Your hardest rejection

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So we have threads like "biggest AFC move" and "most obvious comeone that was missed" so lets do a "rejection that stung the worst." It seems fitting.

So here's mine. I'll admit, my story is so terribly cliche when I write it down. I'm a senior in high school at the time. Prom is rolling around. My best friend is a girl and she wants me to go with her. She has a boyfriend that has already graduated and the such. I told her I didnt' want to go with her because that's taking the easy way out.

So I was talking to this hb 8.5 cheerleader. Juicy rump on this girl. She mentioned that her and another girl friend of hers had planned on going stag. I had always been really afraid of rejection, but I said "McKindley, you got to grab your balls and go for it." So I asked her. I asked a super hot cheerleader to prom. She says "Oh, I should check with my friend. Since we had planned on going stag together."

So I'm feeling good. Felt like I could probably pull this one off. Over the course of the next week she had not talked to me. Finally, I asked her after class "so do you want to go to prom with me?" She says "Oh, I'm going with another guy, actually."

I quite literally was lightheaded on the way to my next class. That rejection stung the worst. I ended up going with my best friend just because I couldn't handle another rejection like that at the time.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting negged by 20 something publishers . . .

Getting barred from a holy temple for the way I was dressed by a man in a loin cloth . . .

Not getting into Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Williams, and a bunch of other perfect places . . .

Or did you mean female rejections?

It would have to be 7th grade, I finally got paired with this girl I liked for some project after idolizing her for most of the year and she said, "Eww, you're stinky," in front of the whole class.

Or maybe college, freshman year, I sat next to this chick in the cafeteria and said Hi, she looks at me and asks if there is not anywhere else in the entire cafeteria that I could sit, "please." Damn, I was so shocked, I didn't even get up and leave.

Or maybe college, senior year, I call up this girl from CS class about going to a movie, thought we hit it off in class, she says her cousin is visiting and she can't. I said, how about next week then, it's still playing, she says, oh, her cousin will probably still be there. I asked when her cousin might be leaving, she said, probably not for for quite awhile. Right, got it.

Or maybe after college, driving home with this girl, she puts her head on my shoulder in the car, then told me it was too bumpy and she wanted to go home.

Or . . . but you get the idea. The good news is each one hurts less than the last and by the time you're wife leaves you for your fat neighbor or a client makes jokes at your expense in front of a roomful of board members or your employees go on strike while holding up a key project for ransom . . . you've realized it is all about *them* and has nothing to do with you. Most people, quite simply, have their head firmly planted in their azz most of the time. Interpret their actions accordingly.

"Rejection. Can't live with it, can't live without it."

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fawk, I've never really had a female reject me (not like that at least). Hope my streak continues!

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
I think this is a good thread, except all of you take your hard rejections too seriously. Let me tell you about my worst rejection.

So I'm at this shoe store, and I see this older looking girl, and I remember this line I heard in the HS forum the other day. So I go try it out.

Dan: Do you have the time?
HB: Yeah, one thirty
Dan: Well, now that I've got you talking...(sly grin)
HB: ::Disgusted look and walks away::.

Maybe it was the fact that I was using canned material that made me not care, but I found the whole thing hilarious. The look on her face was priceless. And also, it was my first approach in a while so I felt good just about doing it.

So you see, the worst case scenario is not that bad.

Crusader

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gentleman193
"Eww, you're stinky," in front of the whole class.
"You're only smell yourself, honey.Maybe it's time to replace that pad!"

Or maybe college, freshman year, I sat next to this chick in the cafeteria and said Hi, she looks at me and asks if there is not anywhere else in the entire cafeteria that I could sit, "please." Damn, I was so shocked, I didn't even get up and leave.
"What's the matter? Are you too lazy to move your ass? What's next? Will you say later in life you're too lazy to work or will you find some dumbass who will treat you like a princess? You know what? Go sit with your barbie girl friends."

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh man rejections are part of life. until you can suck it up and learn from them, you won't get anywhere.

i once took a girl to a club and she started kissing another guy there. and i was her ride... hahahahaha.

dated this girl for about a month and she took off to college and never spoke to me again. never even said bye to me... damn that was cold.

those are probably the 2 worst. there are so many minor rejections it would take me hours to list them all. i stopped caring because all of them have helped me learn how to win in this game.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That reminded me KnickKnack...

