences. Oh yeah and sometimes "he's" down and out and sleeps on couches and other times "he's" a successful white collar businessman, sometimes "he's" a footloose and free dandy playa and other times "he's" extremely concerned about gay rights..

It's all here in her "about me"
'm a never-married, straight, white, non-religious, upper-middle class man in my late-30s
The need to mention "he's" white? Don't ask, lezzo's have an oversize cl!t on for white guys (coz patriarchy) or some sh!t. She wants to fully encompass her alter ego ;) Everything she hates and yet envies at the same time.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
F*ck being a "DJ" or whatever you want to call it. If you're not out f*cking chicks, you're a Beta. Pure and simple. If you're whining about the state of marriage, you're a Beta. If you're fantasizing about the lovely poetry and chivalrousness you could show women if they'd only appreciate it, you're a Beta. If you're wringing your hands and writing alarmist blog posts about the decline of Western civilization because women can f*ck who they want, you're a Beta. If you want "one good woman" who'll love you forever and ever, you're a Beta.

Just admit it. Why won't you all just admit it? You're a bunch of Betas, and you're pissed that your Betaness holds essentially zero value in the modern sexual mating market, and you're pissed. But rather than change and become an Alpha, you'd rather sit around and moan about it to each other.

That's the entirety of this thread and most threads here. No further analysis is necessary.

Just admit it.
If you're regularly fvcking one hot desirable girl even if in a LTR or marriage that's more alpha than spending all your time to just ONS UGs from online or the bar every week or couple weeks. Besides it's not like a guy can't be going out fvcking girls and be against hypergamy and for men's rights at the same time. Actually that seems more likely than not.