Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Approaching women on cell phones

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anybody here had any experience approaching girls talking on the phone?

I have noticed that, nowadays, I see at least as many girls talking on the phone as not. I always considered them to be 'off limits', as they're on the phone. It seems rude, right? Well, a lot of times you have to be a bit 'rude' to get the girl. You don't get far by being too afraid to offend a girl.

Really, think about it. If you were sitting by yourself in a public place talking on your cell phone a and a girl sat next to you and started asking you questions, you'd end the conversation to pay attention to her, right? I know I would. So why should I assume a girl wouldn't do the same?

If it goes well, I can see it going about the same as when I run into a friend when he's on a cell phone. Do I leave him/her alone? Hell no. I'm twice as important as that plastic piece of junk stuck on your ear. Usually I say "Hey man" then ask a question, and most the time the person will tell whoever they're talking to "Ok, well I gotta go, talk to you later" and end the call. I'm thinking that there's a chance that a girl would too.

I'm going to try it out, with this approach: I'm going to act like I don't even notice the phone. Maybe sit down next to her, and ask her a question. See if she ends the call to talk to me. If not, oh well, guess it's time to go. If so - we've got high interest.

Anybody have any experience approaching girls on cell phones (don't say it 'seems' rude. I know it seems rude. have you tried it?)

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
Anybody have any experience approaching girls on cell phones (don't say it 'seems' rude. I know it seems rude. have you tried it?)
I once almost had one. I saw this HB walking towards me with her cell phone while I was on with mine. As we passed by each other I was laughing while talking on the phone and I smiled and exchanged eye contact with the chick walking passed me with her cellphone. I then told my friend on the phone real loud " Hold on a second I think I found something interesting" and I turned around to look at the HB and she looked back at me and blushed but continued walking past me. I couldn't hang up because it was a good friend of mine whom I didn't talk to for a long time and I didn't want to end the conversation for some stupid chick. But I am thinking to use that next time to pretend I am talking on the phone and then hang up on my fake phone call after I give her the line.

DjDamage

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a good one I tried that "sometimes" works ....

When the H0 is on the phone ... take out your cell phone, walk up near her, point at your phone as if she should give you her number and see what she does :D :D if she doesnt shoot you the bird , you may just get lucky with a number

Yall will be suprised at this .... also works when your driving on the freeway in 5 oclock traffic !

RockstarPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TxCowboy

When the H0 is on the phone ... take out your cell phone, walk up near her, point at your phone as if she should give you her number and see what she does :D :D if she doesnt shoot you the bird , you may just get lucky with a number

Yall will be suprised at this .... also works when your driving on the freeway in 5 oclock traffic !
Have you ever tried this? :rolleyes: Doubtfull... And even if you fluked out and actually got a number how solid would it be? A number doesn't relaly mean anything. You won't be able to Day 2 her with that type of a number close (unless you have amazing phone game or have found a very adventerous girl).

I have a lot of expearience doing it. Cell phones are hard.

I usually just talk like as if shes not on the phone and if she says 'im talking on the phone' I'll say "Hang up. I'm much more interesting than anyone esle you could be talking to".

It works pretty routinly.

You have to realize that sometimes you can't win. A girl may be having a serious serious convo (drama with a friend, mom dying, fight with boyfriend) and you have to reconzie these when you see them.

I remember I opened one girl that was on the phone and she said 'thats so rude..Im on the phone to my husband". I ignored her and kept talking and 10 mins later she gave me her # and admitted that she didnt have a husband. We hung out the next day. :)

Just go out and try different stuff.

~Rockstar

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just grab their phone and throw it away. Or if its a big phone, take it, and beat it over their head.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Unsuccessful attempt: "Hey you should talk to me on the phone," she smiled and said, "I can't."

