Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Civil War 2024 (trailer)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As was said above, geography is a necessary element of warfare. Take the state of Georgia as one example. A civil war there would basically be Atlanta vs everyone else. Cities couldn't survive as landlocked islands in a sea of opposite ideology.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This movie is being premiered on my birthday. Wow.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As was said above, geography is a necessary element of warfare. Take the state of Georgia as one example. A civil war there would basically be Atlanta vs everyone else. Cities couldn't survive as landlocked islands in a sea of opposite ideology.
Atlanta is basically Georgia lol

sevbucmash

Don Juan
Reaction score
looks dumb
Agreed.

United States enjoys exclusivity in this world. Victory in the second World War basically, first country to detonate nukes, and the most important thing is that U.S. Dollar is the world reserve currency. An American revolution is dumb, because it will rid the United States of this gold mine, the world reserve currency, and whatever is left will be on equal level with some 2nd world country at beast, something like Russia, or China. Secondly it is dumb because there is no need for revolution in the United States. Finally, the third reason is that combat footage shown is trash and this is not how wars are fought these days. This is how modern warfare looks like:

Furthermore, to win modern war you need a lot of resources. It is not enough to go buy guns at a store and dislike government because you received a tax bill. All those color revolutions all around the world are made by governments, three letter agencies, and is all lead for a cause, usually to rob people and reshape influences. Revolution is not something you just go out with like-minded individuals and start.

So I agree, dumb, cheap cinematics, retarded.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
United States enjoys exclusivity in this world. Victory in the second World War basically, first country to detonate nukes, and the most important thing is that U.S. Dollar is the world reserve currency. An American revolution is dumb, because it will rid the United States of this gold mine, the world reserve currency, and whatever is left will be on equal level with some 2nd world country at beast, something like Russia, or China. Secondly it is dumb because there is no need for revolution in the United States. Finally, the third reason is that combat footage shown is trash and this is not how wars are fought these days. This is how modern warfare looks like:
There is no true cohesive side in any fighting party to even fight a civil war because it is essentially urban vs rural. Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas have more in common with Los Angeles and San Francisco then do with Fort Stockton or Lufkin.

Furthermore, to win modern war you need a lot of resources. It is not enough to go buy guns at a store and dislike government because you received a tax bill. All those color revolutions all around the world are made by governments, three letter agencies, and is all lead for a cause, usually to rob people and reshape influences. Revolution is not something you just go out with like-minded individuals and start.
Yeah, when people start shouting WW3, I give a side eye. The US is the only country in the world that can sustain a full-scale modern war outside its doorstep and that is stretching it. The resources & globalism that go into modern warfare make a modern warfare version of WW3 literally impossible. In addition, countries are much more unified and cohesive now than they were pre cold war era. In WW2, we were basically fighting a bunch of over expanded/decaying empires holding on to decentralized & under-developed territory. Look at Russia vs Ukraine for example. Back then you might have just fought partisans and whatever leaders that could scrounge up the strongest armies, but now you are fighting a whole country.

sevbucmash

Don Juan
Reaction score
but now you are fighting a whole country
No you don't. Special forces come in different flavors. Navy Seals for example are used for anti-terrorism and storming, while green berets are like archeologists with arms, they can go in and organize color revolutions. There is no such thing as Russia vs Ukraine, it is Russia vs United States, it's a hybrid war -- which at this point is either being lost, or bad command is just a pretense to involve something larger.

But I do regress.

Because the subject is civil war within the United States. What are you talking about? Why? I can see purpose for civil war within Russia, though not the possibility or will, but within United States? I see no purpose. Unless the purpose is to take something good and make it worst, or destroy.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
So many experts. How many of you have actually been in combat?

Alumni 1991 73 Easting...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So many experts. How many of you have actually been in combat?

Alumni 1991 73 Easting...
I did a tour of rotc in the 90s and was in constant combat with my cadre of supervising officers. I fought them to a draw for years, until one day a Colonel finally bested me by slamming me into a wall repeatedly until I agreed to quit the Army.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I did a tour of rotc in the 90s and was in constant combat with my cadre of supervising officers. I fought them to a draw for years, until one day a Colonel finally bested me by slamming me into a wall repeatedly until I agreed to quit the Army.
Sorry to break it to ya, you were never in the Army brah.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to ya, you were never in the Army brah.
I signed an 11 year contract at the age of 19. They said they could put me in Leavenworth for quitting, but they didn't. My buddy who quit with me had a different scholarship and did end up in Leavenworth after they put a warrant out on him for desertion.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reviews have come up on youtube. Just saw a video-review and it looks like a movie that's best suited for watching when its released on streaming. It doesn't fit my expectations.

If anyone else watches the movie, please feel to post your experience about it. In the meantime, I think I'll pass on this one.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reviews have come up on youtube. Just saw a video-review and it looks like a movie that's best suited for watching when its released on streaming. It doesn't fit my expectations.

If anyone else watches the movie, please feel to post your experience about it. In the meantime, I think I'll pass on this one.
It's a fictional movie lol

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

Really excited about watching this movie. Will be also released on IMAX.

It's an independent non-Hollywood movie (ie released by A24) but it sounds like a crazy premise of a formal theatrical release movie.

Sort of looks like Olympus Has Fallen vibe (2013) with Gerald Butler, but this one looks really fresh.

Kind of reminds me of looking at that movie 2012 in the year 2009, when the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 was getting intense around that time, but in the end, business as usual. Probably would be the same with this one too right?
Having been a sucker for Post-Apocalyptic flicks since early adolescence, I'll give this a whirl

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole Texas allying with California is unreal is completely stupid. You have literal countries that have been to war with each other in the past allying with each other or the famous most pointless alliance in world history…The Axis powers.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Never thought I'd hear that Texas and California would be on the same side. They are usually polar opposites.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never thought I'd hear that Texas and California would be on the same side. They are usually polar opposites.
They are not lol. Even if this was true, you have seen UK and France ally together and an Aryan Ethnonationalist Dictator ally with an Asian country and Italy, so this is extremely far-fetched to say that Texas and California would never ally together.