Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Hit the Gym" - Why?

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n24 said:
Carlito first- I was under the assumption that this topic was about STRENGTH training or at least HYPERTROPHY and not about CARDIO...so my mistake in assuming the guy I commented on was doing actual work and not just cardio.

Jocca- From your little tidbit that I quoted again it seems like it's pure cardio....gym training sessions I wont go into since it's vague, sprinting-cardio, running-cardio boxing-cardio....ab work-nothing.

So please tell me where or when you actually do anything in the gym to actually put on muscle?

I've been on 2 a days AM/PM split but this was STRENGTH training 2 a days and needless to say I couldnt do that 5 days a week....now cardio is a different thing altogether.

My mistake though I thought you were actually doing something in the gym when I commented but your basically just running around raising your heart rate so sorry for making assumptions on you actually lifting...:rolleyes:
I strongly suggest you stop making assumptions about something you clearly know very little about. I do bench, squats, deadlifts (4x5 105 and started 3 months ago), chinups (currently at 7x28), single (6x15 40kgs) and double arm rows, calf raises (5x20 110kgs), dips(10x40), chest flys(7x20 17kgs), peck deck (7x 15 80kgs), lat pull downs (6x45 75kg), arnold press (6x17 15kgs), standing flys, Tricep press (7x18 20kgs). Also I bench 125 in 4x7 ( I weigh 83kgs by the way) and squat 130 in 4x7 (I have had three hamstring tears and three torn ligaments in my knee) so definetly not bad for a year and halfs work.

But im sure you bench more and squat more you he man you. I should add this is all whilst also being at 9% body fat and able to run 3 ks in 11 flat and run 100 in 11.2. But once again its not like I'm a personal trainer and have done three years of exercise physiolgy or anything.....Oh wait:crackup: I'll say it again. Think before you post. Sorry that I didnt think it necessary to point out in full how ignorant your post was the first time.

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jocca said:
I strongly suggest you stop making assumptions about something you clearly know very little about. I do bench, squats, deadlifts (4x5 105 and started 3 months ago), chinups (currently at 7x28), single (6x15 40kgs) and double arm rows, calf raises (5x20 110kgs), dips(10x40), chest flys(7x20 17kgs), peck deck (7x 15 80kgs), lat pull downs (6x45 75kg), arnold press (6x17 15kgs), standing flys, Tricep press (7x18 20kgs). Also I bench 125 in 4x7 ( I weigh 83kgs by the way) and squat 130 in 4x7 (I have had three hamstring tears and three torn ligaments in my knee) so definetly not bad for a year and halfs work.

But im sure you bench more and squat more you he man you. I should add this is all whilst also being at 9% body fat and able to run 3 ks in 11 flat and run 100 in 11.2. But once again its not like I'm a personal trainer and have done three years of exercise physiolgy or anything.....Oh wait:crackup: I'll say it again. Think before you post. Sorry that I didnt think it necessary to point out in full how ignorant your post was the first time.

THere is no point in saying I bench/squat more then you since you weigh less then me due to the fact that you run alot. I dont know why it's such a big achievment to be 9% when you run so much....and this whole time I thought it wa expected to be low in the BF% if you ran alot haha.

I would also recomend you stopping the chest flyes due to you possibly tearing something and switch to incline barbell or dumbell bench. I also dont understand why you had to bring up the fact that you tear ligaments....is that your way of showing how manly you are or some other macho thing?

I dont see how the post was ignorant your run and you have actually no structure when you go to the gym it seems but my mistake it's your body and I shall let you run to your hearts content...good luck:crazy:

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your officially the thickest person On this site. Congratulations. The point is you found it necessary to have a random fit at me mentioning the amount of hours I train per day. I then mentioned how stupid your assumption was. And yet again you've chucked another hissy fit because I've obviously displayed that in everyway physically I'm at a different level to you.

I mentioned the injuries due to the fact that obviously someone with a history of leg and knee injuries is going to progress fairly slowly at an exercise such as squats. And yet in only a year and a half my progress is still more than reasonable especially for my size and fitness levels. Once again wait a go for missing the point (that was actually hard to do but somehow you managed it)

Finally Its not like you would be even remotly close to some of those sets (dips and chinups in particular). I look forward to your next post of absolute rubbish about how I should be lifting more and in which you look down on cardio (that you couldnt do) possibly due to a hint of jealousy. Who knows. Sad in either case when someones overt arrogance makes them hate on other people for no reason.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out relieves stress and gets your mind off sh*t that distracts you, easy as that. Plus, it'll cause you to feel and look healthier. Working out will cause your brain to release all kinds of chemicals in your head that'll make you feel better and happier (they proved this scientifically).

If you wanna tough up and raise your general Chuck Norrisness, don't go to the gym, go kickboxing or do some other fighting sport. There is no training as intense as that, period. It will turn you into a man of steel in two months if you keep it up. The warming up alone will destroy your ass. Doing a fighting sport will seriously make you TOUGH.

Those fitness apes talking about how much they can bench press or how much body fat they have don't know sh*t. What kind of an insecure simpleton do you have to be to brag about stupid sh*t like that, anyway?

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
The above was in response to a stupid post earlier snowdog not as general boasting. agreed on fighting form sports. Been in boxing training now for three years and it definetly has numerous benifits.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please don't interpret my post wrong. I'm not looking for a flame war or a fight here. :) No offense intended at all.

I know I can come across as harsh, but I like that cos it's easier to get my point across that way.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't have an hour 3 days a week, then you deserve the body you have.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
Yes, and I'm sure all the guys I see flexing their biceps at the gym are closet rocket scientists right? Get real dudes.
If this helps you sleep at night, whatever man. Look at some of the community here. Collosus lifts pretty heavy and has a career in medicine lined up. I graduated in the top percentile of my class in a field closely related to "rocket science" ( mech eng. w/ out focus on advanced controls) and can put up over 200 on bench and all that ****. Fuglydude is a pro athlete mold who works in medicine as well. Just because you can't do both doesn't mean you have to hate on people who can.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" -Orwell

I recall meeting a Chinese girl who'd been serious with a guy for several years. She boasted that he'd won a number of math and architectural awards in numerous competitions. She didn't care how tall he was, how big is biceps were, how many friends he had, how many other hot girls were after him. It was the basis of his achievements that drove her attraction - achievements that had a tangible net *positive* effect on society.

So a brilliant engineer who works on missile guidance systems is adding a net tangible effect on society? tell me you are kidding. Just because you do work doesn't mean you are contributing anything and are more likely actually making things worse.

Can you imagine if being academically fit (and not physically fit) correlated more with hot pvssy? We'd have cured cancer and have colonies in Mars and beyond by now. Guys would be hitting the books instead of hitting the gym. All our problems would be solved.

This last statement shows how much of a novice in the game of life you are. You presuppose that folks who work out are dumb and a drain to society and a simple fix of reading an extra 1 hr per day would fix cancer, and take us to mars. Please dude, just stop. That is awful and you know it. The real matter of fact here is you are jealous of guys who look better than you and need to morally position yourself advantageously to hate on them. It helps weak minded people like you get rest at night. Unfortunately for you, there are folks who look good and are smarter than you are which debunks your entire worldview...that must be painful.

In short, stop making excuses. Crush exams, and crush the weights and crush the women.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will sound obvious, but if you're exercising in order to get women rather than to make yourself a better man...you're doing it for the wrong reason.