You Can Learn ALOT from an *******

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about all the self-proclaimed *******s you've ever known. Not the depressed, miserable, I hate my life and don't talk to anybody losers. But the people who when attacked with "You're an a-hole" proudly proclaim...."Yes I am!".

Just to name a few think Gordon Ramsey, Simon Cowell, Tucker Max. They all have something in common. They are completely rude and ****headed and will test your patience when around them.

But get past all the name calling, degrading or character, and anger they arisie inside of you. These are the perfect trainers to becoming a Don Juan. They will not ease up on you until you can fight back. How do you fight back? By becoming competent and honest in whatever it is you're doing. They will point out your flaws, make any little mistake and they will use it for all it's worth. I personally believe that *******s are the cure to laziness, becoming more assertive, and speaking your mind. They force you to be aware of the silly incompitent things you do. They force you to think quickly. They are a wake-up call.

If you lash out in anger you loose
If you bring yourself to their level you loose
If you passively try to ignore them you loose
If you go home and cry about what they said you loose

Why? Cus they know you can't handle it.

Dude, I live in Boston and there are no shortage of *******s up here. Believe me. The thing is, alot of these people have a certain level of reasonablity that you must find. If you stay on your toes and have strong conviction that what you're doing is right than an a-hole can be your best friend. If you exaggerate about how good you are at something and can't handle the criticism, they'll question it and eventually expose you.

On the other hand if they say something that's completely false but mean spirited it really shouldn't bother you in the least because you can defend yourself with facts. A-hole love facts. Disarmed.

Learn to deal with that intial nervousness, frustration, and anger that they cause you and you'll be able to deal with ANY chicks **** tests with ease. Don't try to avoid such an experience, it truly is something worthwhile. Uncomfortable, but definitely worth it.

Feeling lazy or out of energy? Go spend some time with an a-hole.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
worst... advice... EVER

it may be fun to hang out with one of the @$$holes every couple days, but if you hang out with a friend that is like this every day. You will be emotionally and physically drained by this person. It is not worth it and they are not DJ potential. They are @$$holes. My "friend" is just jealous of me and that i have a ton of friends, a girlfriend, and can have a great life that relaxes all the time.

It is better to hang out with true DJ's, then jerks and @$$H013$. They may teach you to be something, but not something good.

comic_relief

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not completely true. Here check out this post about Jesus from Pook's Blog. I think it's a good explanation of the way your supposed to be:

One of the problems about reading any great works is that they tend to enter cliche. There was a woman who, after reading Hamlet, thought it was nothing but a play of cliches (since the play is so often quoted, parodied, referenced, etc.). The same occurs with the New Testament.

Jesus has been portrayed in modern media as a type of wild eye hippie, who he and his followers held hands and sang kumbaya. It is no surprise that many think Jesus was a feminized nice guy who everyone loved.

But the Gospels contradict this image entirely. Jesus was a jerk. And by jerk, I mean it in the good way as in the divide between Nice Guy Vs. Jerk. Jesus defied practically everyone and told the most learned scholars in that era that they were wrong. He spoke parables and never seemed to care what anyone thought of him.

"When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the Temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords and drove all from the Temple, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said: 'Get out of here.' (John 2:13-16)

WHOA! Jesus had BALLS. He made a whip, kicked over tables, and drove the money changers from the temple!

Reader, have you kicked over tables, drove sellers away, or even begun whipping people in public? Far from being a wimp, Jesus could get angry, heaven help you if you stood in his way.

But... surely Jesus decided to bring peace and unity among all men... a type of pre-pre-pre-pre-proto-seed of the usual United Nations type dream... Let us read below:

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household." (Matthew 10:34-36 NASB)
The Lukan parallels read:

"I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" ... "Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three."... (Luke 12:49,51-53 NASB)

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:26 NASB)
Jesus was no diplomat but a trouble maker, a true jerk. He wanted to divide people, for the good to be good and set itself apart from the wicked. But it is clear that Jesus is not an appeaser and certainly didn't believe in appeasement. It sounds like he wanted people to stand for their beliefs in Him even if it meant going against their family or town. Jesus cared not a whit for *****footing.

While it is true the shortest verse in the Bible was, "Jesus wept", Jesus wept because his friend had died. It is a huge distortion to say that Jesus cried all the time or was some depressed Goth or hippie. Jesus told a woman, who was so busy washing and preparing things, to stop and join him. When a disciple asked about leaving to bury his father, Jesus told him no since "let the dead bury the dead". Jesus spoke with the authority of great teacher and not as a scribe which astonished everyone. (Today, in democracies, everyone always believes they are little geniuses but back then, a peasant knew his place. Jesus was radical.)

