Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Civil War 2024 (trailer)

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is Hollywood giving us a foreshadowing of what's bound to come in the future.

Just like the movie Black Hawk Down came out on 2000....2-3 years later soldiers were being deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
In real life, this wouldn't happen. There would be blockades of resources, water, and food, utility disablements, and attacks on their power grids. There would be some fighting, but mostly a technological blackout of resources, food, and utilities.

But it looks cool for a movie though. Cali and Texas. Lol. That's like Alaska and New York on the same side.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Not that familiar with the plot, so I’m going out on a limb assuming the alliance was about states rights, not specific idealogies…

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Not that familiar with the plot, so I’m going out on a limb assuming the alliance was about states rights, not specific idealogies…
Likely the right of each state to repeal laws penalizing sex between siblings. Stuffed shirt legislators in DC have forced folks in both Tinseltown and rural Texas to enjoy such activity only in secret, for an unforgivably long time ;)

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Likely the right of each state to repeal laws penalizing sex between siblings. Stuffed shirt legislators in DC have forced folks in both Tinseltown and rural Texas to enjoy such activity only in secret, for an unforgivably long time ;)
I am going to assume you’re being hyperbolic, because one might interpret this as your support of incest, and I’m sure that’s not your stance…

Or is it?

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Share your review afterwards
I read that it is more about the reality and scenario of a modern civil war happening here and not some call of duty republicans vs democrats wet dream scenario that I thought it would be. None of the parties have the foundation and cohesion to be a war contender in the first place. I plan to watch this next weekend.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I read that it is more about the reality and scenario of a modern civil war happening here and not some call of duty republicans vs democrats wet dream scenario that I thought it would be
Yeah, this one was produced by the folks who put together "Men", not those over The Daily Wire. Who previously graced us with Run, Hide, Fight

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Outside parts of West Texas & the panhandle, Texas is basically California lite especially Austin.
This is interesting. I never thought of it this way. I have been to Austin and it is very liberal and hipster. I never thought it was California lite because the media depicts Texans as very much like gun loving cattle ranchers. You are probably right though honestly.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
This is interesting. I never thought of it this way. I have been to Austin and it is very liberal and hipster. I never thought it was California lite because the media depicts Texans as very much like gun loving cattle ranchers. You are probably right though honestly.
Similar to New York. Outside of NYC itself, it's a hick state

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Really excited about watching this movie. Will be also released on IMAX.

It's an independent non-Hollywood movie (ie released by A24) but it sounds like a crazy premise of a formal theatrical release movie.

Sort of looks like Olympus Has Fallen vibe (2013) with Gerald Butler, but this one looks really fresh.

Kind of reminds me of looking at that movie 2012 in the year 2009, when the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 was getting intense around that time, but in the end, business as usual. Probably would be the same with this one too right?
I will always remember Gerard Butler's incomparable portrayal of Leonidas.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went and saw it and it is a pretty good movie. If you are looking to be politically triggered or some one-man army savior movie then you will be disappointed. It is basically about journalists that travel through a war-torn US.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Went and saw it and it is a pretty good movie. If you are looking to be politically triggered or some one-man army savior movie then you will be disappointed. It is basically about journalists that travel through a war-torn US.
A hybrid of The Road and Salvador, it would seem

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
If you want a good novel about revolution in the US, Unintended Consequences is a good one. It has some pretty harsh connotations and tends to lean heavy to the right, the author clearly does not like the LBTQIAXYZ-/:;()$&@“” crowd as well. However the political scenarios are at least marginally plausible.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
If you want a good novel about revolution in the US, Unintended Consequences is a good one. It has some pretty harsh connotations and tends to lean heavy to the right, the author clearly does not like the LBTQIAXYZ-/:;()$&@“” crowd as well
Not even the original cast of The L Word?