Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Bootcamp Week 4 (Summer 2005)

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, this is the point where the results become a bit more tangible. You're confidence is high. You can approach a girl in any situation and maintain a conversation. Now we're going to put all of that to use, and start collecting phone numbers.

Be aware that you will strike out when hitting on girls. I learned a valuable lesson about dealing with this while reading Tucker Max's stories. I noticed something: he easily dismisses a girl who rejects him, but will bask in the ego boost of a girl wanting him. In other words, use validation to your benefit - let your successes build your confidence, but dismiss your failures.

The stated goal of Week 4 is to 'collect' 10 rejections. This does not mean that you should approach with a self-defeating mindset that will cause you to get rejected. You should go in every time fully intending to successfully close, and when you fail - you'll learn from your mistakes. Number close every cute girl that you approach!

It's time to drop the theory and start doing. I'm advocation a completely selfish approach - you want phone numbers. You don't care if the girl doesn't want to give you her phone number, so you're not even going to look for signs of interest. We're going for both numbers and rejections, so all that's relevant is that you try and get that number.

Don't ask for her phone number. You've already decided that she's giving it to you. Assume the sale. My favorite tactic is just to reach into your pocket, open your cell phone, press the button to add a new entry, and hand it to her. If she asks what to do, tell her like it's obvious. Don't ever ask her for the phone number - simply instruct her to give it to you. I have astronomical success with this method. It's also very easy to overcome objections with this method - because you didn't ask. If she says "Sorry, I have a boyfriend" (or anything else) then act like you don't even realize that she's trying to avoid giving you the number. Respond with something funny, if you want (So no you're just bragging to impress me... im flattered)

I want a story for every phone number and rejection - this thread better be bulging at the seams with replies by the end of the week!

-------------------------------------------------

LINKS

The DJ Bootcamp Guide

Xanga BlogRing

Bootcamp Recruiting Thread, Summer 2005

DJ Bootcamp Week 1 Thread

DJ Bootcamp Week 2 Thread

DJ Bootcamp Week 3 Thread

Last edited:

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are all the bootcampers at? Maybe you've all had so much trouble getting girls because you lack follow through. :p

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey BrotherAP,

I haven't given up yet. I won't give up while there is still a breath in this body. Having said that I haven't done anything for a few weeks worth posting and I need to get back at it.

Edit* I appreciate you keeping the threads coming. It would be great if we could get some new posters fired up about this that might motivate the rest of us.

Also, I noticed in the bootcamp links, you have week 3 listed as week 4.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm coming guys, still need some time though
Hey man, I've been looking through your journal. I'm proud as hell of you if you're serious in where you started from.

I started the bootcamp with all the guys 4 weeks ago and all I did was week 1. I stalled and procrastinated but I think I'm ready to get back at it.

I'm going to post my progress in the week 2 thread because I haven't earned the right to be in this thread yet.

Good luck to anyone else who is still out there.

Hit

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, ****..

I've been an avid fan of this site.. have been lurking around for quite a while (and sad to admit a being somewhat of a keyboard jockey lately). I would REALLY like to join in with you guys (as I only now stumbled upon the summer bootcamp thread) but i'm not sure of how i'll fare off joining in so late in the process.

I read the whole DJ bootcamp script in the past for reference, 4 or 5 months ago, but never actually went through with it.. and i have definetly not been seeing too many results since then.

Do you guys think I can just hop on board and try to make up for lost gains at this point in time.. or would it be a useless cause having missed the first 4 weeks of conditioning?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can start from week 1, and post in the existing thread that I linked above.

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
New entry here:
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Tukzulu

I'm still here, but things were really f*cked up last week. Long story but I was doing lots of traveling and family stuff and just really had not time to sarge. I did get several conversations in with some HB5s or less this weekend, but those don't really count because I had no intention of closing (or getting rejected. ha).

So anyway, I'll have to try to squeeze in the 10 rejections this week. I may not be able to make it to 10, but I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I went out to the grocery store today with my gf and good gracious there's tons of HBs there on Sunday. I saw at least 6 that were HB7 or above and I'm pretty sure all were single or at least not married because I saw no rings. I couldn't really approach them because I was with my gf but i'm going to have to hit that spot again on Sundays. I tend to go shopping late at night on weekdays and all that's there that time of night is weird, possibly drunk housewives and grumpy old men.

