Your best opening lines or advice for bars

Dynasty32

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some of your guys favorite opening lines to say to girls or a girl by herself in a bar? What are some of your best techniques or stragies to talk about with them?

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Happy Mother's Day to one hot mamma."

Works every time, ALL the time.

way2smart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would advice against opening a conversation with a complement.
Never complement a girl if you want to seduce her.
It kills all the attraction and just makes you look AFC.

Instead you need to be polite and start a convo with something completely different. Then her hamster will start spinning and she will start doubting herself and asking questions like "Does he like me?" ,
"Am I pretty?" , "Why doesn't he complement me?"
That's how you build attraction.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey.. how's it going?"

Crazy I know.. then I follow that up with "are you having fun?" Or "How are you?" Even tho it is redundant because I just asked "how's it going" ... epic crazy I know.

Nuff said. Just approach. Never over think approaching.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
way2smart said:
Mauser96 has been posting some Corey Wayne videos lately, so I've been watching a few of them. He says that opening with a compliment makes a big impact on a girl, because most guys don't have the nerve to come up and say something like that to a girl.

I'm not saying that's true, but that's what Corey Wayne says. I've never been one to give a lot of compliments, but maybe that's a mistake.

way2smart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Mauser96 has been posting some Corey Wayne videos lately, so I've been watching a few of them. He says that opening with a compliment makes a big impact on a girl, because most guys don't have the nerve to come up and say something like that to a girl.

I'm not saying that's true, but that's what Corey Wayne says. I've never been one to give a lot of compliments, but maybe that's a mistake.
I have seen several videos of Corey Wayne, and I don't agree nor like some of the stuff he teaches.

He keeps saying if a girl rejects you to tell them "Let me know if you change your mind", which is beta as fvk. Saying that, implies that you will be patiently waiting for that girl forever. Real men, never say that, they are in control and they will get the hell away from any girl who doesn't show any interest and will never even consider speaking with them, let alone "let them know if they change their mind".

Any girl who hears "Let me know if you change your mind" will always think that you will always be there for her like a puppy and rightfully so. You don't want the girl to think that she can have you any time she wants. Women hate men who are too available and whom they can have any time they want.

MrMidnight

Reaction score
This is a general question that gets asked a lot. The actual answer doesn't depend on where you are (in this case a bar), it depends on who you are and where you are in your life.

Actually starting decent conversations happens long before you actually walk into a bar. Did you dress decent? Check your stank, do you smell good? Hows your comfort level in your own skin?

A lot of people think their problem is what they are saying, when in reality its what they are doing. Most of the best sets you'll open wont require any great opening line, you'll be suprised at how little that matters when you're constantly dealing with complicated relationships.

Anyways, I usually feel like I look pretty decent when I go out. I had caught the last part of 8 Mile on some channel and saw how Eminem had reversed everything on Papa Doc at the end of the movie. I thought it would be funny to try "Opposites Opening" for a night and its actually kinda stuck with me.

It fits me because Im a decent looking guy (not a model or anything spectacular, but I clean up nice) and me AND the girl Im opening know that Im bull****ting. She knows Im flirting. That makes things easier.

You can give it a shot, see how it works for you.

"Hey, hate to bother you, Im really only here for the big girls. You're teeth are way to white for me, but I guess I can stand you for a few minutes if you're into guys with really small hands."

She usually checks out my hands, grabs them, whatever. Tells me they arent small, I tell her they are in the hands of the women I like. Its funny. She laughs... carry on.

You'll quit worrying about opening when you start having fun with it and try things that you never thought would work. Thats how you'll really find what works for you.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
way2smart said:

Instead you need to be polite and start a convo with something completely different. Then her hamster will start spinning and she will start doubting herself and asking questions like "Does he like me?" ,
"Am I pretty?" , "Why doesn't he complement me?"
That's how you build attraction.
zekko said:
He says that opening with a compliment makes a big impact on a girl, because most guys don't have the nerve to come up and say something like that to a girl.

[...]I've never been one to give a lot of compliments, but maybe that's a mistake.

compliments should be sparse and negs abundant if she's really hot, the opposite if shes not.

if she's like 8+ then neg her and spare the compliments, if she's like 7- then compliment her and spare the negs.

hot girls get complimented all the time, they're used to it and it probably doesn't mean much to them. meanwhile average girls aren't used to constantly being hit on and complimented so compliments have stronger effects

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
way2smart said:
Any girl who hears "Let me know if you change your mind" will always think that you will always be there for her like a puppy and rightfully so. You don't want the girl to think that she can have you any time she wants. Women hate men who are too available and whom they can have any time they want.
I know what you're saying, and I agree. But I don't think he means he is going to be sitting around waiting for her, he is going to be going out and getting other women.

If the girl is straight up not interested in you, yeah I don't like that answer. But maybe she has some interest in you, but it isn't a good time for her, maybe she is in a relationship or something. In that case, maybe letting her know you might see her at a better time somewhere down the line might not be a bad idea.

devilkingx2 said:
hot girls get complimented all the time, they're used to it and it probably doesn't mean much to them. meanwhile average girls aren't used to constantly being hit on and complimented so compliments have stronger effects
Yeah, I don't agree with Corey Wayne when he says only the "top 3%" of guys have the nerve to compliment girls. I agree with you, the most beautiful women hear it all the time, but it might have a stronger effect on more average girls, because they aren't quite so jaded.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll go up and just bust on what they're drinking in a funny way, sort of a neg I guess.

Then I'll suggest something they might like better & go from there.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Yeah, I don't agree with Corey Wayne when he says only the "top 3%" of guys have the nerve to compliment girls. I agree with you, the most beautiful women hear it all the time, but it might have a stronger effect on more average girls, because they aren't quite so jaded.
i'm pretty sure it's more like, only the bottom 3% of guys lack the courage to compliment a pretty girl when they see one.