DJ Bootcamp Week 4 (Summer 2005)

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm yeah. maybe it would help to pretend these hot girls are dressed in loose jeans and a sweatshirt, and then talk to them

Gnr7112

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know guys,Iv been a work in progress for awhile. I read sosuave 4 years ago when I first went to college but didnt have the balls to go through with anything I could barely talk to strangers! Now going back to college again & 4 years later I have a great deal more confidence.

If anyone gets frustrated - all I can say is you gotta do it!! YOU MUST DO IT BY GAWD!!! you have all spent time being frustrated and now your wanting to do something about it, dont make my mistake and push it off and push it off.

Just remember guys "lifes only limitations are those we impose on it" Now for me - I pushed it off monday and tuesday, went out tuesday to do some approachs but eventually wussed out. I may call in sick to work tonight so I can go out and get some god damned rejections already! I need the money, but I need the rejections just as bad! what to do ?

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
New post here: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Tukzulu

Not sure this counts as a rejection, but it definitely didn't seem pleasant. I was at Border's last night and couldn't find any HBs to approach. Finally, it was getting near closing time and a HB 5.5 walks by. I ask her if she has the time (I know, not a good approach line but all I could come up with in 3 secs or less) and she didn't even look at me and just said, "I don't know." And kept walking.

Well, whatever. It didn't bother me much, which is actually an improvement. In the past, that sort of thing, even though its so minor, would've destroyed my frame for the rest of the night.

The store closed shortly after that and I didn't get any further approaches or rejections. So so far this week, I've gotten zero rejections. I'm going to have to repeat Week 4 because I don't feel as if I've conquered the rejection thing yet. But that's ok, because I'm in a good state of mind and ready to sarge. I think I'm just slow to build up steam on some of these exercises.

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's all the posts about rejections? The week is almost over and I don't think I've seen one post about a single rejection.

Are we all going to have to repeat Week 4?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not repeating any week. It's not my fault if girls don't reject me! :D

Anyway, you can read about my week at www.xanga.com/brotheraaron

I decided that I had enough to write that I didn't want to clog this thread - but I've had an eventful week.

Anyway, Tukzulu - go out and get those rejections! I can only hope that the others follow suit. I have a feeling that this is where many people stop, because it is a bit harder to get a phone number than just start a conversation. It didn't seem to me like most people even got completed their conversations, for that matter. Anyway, the week 4 thread will still be around for anybody who feels the need to repeat, and I'll offer my support, but I'm going to keep going forward with the bootcamp.

Metalixia

Don Juan
Reaction score
count me in!

i never managed to complete week three, due to simple lack of oportunity (i live in a small place!)

but next week i'm travelling to my home town, which is big, and me and a mate will go out and spend the day chatting to girls and getting numbers!

thanks,.

Lewis

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, Tukzulu - go out and get those rejections! I can only hope that the others follow suit. I have a feeling that this is where many people stop, because it is a bit harder to get a phone number than just start a conversation. It didn't seem to me like most people even got completed their conversations, for that matter. Anyway, the week 4 thread will still be around for anybody who feels the need to repeat, and I'll offer my support, but I'm going to keep going forward with the bootcamp
You're right, I haven't done the conversations. I have been so bogged down in school work that I've been pvssing out. School gets out for me next week and there will be no more excuses. There is a big festival in my area this weekend and I'm going to get going on my conversations.

I haven't had a chance to check out your blog yet. You should join the blog ring.

props for sticking with it.

I'll post my results after this weekend.

Last edited:

Kamikaze_R6

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,

I really wanted to succeed in this bootcamp but man week 4 has been a disaster for me.

At work they pretty much dropped a bomb on me. I work for a consulting firm so when they say something must get done you have to or else you got a high chance of termination. I'm exhausted and my manager is turning into a slacker . I am so pissed off...

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kamikaze, understand you about work. The guys with integrity can really get screwed sometimes.

I got to listen to a diatribe about how most people in the department are late. I was a few minutes late but everyone else shows up way later.

