Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Hit the Gym" - Why?

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
The inherent fallacy of a society in which its most productive citizens are getting the least pvssy isn't without irony - and doesn't bode well for the long-term viability of said society.
Stop trying to justify your nerdiness. For all this productivity you whine about, where's your Nobel Prize?

It doesn't bode well for the long-term viability of a society? History books are full of men with the balls to aspire for greater things. Meanwhile men like you were in the background crunching numbers for the great men, angrily wondering why no one respects your book-reading skills.

Your whole complaint sounds like "Wah. I'm a scrawny geek who's too lazy to develop the body of a man. Why can't girls just like me for who I am?"

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is truely pathetic. I'm at University and workout for 2 hours a day almost everyday. When I'm not training myself I train others on the side who hope to achieve their own physical goals or I study (roughly 2-3 hours a day). But hey I guess all those good marks I've had over the years must have fallen into my lap you drop kick. Honestly this is the most rediculous thread I've ever seen on this site (and thats saying something). Hand your balls in at the front door, you dont need them anymore.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Akuma said:
Listen to audio books while working out. Problem solved.

That's what I do.

The average audio book is about 6 to 7 hours long. If you work out everyday, you can go through a different book every week.
Where can I get some of these books, because as I recall they aren't really cheap and I don't seem to find alot of them that I actually like (except "I hope they serve beer in hell", that was a good laugh :))

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
Why should the ability to toss a football or put a ball through a hoop get the gina tingling than, say, scoring in the top 5% of the Math Olympiad? Neither act is inherently more "alpha". It's the social status in relation to these activities that the women respond to. Which is viewed with more respect in the US? Which in Asia?
So it's the quarterback's fault that he can throw a football better than you can? And it's his fault that women respond positively to him because he can?

The inherent fallacy of a society in which its most productive citizens are getting the least pvssy isn't without irony - and doesn't bode well for the long-term viability of said society.
Show me statistics and I'll believe you.
Otherwise, anything within that last statement is pure speculation and conjecture. You REALLY honestly think there aren't guys out there that hit the books AND hit the sheets?

Or are you just speaking about yourself?

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
So it's the quarterback's fault that he can throw a football better than you can? And it's his fault that women respond positively to him because he can?
You still don't get it bub. There's nothing inherently alpha/dominant about throwing a football, it's the social status associated with that activity that makes them panties go wet - social status accorded primarily on the basis of slavish hero worship by other beta males.

Kailex said:
Show me statistics and I'll believe you.
Otherwise, anything within that last statement is pure speculation and conjecture. You REALLY honestly think there aren't guys out there that hit the books AND hit the sheets?

Or are you just speaking about yourself?
Who gets more play - the captain of the football team, or the captain of the mathletes. Both are leaders of their respective domains, both are alpha in their respective domains. Why?

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jocca said:
This is truely pathetic. I'm at University and workout for 2 hours a day almost everyday. .
IF your working out 2hrs a day 7 days a week and dont need to rest then your not really doing anything.

OP: I think the reason people like being fit is because of how hard it actually is to be fit in the first place. It's alot easier to just go eat out and not care about cutting or carb timing , or no carb mealing, or calorie restrictions and just enjoy the meal of whatever you want that day.

It's easier to be lazy and weak then to try to get stronger and looking good.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are wrong in your perception of the situation.

The sportsman is an alpha male. The mathlete is a beta male.

Society does not label this. Society tries to show up the mathlete with logical rationilsations, like you are doing now, by calling them 'nice guys' and saying they have 'other qualities'. But the primal desires of women for alpha males cannot be influenced by this and that's why the sportsmen get and mathletes dont.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, I think you are missing the point of going to the gym and exercising. It is not to get women - it is to increase your physical AND mental well being. I don't know about you, but Im better able to hit the books and concentrate on a task after I have exercised. I am more centered after I exercise.

When you feel/look better, success in other areas comes more naturally. Be it women, school, work, whatever.

Akuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Credos said:
Where can I get some of these books, because as I recall they aren't really cheap and I don't seem to find alot of them that I actually like (except "I hope they serve beer in hell", that was a good laugh :))
You can find tons of them online... :up:

As for finding something you like, just browse through Amazon.com and look for recommendations based on the stuff you like.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n24 said:
IF your working out 2hrs a day 7 days a week and dont need to rest then your not really doing anything.

OP: I think the reason people like being fit is because of how hard it actually is to be fit in the first place. It's alot easier to just go eat out and not care about cutting or carb timing , or no carb mealing, or calorie restrictions and just enjoy the meal of whatever you want that day.

It's easier to be lazy and weak then to try to get stronger and looking good.
He could be doing cardio and conditioning work + weight training. You can do two a day work outs as long as your food intake is suffice and you separate sessions by 6 hours. You surely must know many athletes in the off seasons train many many times a week.

Everyone is different. Just cause you can only handle 3 days a week doesn't mean some one else can't do 6-7 easily. Genetics, work capacity, food intake and getting a good nights rest all play the part.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
Can't you make the same argument for the mind though? As a human being you are given a MIND and you have to exercise and develop it?

Researchers checked the neurons of people who don't study that much or think hard that much and compare them to the neurons of those who continue doing challenging mental work. The results are the neurons of those who don't study or read that much are in much worse condition and they are more likely to develop neuron related diseases such as Alzheimer's.

I'm all for working out and developing your own body, but what I don't get it why more people shun developing their mind but are more open to developing heir mind.
I totally agree, I think everyone should train their minds, search for truth and develop their analytical and reasoning skills. Your body is only 1 half of the equation.

But then training your body and training your mind are not mutually exclusive, so why not do both? Neglecting either is wasteful.

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
He could be doing cardio and conditioning work + weight training. You can do two a day work outs as long as your food intake is suffice and you separate sessions by 6 hours. You surely must know many athletes in the off seasons train many many times a week.

Everyone is different. Just cause you can only handle 3 days a week doesn't mean some one else can't do 6-7 easily. Genetics, work capacity, food intake and getting a good nights rest all play the part.

Carlitosway is correct. And just quietly I wouldnt call what I do in the gym/ on the track nothing champ.I've been training for representive level sports since 13 so it is nothing I can't handle. But nice assumption anyway :whistle: for the record I do gym three sessions, two sprint training sessions, three 4-5k runs a week, one session boxing and three sessions of ab work. Also I've been told I eat like a horse =). Maybe try thinking before posting next time hey.

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I didnt read all the comments, so I'm not sure if I'm repeating anything here, but I did read enough to hope I can add a few points.

I've never read anywhere that its healthy to devote your life to the gym. I'm not sure where you're getting that information that guys who are at the gym every night for hours are getting a lot of girls...if they are at the gym every night, when are they getting these girls? And girls dont like muscleheads with nothing else to offer, at least not classy girls...Jersey Shore is not a reputable source.

Second, the key is to have a balanced life. Excersizing daily is important. Not for getting girls...its important for being in shape. Do you want to be one of those guys that breathes heavy for walking up a flight of stairs? Nah didnt think so. That doesnt mean daily trips to the gym... that can mean wake up, run a mile. Or play a sport routinely. Do some pushups. Hit the gym a few times a week to get a full workout, and swim when the weather permits. You dont have to commit your life to being in shape to be in shape.

So say you work out between 30 and 90 minutes a day. That leaves lots of time for reading and other bits of culture, light TV, and catching up on the news or whatever interests you. Plenty of time for a life as well, and working, no matter what kind of job you have. Balanced life is important.

Don't consider working out and having a healthy diet something you do to get girls...do it cause it makes you feel good and again...nobody wants to be the out of shape guy that cant exert himself.