My oneitis would date a guy for 6 weeks. Literally, she was like clock work. The whole time I knew her, there were like 8 of them. When the 6 week mark came up, she would stand them up, then never return their calls when they called to find out what was up. They would just fade away... ( I think she thought she would have to put out at the 6 week mark. She never did the whole time I knew her)...

Man that b1tch was wacked!!! AND was I an idiot for falling for her....LOL....

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A site "full" of DJ's and only 6 have had rejection? Hmm. . .

Looks like some of you aren't approaching

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most common is the look of sheer and utter disgust, sometimes accompanied with the raise of a hand....its probably one of the most unattractive looks a girl can give....

While in the bar,if I'm enebriated enough to sink to their level I have said:

1.) "Oh, I didn't realize you were trashy." (if the girl is ugly, and I'm offended)

2.) "Your parents must be lovely people." (sarcastically of course)

3.) "Will you put in a good word for me to your friend..." (sly grin)

Usually I'll tell them to have a wonderful evening, but you have those moments when you slip.....

learningtopimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My prom story is quite interesting also. At the time, I was an AFC but I had dated one or 2 girls before, although each lasted a few months. I had gotten down before with both those girls but they were hos :rolleyes: I didn't have much balls at the time, I only asked the girls because I knew they would say yes and they weren't that hot. So when prom time came around, I knew I could ask a girl I was good friends with, but I didn't. First girl I was giong to ask was an HB who worked on the newspaper with me. My boys were like go for it, they even left the copy room so I could be alone with her and ask her, but I did ask with no confidence. I was like "Will you go to the prom with me?" like a puzzy, and of course she said no. I was not happy. Next girl was about 3 days later, I went up to an HB 6 Indian girl (although she looked Mexican). I had known her for years, our parents were friends, etc. But she rejected me. I felt like **** now, and I was getting desperate. So I went after girl #3, an Asian girl who was cute but not great. I knew her also, through a club I was in. I didn't have the balls to ask and get rejected, so I wrote her a note and had her friend give it to her. Talk about AFC. I told her not to tell me her response but rather to call me. She called and said no. Last I went up to a random girl, HB 8 Persian. This girl was SMOKING! I was like **** it's the week before prom, she had rejected 2 other guys, BUT I had nothing to lose. If she said no, I would just give up. So I saw her in the courtyard, and I randomly walked up to her, and said "Hey, I'm learningtopimp." She was like oh hi, and smiled, shook hands. I was like I'm planning on going to the prom...would u like to go with me? She thought for 5 seconds and was like yeah, I will. :D If I hadn't found the balls wouldn't have happened. So it goes to show, when you fear rejection the least, as I did in this situation, you may get the best results.

ddboswell

Reaction score
My worst rejection was in the seventh grade. My hommie had just started to go with this cute lil girl and she had a pretty attractive friend. So I talked to his girlfriend to see if she'd hook me up, and she said that she would tell her friend about me in her class and point me out to her in lunch. So, when we got to lunch my friends girl had told me that her friend wanted to see how I looked. At that moment we all saw her coming out of the lunch line, and my friends girl got her attention and pointed to me. The girl just shook her had "no," and walked away. Later on that day my hommie and I called his girl to see what her friend said, and she said that I was too ugly.

Don't cry for me! I was going through pueberty at the time and had a little case of acne. My senior year in high school that same girl had a crush on me.

slipstreamer83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, yes, mine is the classical one.

***DISCLAIMER*** Please don´t slap me for what I´m going to say. I´m not that guy anymore!!! jajajaja.

I told this cute girl who´d been my friend for some months that she liked me. She told me that "by the moment" she didn´t feel anything for me.

A pair of months later, I wrote her a letter telling her that I loved her!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She told me she felt very appreciated, but that she didn´t feel what I felt (at least she wasn´t too tough on me).

That was in April this year. Then in May I concluded that I could not be able to get girls for any reason and that I should give up, do my duties and wait when it came to girls.

In June, I visited one site where one man said that I was doing all the wrong things... and that´s when things started to change for me.

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much the same situation as slip, I changed since April-May time. I still don't go outta my way to ask girls out, well asked 1 and got 1 postponed date, so thats a maybe.