Also, I've started a new thing where when I see HBs I either ask the time or for directions to somewhere. This works for me because before I'd freeze up and not say anything at all. This way, at least I've already got a simple non-intimidating approach and know what to say, like a prepared script, and that just works better for my psyche I guess. Trying to run routines and worry about body language and all this other stuff may be good down the road, but its just too much for me right now and it just ends up paralyzing me. And asking time/directions is also a simple way to get into a conversation. At least for me.

Here's to rejections!

Who else is still with the bootcamp? Do we get to brand the ones who dropped out?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tukzulu
Who else is still with the bootcamp? Do we get to brand the ones who dropped out?
Nah, we'll have a post-bootcamp "here are pics of the girls I got because I got off my ass and stuck to my guns" thread. Seeing our girls will be punishment enough.

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
So this is my list of those still left:

BrotherAP
Ever Onward (in week 2?)
Madgame
Hit (maybe?)
Tukzulu

Did I miss anybody?

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know what to say. I did finish all the 3 weeks, but not in the exact manner i would like to have done them (cold approaches, strangers at stores and in streets). I have been going out so much in the last few weeks that all the 3 weeks have been too easy, because of all the girls you meet there.

I have NO problem usually in these situations, but STILL have a problem opening at non-campus, non-bar/dancefloor locations. I feel kinda awkward/pervert by doing that..plus very unnatural.

Will concentrate on doing these in the next few weeks.

Anyways, my blog updated HERE

Gnr7112

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all of us are gone yet it seems! iv had no internet at home for the past week or so, so I havent had much of a chance to post. Iv come a fair distance since iv first started but still kind of affraid to approach! in certain situations I can and will approach and certain ones it's still quite quimesh. Im at the university at the moment, ill see what I can do before I go to work..

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, I've been looking through your journal. I'm proud as hell of you if you're serious in where you started from.

I started the bootcamp with all the guys 4 weeks ago and all I did was week 1. I stalled and procrastinated but I think I'm ready to get back at it.

I'm going to post my progress in the week 2 thread because I haven't earned the right to be in this thread yet.

Good luck to anyone else who is still out there.
Thanks man. Actually the only thing that's been really tough for me was saying the 1st hi. I still dont feel comfortable doing it, but I can and I feel like it's only a matter of time until I'll have the 100 his I plan on doing (plus doing like 10-20 or so on the last day before moving to week 2...plus doing them on hot girls not just random people). I'm kinda scared at the thought of the 1st conversation, but I'm sure I can do it as the fear of it isn't really bigger than the one I had of saying nothing but "hi" or "hello" to a stranger. Anyways like I said Im taking my time, because actually I dont expect myself to do this in only 4 weeks, because I probably have it a little harder than most other people who do the BC (I think this wouldnt be a lot different for somebody whos just a bit more introverted than other ppl either though). Anyways one thing that I've really learned in life and that's helped me set me apart from a lot of other people is that you have to be persistent and cant expect to get everything in a split second. Like most of my friends stopped weightlifting because they didnt see any visible changes after a few weeks/months but I was sticking to it and after like a year I was finally feeling damn it really worked...or with foreign languages (Im into that). Its not like you can learn to speak a foreign language very well in a matter of months (unless u study mad hours every day or something).....if u wanna accomplish something thats worth having, itll take some time and u have to be persistent and I think the BC is definetly worth "investing" 4 months at the very most (cause I do plan to do it quicker) of going out almost every day and doing the exercises, if I'll really be comfortable approaching (almost) every girl I like on the street (or hell even if I can only approach every other good looking girl if the situation is right..its still way better than not being able to do it at all).