It won't be hard for me to earn hardest working status in this place. Which is something I hang my hat on, but it requires sacrifice, like tomorrow night where I'll no doubt be working until 9PM or later.

Today was great. I got some good sleep last night that was a huge key.

I was wearing a new shirt and late in the day I looked in the mirror and felt like I was looking my best. That gave me a boost.

Then when I went to dinner, I was amazed at all the girls giving me eye contact. I need to get more rest often. I think I project a much better look/attitude, although I always focus on good posture.

On the way home after doing some more work, I was thinking how it's nice to have a **** eating grin look on your face. Kind of like knowing you have a 10 inch tool and any girl around will be lucky to experience it and have the best sex of her life. Putting on that type of grin made have a bit of a smile and the girls noticed.

Well as far as dating, i'm waiting a few weeks, even cancelled a date with a girl. She seems still interested, I gave her valid reasons why.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, if you did not complete week 3 - don't worry about it. Do it in conjuction with week 4 like so:

Start the conversation, mantain for 2-10 minutes, and then # close.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is damn near impossible for me to get rejected 10 times. I feel so bad for talking to so many women who I will never even get to know :D. Decent girls too, I might add.

Good Luck everyone.

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
I'm not repeating any week. It's not my fault if girls don't reject me! :D

I can't really go on to week 5 yet because I don't have any numbers. So I may be stuck in week 4 limbo for at least another week.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tukzulu
I can't really go on to week 5 yet because I don't have any numbers. So I may be stuck in week 4 limbo for at least another week.
There's still time! You're a DJ - and you're still in the game. Go get some phone numbers - that's a command! ;)

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
There's still time! You're a DJ - and you're still in the game. Go get some phone numbers - that's a command! ;)
I plan to, but its probably going to take some time. And I still want to get 10 rejections. Haha. Weird goal, I know, but I think fear of rejection is one of my major sticking points, so I really need to get over that.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I will post my week 4 when i do it here about one month from now

I knew that my studying and work would take precedence.

I can't wait to post about it later though.

No doubt we should have a DJ bootcamp for the fall as well!

College will be back in boys!

EDIT:
I will talk to girls that I come across in my path. The difference is now I spend the majority of my time at my work. I'm either there doiing work or studying. But there are a ton of chicks where I work and it's so big i could easily date a girl from another department and rarely see her there.

Last edited:

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
New post here:http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Tukzulu

Ugh, ****ty last 2 days. My gf wanted to talk about the relationship Sunday night and I knew it was just going to spiral into breaking up. I didn't argue with her or try to persuade her to change her mind and everytime she said something was my fault I told her the truth about how I felt about her and about how unhappy I was with the relationship. I figured that would lead to us breaking up right then and there and in my AFC days I usually just swallowed all that and just held onto the girl with a desperate case of oneitis. But somehow she ended up back at my place and we finished the night off with sex.

Then she called me Monday (last night) and we agreed to break up. It was weird. She kept saying she didn't intend to break up , she just wanted to talk about issues and it was me who wanted to breakup. Its not true, but she seemed to feel the need to blame it on me and I didn't want her back, so I didn't really argue the point.

Anyway, even though its for the better and I think I'll be happier without her, it still has ****ed up my frame. I just don't have the confidence now to go out sarging. I think I'll be back to normal after a couple of days (actually I just went out for lunch and felt like sarging then), but crap getting to 10 rejections is going to be difficult in this state. Right now, I need successes, not rejections!

What happened with week 5? Is anybody doing week 5?

Tz

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tukzulu, i havent started week 5 yet. Its still week 4 for me. Tons of work means less time to do..there you go another excuse...but, i have cut down on the amt of sarging i do..

I am still having probs with approaching ramndom women outside school/work/bar/club. I havent talked to a single women outside these venues...yeah i am a wimp!

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, if you read the bootcamp week 5 exercises, it gives an extra week to get phone numbers for the dates - so keep getting those digits! You're going to need them so you have somebody to call.