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, stop her phone call. If you like her, stop her no matter what she is doing. Not only will you feel good, she will feel like she finally has meet a real man. :)

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Approaching women on cell phones

Originally posted by DJDamage
I couldn't hang up because it was a good friend of mine whom I didn't talk to for a long time and I didn't want to end the conversation for some stupid chick.DjDamage
That is an excuse. Call your friend again later. Why do you call her a "stupid chick"? Above you talked about how much you liked her and her nice smile. "Stupid" was only you not stopping her. Learn and do better next time.

But I am thinking to use that next time to pretend I am talking on the phone and then hang up on my fake phone call after I give her the line. DjDamage [/B]
:confused: WTF, don´t become a fake personality! No need to use shít like that only to stop a girl you like. ;)

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's just rude man. Imagine you are talking on the phone, and some chick comes up to you and starts bugging you.

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kidd
That's just rude man. Imagine you are talking on the phone, and some chick comes up to you and starts bugging you.
You are on the wrong road man.

We are not talking about busting on her while she wants to phone.

We are talking about stopping her phone call cause we like her and want to get to know her. Be sure, you will make her day if not her month.

But don´t forget to smile and to be nice to her and don´t come over as a weirdo. :)

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Approaching women on cell phones

Originally posted by milkman
That is an excuse. Call your friend again later. Why do you call her a "stupid chick"? Above you talked about how much you liked her and her nice smile. "Stupid" was only you not stopping her. Learn and do better next time.
A) My Life does not revolves around chasing every tail I see, she was not worth it for me to stop my conversation so I can sarge her, there are others and I felt like talking to my friend.

B)She was a stupid chick, she talked really loud on the phone and used alot of "like" and "whatever". I hate that.

C) Never said anywhere I liked her and her nice smile. Learn to read.

Originally posted by milkman
WTF, don´t become a fake personality! No need to use shít like that only to stop a girl you like
I don't even bother chasing girls with a cellphone since there are more girls out there with easier ways of talking to them, I DON'T FOCUS ON ONE GIRL.

I am just answering what the original poster wanted: A WAY OF TRYING TO TALK TO THEM WHILE ON THE CELL PHONE.

Another Newbie that thinks he knows everything:rolleyes:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done this and it actually worked. I've only done it once so I can't say whether it was a fluke or not.

It was a lot like DJD's post. I was waiting on a train and saw a woman nearby and decided to chat with her. I approached and it was when I was close enough to say something to her I noticed she had an ear-piece on and talking to someone on her cell.

Our eyes met and I mouthed an apology for not knowing she was on the phone (yes, I do feel that interrupting someone on the phone is rude). I took a step away to give her privacy and to give her another once over ;).

As my eyes moved back up her body our eyes met again. "Doh!" She caught me checking her out. She smiled, laughed and kept talking to whomever on the phone.

I had an idea and I took out my phone, pretended to dial and had a conversation with the imaginary person on the other end. I made sure she could hear me and said a couple of cliche type lines into the phone, (when I'd be home and what time we were going to meet for beers), I said (to the imaginary person) "I had better go, I'm standing next to a nice attractive woman on a cell who I'd hate to have turn into a b1tch because our conversation was disturbing hers."

I continued while looking at her, "No, she doesn't look like a b1tch but you know looks can be deceiving. Oh, she's wearing a skirt and a blouse. Yeah, it looks good on her but I think she was in a rush when she was picking out the right shoes. Yeah, straight up teenie bopper..."

She gives me a startled look and I say into the phone, "Hey, I'd better go, I think I'm going to find out that her looks are deceiving." Then I put away the phone.

She asks me what was wrong with her shoes and I made up some BS that it made her ankles look fat. :rolleyes: I know, but it was all that I could think of. She gave me another look and I said, "Fat ankles or not, I'd be seen in public with you," and I gave her a wink.

She asks me if I was asking her out on a date and I told her to give me her number and I'd consider it. She fvcking gave me her number! I'm getting a new respect for the whole C/F thing. :p

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
Has anybody here had any experience approaching girls talking on the phone?