Worst rejection was that last one, going out with her for 5-6weeks, house party, I pass out, go to her room a few hours later and she was in bed with someone else.
Yep, I realised she was a ***** and got over her by the tuesday

slipstreamer83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian1983
Pretty much the same situation as slip, I changed since April-May time. I still don't go outta my way to ask girls out, well asked 1 and got 1 postponed date, so thats a maybe.

Worst rejection was that last one, going out with her for 5-6weeks, house party, I pass out, go to her room a few hours later and she was in bed with someone else.
Just like me. I hanged out with my friends this New Year, and in the first hours we were in that disco I was feeling pretty confident and playful but didn´t do anything because I saw many girls moving all the time and I didn´t see a really good opportunity to do what I had to.

However, as the night went through I saw very good opportunities and I didn´t do anything, because I was tired and because I had lost that initial confidence.

But I realized that the rest of the guys are a bunch of AFCs, whose first interaction with a girl is touching her everywhere without saying a word. Girls were obviously rejecting left and right. I didn´t see one of the guys approaching with very confident body language, telling something to her and making her laugh - NO ONE!! And I could have done it so easily... but I didn´t have the confidence.

Anyway, I think that solving a personal issue I have at home should help me. I have been into this new stuff for half a year without solving my home problem, so I have just absorbed a bunch of info and I haven´t been able to make it work with 100% confidence. Hope to solve my problem soon and start again to see if my confidence can boost up not only when I approach girls, but on a 24/7 basis:) .

Oh, I have gone a bit off-topic:eek: . Yes Crusader, it also makes me feel better!!!:D We laugh with everyone´s rejections!!:D

fizzy

Reaction score
In 7th grade when my best friend kissed this boy I thought I was extremely in love with. They played spin the bottle while I wasn't around and I eventually found out, had a fit, cried a bunch and we didn't talk for about 2 months. I was incredibly heartbroken, even if I was only 12.

And in 8th grade when one of my best guy friends I thought I was absolutely in love with started a fight with me. We never made up and he eventually moved away about 5 months after that. A perfectly good friendship wasted away over a few stupid actions. Quite sad, really. I still think about him a lot but oh well.

There's also the few times at dances and stuff when I would ask a guy to dance and he would refuse. Then he walks over to one of my gorgeously pretty girlfriends and shake it up and dance like crazy with them. Once, one of the guys I asked told my friends that he would never dance with me because I'm not pretty enough. Something as stupid as rejecting me for a dance, but I was really pissed off and hurt, as well as wanting to shoot his mouth off.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian1983

Call me evil or whatever but I find the latter part about you finding her in bed with someone else hilarious. I Laughed so bad I almost sprouted water out my nose.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a date to prom with this girl (we'll call her Rebecca) before spring break. Over spring break, I went to spain with her sister, Kate. Kate and I hit it off really well, despite her boyfriend being on the trip with us. We get back to the states, and she breaks up with him. I'm thinking it's my time to step up.

At prom her sister flaked out on me a lot :mad:, so I got in some awesome dances with Kate. I'd be gridning one girl and Kate would come up to me and rub her hands all over me (which I enjoyed :D). We got to the slow dance and all I remember was her looking up at me, I thought everything was perfect. Didn't kiss close, cause I was a dumb ass.

After that it gets ugly. I slowly drifted back to AFC mode because my mind was clouded. Ended up going to her house and telling her that I liked her and wanted to be more than friends (yeah, big mistake).

Everything went downhill from there. She finally called me and told me that she didn't like me like that. I hung up the phone, but to my credit I moved on very quickly, and kept making the sandwich I was working on in the kitchen :D

To sum it up, I'll leave you with a quote from Robert Evans:

"Never pull a surprise on a lady," she smiled. "Ever!"

My college education.

Reaction score
Hmm worst rejection for me..... Well most girls here in Oz are not as brutal as those U.S. and canadian chicks. I've never been laughed at or told to fvck off.... yet;)

I get turned down more gently, some have said "sorry no thanks, not really interested" touche'.. or "yeah no I don't think so, I'm too busy" or my personal fav, the classic "No, I've got a boyfriend already" If I have a dollar for everytime I heard that one I could retire.