You think... You lose...

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my spare time I like to play video games with my good buddy. Now, we like to play one video game against each other called; Madden NFL. He is usually, better than me at this game. So, I asked him; "How are you so good. Do you play alot?" He says: "No, but i'll tell you this. If you think, you loose."

That quote or meaning he said to me. Struck some chords in my mind. Since, this site is about women I thought this could be a good tip for you guys. You see, some of you guys gaming women think way too much. Your thinking about; her body language, does she like me, what do I say, how do I get her number, should I move in for the kiss and ect...

Forget about all that stuff. What you need to be doing is playing the game! The only thing you should be thinking about when gaming women is.. Is she fit for me? What can she do for me? What kind of girl is she really? Sorry, this may not be the most detailed advice. But, the bottom line here is that, you guys need to stop thinking/worrying so much. Just play the game....
Hopefully, you guys understand what I'm saying.

SparkleMotion

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are confusing 'thinking' with being insecure.

If you don't think you lose. For if we don't 'think', how are we suppose to recognize IOIs? How are we supposed to read and react to social interactions if we don't think about them?

It sounds more like you are saying "second guess yourself and you lose..". Which is absolutely true.

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the OP means if you think 'too much' you will lose. By thinking too much, you're not going to concentrate on the 'right now' but think too much about the later. This heavy thinking will show in your body language and the way you pplay your communication with her- you will send signals of insecurity---> thus lose the girl's interest.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It's similar to a fight. You can learn as many "moves" as you want, but in a real fight you don't have time to think. Your opponent will give you the slightest opening and as soon as you see it, you need to be into your motion or attack. It doesn't have time to get up to the software and process...it needs to be a hardwired response. Automatic.

And the only way you get things like that to be automatic is repeated drilling, so when the opening occurs, you don't HAVE to know it or even think about it. You FEEL it and you just start acting the way you've been trained to act.

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's similar to a fight. You can learn as many "moves" as you want, but in a real fight you don't have time to think. Your opponent will give you the slightest opening and as soon as you see it, you need to be into your motion or attack. It doesn't have time to get up to the software and process...it needs to be a hardwired response. Automatic.
This is an awesome example- I'm gona use this one in the future

Reaction score
squirrels said:

And the only way you get things like that to be automatic is repeated drilling, so when the opening occurs, you don't HAVE to know it or even think about it. You FEEL it and you just start acting the way you've been trained to act.
Well, that's how they teach CQC. Makes sense, and so does the analogy.