I have noticed that, nowadays, I see at least as many girls talking on the phone as not. I always considered them to be 'off limits', as they're on the phone. It seems rude, right? Well, a lot of times you have to be a bit 'rude' to get the girl. You don't get far by being too afraid to offend a girl.

Really, think about it. If you were sitting by yourself in a public place talking on your cell phone a and a girl sat next to you and started asking you questions, you'd end the conversation to pay attention to her, right? I know I would. So why should I assume a girl wouldn't do the same?

If it goes well, I can see it going about the same as when I run into a friend when he's on a cell phone. Do I leave him/her alone? Hell no. I'm twice as important as that plastic piece of junk stuck on your ear. Usually I say "Hey man" then ask a question, and most the time the person will tell whoever they're talking to "Ok, well I gotta go, talk to you later" and end the call. I'm thinking that there's a chance that a girl would too.

I'm going to try it out, with this approach: I'm going to act like I don't even notice the phone. Maybe sit down next to her, and ask her a question. See if she ends the call to talk to me. If not, oh well, guess it's time to go. If so - we've got high interest.

I wouldn't unless i was just wasting time....

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TxCowboy

Yeah... you are very deserving of her # because you did that. :rolleyes: Where do you people come up with this crap?? That's worse than the "Are you single?" opener. Stop posting.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fu-ck girls on cellphones.
Cellphones are making everyone antisocial because they would rather talk to someone 100 miles away than people right around them. Women are cellphone addicts.... walking on campus, I see at LEAST 1/2 the girls on phones. Everytime I see one talking on a phone, I just want to take the phone and shove it right up their ass, and tell her I hope she dies early from a brain tumor. This goes for guys too who think they have to be on the thing all damn day.

Cellphones are basically a form of therapy for women. They have to be able to talk all the time, expressing their feelings to someone on the other end, no matter who it is. I have also heard that girls use phones to make it look like they have someone to talk to so hopefully others will think more highly of them.... as sad as that sounds, it's true. Above all, a woman thinks of her status, when choosing men to date or befriend, befriending women, and every other action. A phone is the perfect way to show people her "high" social status. Why do you think women always want the latest and greatest cellphone? Same reason.

What then do I think of approaching women on phones? I think, like before, fuc-k'em. They are most likely not talking about anything important. If you want to do it, go ahead. Sometimes I will pretend I am talking on the cellphone to someone just as a way to mock them, haha, when their having really loud conversations. Here a chick talking real loud and you can here every word of the convo? Pull your phone out, get close to the girl, and start your own convo: "SO YEAH, I WAS OVER AT HIS PARTY THE OTHER DAY, FU-CKING AWESOME MAN, ERIC WAS SO MESSED UP DUDE. WHY AM I TALKING SO LOUD? OH SORRY, I CAN BARELY HEAR MYSELF OVER THIS GIRL BESIDE ME." hahahahahahah.

I personally don't approach girls on phones, because I don't have any reason too, but if you want to, perhaps you should say something like,
"Hey, since you're not doing anything important, type your number in my phone."
Many guys worry about the girl being a bit-ch to them. So what if she is? You just found out by her reaction and saved yourself a lot of time.

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Approaching women on cell phones

C) Never said anywhere I liked her and her nice smile. Learn to read.
>>>>
I smiled and exchanged eye contact with the chick walking passed me with her cellphone. I then told my friend on the phone real loud " Hold on a second I think I found something interesting" and I turned around to look at the HB
Maybe I misunderstand you. You really didn´t say you liked here, you only said you were smiling and having eye contact with her and were turning around to look at the HB.

... I should learn to better read. ;)

I don't even bother chasing girls with a cellphone since there are more girls out there with easier ways of talking to them, I DON'T FOCUS ON ONE GIRL.
You should focus on the girls you like. If she is on a cell phone, yes, then you should focus on her.