Final note, if you go deeper than muscles and all that and a girls interest in you doesnt...she's not for you. And those should not be the girls you set your sites on.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
But every hour I spend in the gym in front of a mirror exercising my vanity, I can't help but think of the opportunity cost. I could be enriching my life in other ways, reading, travelling, picking up new hobbies, expanding my knowledge base of the world, doing something I genuinely enjoy.

You may be exercising your vanity for 45 min a day, but you are also preventing a heart attack and having a 40 year old stranger breathing stale air into your mouth on the sidewalk of a busy downtown street.

And I can't help but curse the media for promoting useless vain muscular lugheads as the epitome of masculinity for young guys. Remember, in the 70s the male ideal was a skinny guy with a hairy chest - Jim Morrison anyone?
If the goal of your post was to convince yourself NOT to exercise by having people agree with you, I don't think you've succeeded.

Going to the gym isn't about getting laid. Going to the gym is about feeling good about yourself and body, and preventing diseases later in life.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are wrong in your perception of the situation.

The sportsman is an alpha male. The mathlete is a beta male.

Society does not label this. Society tries to show up the mathlete with logical rationilsations, like you are doing now, by calling them 'nice guys' and saying they have 'other qualities'. But the primal desires of women for alpha males cannot be influenced by this and that's why the sportsmen get and mathletes dont.
Ease is 100% right. For thousands of years before modern society, the true alpha male was the one with the most athleticism and brute strength Only in modern society (which is very recent) has the nerd been more capable to survive than the jock. Humans are slaves to their evolutionary past.
I understand where you are coming from. We have all been there at some point. But its kinda hypocritical. Do you pursue women based on their brains. NO. You pursue them based on how hot they are. Personality and brains are secondary. We men do the same thing. There are many ugly, nerdy chicks that you could pursue and get. You don't do that becuz they are not physically fit and appealing. So you cant be mad at chicks for doin the same thing. Remember this man, we are nothing but evolved primates. We are highly evolved chimps for the most part. Our instincts trump reason most of the time.

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jocca said:
Carlitosway is correct. And just quietly I wouldnt call what I do in the gym/ on the track nothing champ.I've been training for representive level sports since 13 so it is nothing I can't handle. But nice assumption anyway :whistle: for the record I do gym three sessions, two sprint training sessions, three 4-5k runs a week, one session boxing and three sessions of ab work. Also I've been told I eat like a horse =). Maybe try thinking before posting next time hey.

Carlito first- I was under the assumption that this topic was about STRENGTH training or at least HYPERTROPHY and not about CARDIO...so my mistake in assuming the guy I commented on was doing actual work and not just cardio.

Jocca- From your little tidbit that I quoted again it seems like it's pure cardio....gym training sessions I wont go into since it's vague, sprinting-cardio, running-cardio boxing-cardio....ab work-nothing.

So please tell me where or when you actually do anything in the gym to actually put on muscle?

I've been on 2 a days AM/PM split but this was STRENGTH training 2 a days and needless to say I couldnt do that 5 days a week....now cardio is a different thing altogether.

My mistake though I thought you were actually doing something in the gym when I commented but your basically just running around raising your heart rate so sorry for making assumptions on you actually lifting...:rolleyes:

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out increases confidence and testosterone. At least it does for me.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to work out to burn off the frustration of being married,now I do less-more to stay in shape for hunting seasons. IF I was overly concerned about what women think, I'd weigh 15 lbs less. As a gym rat in Dental school, I weighed 250 at 6'2". THEN I was lifting once a week, karate 3 times a week and swimming about a mile a week.

I'm not the man I used to be,but then most of us never were[the man we think we used to be]

Maxfarsigth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out also gives CONFIDENCE plus, im pretty sure it activates biological mechanisms so a MAN builds more TESTOTERONE to BEHAVE and THINK MORE MANLY.
Heck.. it just feels better for my self. And yeah being in shape is good for the looks, thus for the ladys.
Also. The balane thing is very important, at least for me: keeping all aspects of life as high as possible.