Oh sorry for brabbling lol..but good luck to you too man. Just go out there and keep doing the BC or well continue it. I feel like its definetly worth it.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Driving past starbucks last night, there was a cute girl sitting all alone outside on a table reading a book. It was just about to get dark, and there was nobody around - perfect target. I park my car, open my door, and suddenly I hear a shrill voice enthusaistically shouting my name... it's my little brother's friends. "Aaron, can we get a ride home?!?" they all come running up. By the time I get them all to shut up and calm down, the girl's gone. Damnit, c0ckblocked by little kids.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uggh. I just don't have much time for the next month.

I do have a date tomorrow. Internet girl. Not really excited to go to it even though she sounds nice.

But I need to hone up and say my DJ creed "Make no excuses and take no ****"

I will at least continue to loop 1-3 until I am ready to start dating multiple women again, which will come after my big exam next month.

Tukzulu

Don Juan
Reaction score
So this is my list of those still left:

BrotherAP
Ever Onward (in week 2?)
Madgame
Hit (maybe?)
Tukzulu
Redshift
Gnr7112
Ricky

Did I miss anybody?

Alright, good to see there's more of us than it looked. Anyway, I posted a new blog entry at: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=TukzuluTuesday,

July 19, 2005

Had a semi-breakthrough moment last night. I was walking home from the gym and feeling kind of bummed because I haven't gotten one rejection yet (because I haven't had the balls to really pursue any chicks and try to number or email close). I've had conversations with HBs but none where I really persist and try to go for a close. So I decided the next hot chick I saw I was going to stop and talk to. Well, just about that moment, I saw a HB7 walking towards me. So I, dressed in workout clothes and all sweaty from working out, just said: "Hey, do you have the time?"
Her: "Yes (looks at her watch, then looks at her cellphone).
Her: It's (whatever) o'clock.
Me: Thanks.

And I left. Yeah, I know, I pussed out. But the reason I did was because this girl totally opened to me and it caught me offguard. She stopped and turned entirely in my direction, while I was still sort of facing away as if I was in a hurry to get going. And then when she told me the time, she looked into my eyes and gave me a big smile and then paused, sort of waiting (or at least I thought so) for me to pursue the conversation. Haven't had that happen so far and it just blew me away and my mind was busy thinking about that rather than coming up with something else to say, so I just mumbled thanks and left. So I'm not sure if my body language has changed and I seem more confident/less desperate now or if it had something to do with me just saying "**** all this fear" right before I opened her.

Either way, even though nothing really came of that brief interaction, it sure was insightful for me. The effect lingered too because later that night I felt like I could open anybody. Well, almost anybody. I went out to Border's later to sort of browse for books and chicks. I got a coffee at one point and immediately after spinning around from the cashier I spy this gorgeous HB9 dressed in tiny little shorts and a tight, tight top. I had no idea what I might say to open her and half-thought about not even approaching but I forced myself to walk over to where she was. As I passed her, I decided to park myself where she was and pretend to browse the books and then make a comment or ask a question about a book in that section. Well, no sooner had I done that than her bf walks up. Oh well, didn't even matter. The important thing is at least I had the balls to go over and think about approaching. In the past, I wouldn't even have done that.

LostinNJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****, I got back from vacation and totally forgot about this! When does week 4 end? I can skip week 3 since it's kinda the same.

Magico

Don Juan
Reaction score
still in

Guys the fact that I'm on vacation doesn't mean I dropped out. I'm still in and will post more details when I get beack home. Right now I am at 4th convo in week 3.

BrotherAP
Ever Onward (in week 2?)
Madgame
Hit (maybe?)
Tukzulu
Redshift
Gnr7112
Ricky
Magico

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure I got 10 convos last week, and I'm quite sure I didn't have ten with HB's but anyways.

I cancelled my internet date. I'm suffering from burnout from my job and studys. I know that is one reason I should probably take a night off and go (it would have been tonight), but for the next month I don't really have time to sarge or date, I need to use the valuable study time.

That being said if I have a chance for a quick convo or two between now and then I'll take it.

But I totally know, I freeze up sometimes when a girl is wearing the super hot stuff, like short shorts and a boob exposing halter top. Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure if the same girl was in business dress it'd be easier for me to talk to her. I think it is just the psychological "WOW" response that leaves me a bit tongue tied. My little head starts thinking first and it's building a little pedestal for the girl HAHAH.