Another Newbie that thinks he knows everything:rolleyes:
a) Do you mean me with newbie? If so, where do you know?
b) The people who know a lot usually know, that one should not talk bad about people who oneself doesn´t know.

Dude, stop this, it let you only appear insecure and weak. ;)

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a buddy move to Texas from Germany and was telling me about how much BS the cell phone business is in the American culture and I started arguing with him and saying this is who we are and for him to deal with it !

He,however, convinced me that this IS the reason we see so many people online all these dating sites and afraid to talk to new people. Too many people, talk to the same person over and over again each and every day about the most pointless cr@p just to burn minutes.

If any of you are in college you know what I mean. You get out of class, and everyone immediately flips on their phones and starts talking to the SAME person again and yet NO ONE even bothers to talk to each other. Its no wonder y this just gets more and more difficult as the years go by ....

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
Fu-ck girls on cellphones.
Cellphones are making everyone antisocial because they would rather talk to someone 100 miles away than people right around them. Women are cellphone addicts.... walking on campus, I see at LEAST 1/2 the girls on phones. Everytime I see one talking on a phone, I just want to take the phone and shove it right up their ass, and tell her I hope she dies early from a brain tumor. This goes for guys too who think they have to be on the thing all damn day.

Cellphones are basically a form of therapy for women. They have to be able to talk all the time, expressing their feelings to someone on the other end, no matter who it is. I have also heard that girls use phones to make it look like they have someone to talk to so hopefully others will think more highly of them.... as sad as that sounds, it's true. Above all, a woman thinks of her status, when choosing men to date or befriend, befriending women, and every other action. A phone is the perfect way to show people her "high" social status. Why do you think women always want the latest and greatest cellphone? Same reason.

What then do I think of approaching women on phones? I think, like before, fuc-k'em. They are most likely not talking about anything important. If you want to do it, go ahead. Sometimes I will pretend I am talking on the cellphone to someone just as a way to mock them, haha, when their having really loud conversations. Here a chick talking real loud and you can here every word of the convo? Pull your phone out, get close to the girl, and start your own convo: "SO YEAH, I WAS OVER AT HIS PARTY THE OTHER DAY, FU-CKING AWESOME MAN, ERIC WAS SO MESSED UP DUDE. WHY AM I TALKING SO LOUD? OH SORRY, I CAN BARELY HEAR MYSELF OVER THIS GIRL BESIDE ME." hahahahahahah.

I personally don't approach girls on phones, because I don't have any reason too, but if you want to, perhaps you should say something like,
"Hey, since you're not doing anything important, type your number in my phone."
Many guys worry about the girl being a bit-ch to them. So what if she is? You just found out by her reaction and saved yourself a lot of time.
i agree with this post

anyway an example i can give was when me and my friend was at a resturant he was single and i wasnt so he wanted to chat this hb9 and her ugly hb5 friend so i did him a favour and became his wing we got up went to the table we introduced our selves, while im winging this hb5 the hb9 was on her phone while my friend kept chating the hb9 she said excuse me but cant you see im on the phone?
my friend got up and walked away with shame while i laughed and ended my convo with them politely.
think b4 you approach guys.he didnt make eye contact b4 he appraoched i wasnt looking at them but he could see them and claimed they were giving him buying signals when they wernt at the end he chickened out and left me to finish the job with an hb5 i didnt find attractive the hb9 wasnt nice too start with she was the *****y type. the funny thing was that i saw this same hb9 on the bus two days later she smilled at me and was shy as hell when we talked couldnt look me in the face allways looking down but she had a kid and that put me off. many women arnt confident without thier wing women around thats why many use cellphones to hide thier lonliness. by the way she took out her cell phone after our convo and pretended to chat someone many girls do this my current girlfriend used to chat a guy and call him baby all the time to make me feel she had a man after i got her she admitted she didnt have a man so it was all bull****, her friends said she did that to make me feel she had alotta guys after her.