"you're *sooooooooo* mean!"

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have this said to them? After I neg some girls they say "Wow your sooo mean!" Is this a good sign?

This is one situation which i've heard that in:

Girl: You're looking good!
Me: Wow I always look good. Wish I could say the same about you! *wink* *hand on shoulder*
Girl: You're soooo mean!

Fluid

Don Juan
Reaction score
if the girl smiles when she says that i take it as a compliment

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no need whatsoever to antagonize a girl who is obviously interested/attracted to you on some level.

A better response would be:

Me: Yeah I always look good. I just can't stop!
Girl: Oh my God! (playful punch)(panties wetten)

See? You came off as ****y, but not too ****y.

Now if you want to make fun of a girl, bust on her personality/clothes/quirks. But just don't call her ugly. You didn't call her ugly but you implied it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Crimson Tide

Banned
Reaction score
Would you people get over this "C&F" crap. It's getting old, seriously.

Me: Thanks :smiles:

Learn how to take a compliment.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh okay HolyG, I see what you're saying now.

And crimson I'm trying to turn acceptance of looks into attraction, but I see what you're saying man. That was the whole reason why I replied to the girl with a neg. If a girl starts a conversation like that, why not just keep conversing on the same topic? Less chance of screwing up and talking about something shes not interested in. Looks are important to almost anyone.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Me: Wow I always look good. Wish I could say the same about you! *wink* *hand on shoulder*
Girl: You're soooo mean!
I am just going to post what Gio said a week ago

Giovanni Casanova said:
Negging is almost always a dumb idea because most of the people who try to do it are complete f*cking idiots.

SOSUAVE GUY: Hey, how you doin?
HB 8.431: Oh, well, I'm okay I guess.
SOSUAVE GUY: Really? You look like maybe you just crawled out of bed.
HB 8.431: I didn't.
SOSUAVE GUY: You sure have got some big feet.
HB 8.431: Um...
SOSUAVE GUY: Nice purse. Is that your grandmother's?
HB 8.431: Actually, my grandmother just died last weekend. (starts crying)
SOSUAVE GUY: Holy sh*t, when you cry and your mascara runs, you look like that one girl on Heroes that cries oil.
HB 8.431: (sobbing) Why are you being so mean?
SOSUAVE GUY: So, like, when do you want me to stick my penis in you?
HB 8.431: I never want to see you again!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend and friends always call me mean, but do they really mean it?

No, it means in womaneze "Your so funny, but your being mean."

comic_relief

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
My girlfriend and friends always call me mean, but do they really mean it?

No, it means in womaneze "Your so funny, but your being mean."

comic_relief
That's different. There is a certain comfort level between your girlfriend and friends, that know you and your style.

But if you are gaming a new girl who doesn't know you like her and you come up with line " Wow I always look good. Wish I could say the same about you!" after she just complimented you, then you just come off as a condescending a$$hole.

When someone complaiments you, don't neg her, but thank her. Just thanking her would not make you look "less" in her eyes, she already likes you.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Ah I guess so, but alot of people stress negs here so I thought why not seize the opportunity?
You still don't understand negs. It is not meant to insult. It is meant for a girl who thinks she is hot sh1t to qualify herself to you. If she is already complimenting you then you are in a good position.

LostAndConfused said:
So how about a C+F approach, saying something like "Thanks, but I always look good!"
Better, but its still condescending. You are not here to make yourself laugh, with C&F you are here to make her laugh and feel good. You can use "thanks, but I always look good" and then flip your collar up and strike a pose like zoolander: http://www.adiumxtras.com/images/pictures/zoolander_dock_icons_20630_img_692.png

Now that's funny, you don't come off as condesending but with an actual sense of humor and now you have more to talk and steer the conversation to this movie or other movies.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crimson Tide said:
Me: Thanks :smiles:

Learn how to take a compliment.
I like this guy....
It's true, just taking the compliment is GREAT!

If I compliment a girl I hate when she wishy washes around it "whatever i dont usually" or "its just the makeup".. im like always thinkin 'just say thank you, you retard'... And could you imagine if a girl neg'd you because you complimented her.

you: you look good!
her: I always look good. Wish I could say the same about you

you know in your head you would be like "what a b!tch", if not verbally.

....its really about social intelligence and vibing. Most of the time you should focus on being a COOL GUY.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newbies DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT USE NEGS HOLY SH1T.

Negs are the one thing that screwed me up years ago. I came off as an ******* and my friends/girls I was hitting up didn't have the balls to call me out on it, but they were just annoyed.

I realized this when another buddy started doing what I've been doing and I was hanging out w/my friends and they were like "damn he's not even funny...I wish he'd STFU and realize he's not as cool as he fakes to be." I was like..."damn."

Keep it REAL. Keep it SIMPLE. Flirt BACK!

Compliment her BACK! She qualified you, so you respond...a sign to say you're interested:

EXAMPLE:

Girl: hey you look nice today!
Me: Thanks, I like your necklace (PERFECT TIME FOR KINO)

---reach out and play with it---

Me: where'd you get it?
Girl: oh my blah blah gave it to me for my blah blah blah
Me: cool, looks good on you. feels really smooth too
Girl: blah blah blah
Me: alright well, I gotta go walk around campus and get more compliments from cute girls about my look. ;) we'll catch up sometime.
Girl: haha ok I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
Me: haha...yes...I love me too.

yeah sometime like that would work. be a master of SUBTLE communication...chicks will PICK UP ON THIS SH1T. They will OBSESS and think over it....like fvckin AFCs!!! Use this to your advantage "omg he touched my necklace...what's he think of me...why was he looking at me so deeply...haha he's def joking about getting more girls to compliment him...wait...what is he REALLY going to do then? """ etc...chicks are insane

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cyp6 said:
I used to use negs to bring girls down to my level, but now a days I use complements to bring them up to mine. Negging only work when your very very playful at it.
exactly, I like c/f more then negs. I never really used negs that much either.

comic_relief

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cyp6 said:
I used to use negs to bring girls down to my level, but now a days I use complements to bring them up to mine. Negging only work when your very very playful at it.
I only use negs now to even the playing field. Even then, I've used maybe 1(2 is possible) neg(s) in the grand total of approaches I've done this month. Its a good skill to know, but it should only be used when you absolutely need to.