Jesus did not try to get along with the religious rulers of his time. He openly defied them and told others to do the same. To Pontius Pilate, he never recognized his power but told him, "The only power you have has been granted from my Father above..." This Jesus was the total opposite of a Nice Guy, he was the greatest jerk History has ever seen.

"But Pook!" you might say, "he did not use violence or act like a thug! Truely, he cannot be said to be jerk like." But people LOVE those who commit violence and act like thugs. Just witness the beautiful women visiting maximum security prisons or the current media frenzy in America around the supposed killer of the Ramsey girl. No wonder the crowd freed Barboras. Two thousand years ago, at the height of the Roman Empire, violence and force were common and the way. To be a jerk then was to defy that social template. And Jesus kept defying again and again and again.

Far from being loved by everyone, Jesus was greatly despised. No wonder the political swords went out for him. And it is no wonder why certain people relished his torture and eventual crucifixion. While Jesus has been displayed as some pretty boy with a girlish aura and long hair, I suspect he had more of a testosterone "bad ass" sense about him.

For you struggling Nice Guys out there and those who are trying to purge Nice Guyism from their systems, remember that Jesus was a jerk, not a Nice Guy. He was assertive, he never appeased. He did not wilt when it came to conflict. He stood up and defied.

I smile when someone points to a situation and says, "Do what Jesus would do." Imagine their surprise when I pull out a whip!

"Ecce Homo!" Behold, the Man.

Indeed. He acted, lived, and died not as a wimp but as a man. It is far past time for Christian males to abandon wimpiness and embrace Jesus's fine example of pure masculinity.

Pook is not trying to say that Jesus is being a literal Jerk. He is saying that everyone saw Jesus as a Jerk, when in fact, he was just being a man. He wasn't being an a$$ for no reason. He was unplugged from the Matrix and standing up for what he believes is right. That's the quality that's attractive. Standing up for yourself and your beliefs is what it's about, not being mean just for the sake of it.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am so misunderstood around here it's not even funny anymore.

I'm not saying be friends with *******s, everything in moderation. What I'm saying is that *******s constitute a significant portion of the population almost like a religion. I'll be damned if you don't run into at least 2 a year (The specific self-proclaimed *******). You'll have to deal with them. SO HOW WILL YOU HANDLE IT? Will you leave everytime they come in your presence? Will you quit your job

My point is that in dealing with them you put yourself in a vulnerable, choatic state that forces you to act like a man. Is approaching not draining? Is going to the gym not draining? Is studying countless hours for a test not draining? So if you can walk away from these things with a strengthened character why can't you do the same with someone who will point out your flaws?

I don't know, this helped me out alot recently as I was starting to get lazy. If you don't like it suck my balls. Maybe your definition of an ******* is diferent than mine. I see dealing with *******s as a positive experience.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can have strong Personal Boundary and not have to be an *******.

You can embrace your masculinity, and matrue emotional development and not have to be an *******.

Conforming to another's Identity is the epitome of AFC.

Being an ******* is as good as being the Nice Guy, and finding justification and rationale behind it, IMO.
Emulation is the avoidance of Self, I believe.

If your SELF is not 'good enough', then embracing a faulty character is not as good either. Don't you think?

You still deny your SELF IMO.

I think it's side stepping the issue of becoming a real Masculine MAN, IMHO.

There's nothing wrong in being assertive, for your own good and the welfare of others.

There is strength in personal identity, and having healthy ideas, opinions, preferences, beliefs, and goals in your life.

Attetnion to these things is what creates your Identity, maintainance of them is the abitlity to just BE 'your SELF".

My 2 pennies....

:rock:

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am one of these "@ssholes", but i'm trying to be nicer to people.
i guess it was a way to hide my insecurities.

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you lash out in anger you loose
If you bring yourself to their level you loose
If you passively try to ignore them you loose
If you go home and cry about what they said you loose

Lose. Not loose.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
In today's world a real man is usually an assh*le. Since girls obviously don't want guys who don't kiss their ass and go for their own dreams. Assh*les usually are focused on improving themselves and not care what other people think. So in my book being an assh*le and being called an assh*le is perfectly fine. It's just some label... wooo I'm an assh*le big f*cking deal. Go cry about it. :wave:

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Nice post about Jesus. No one flames if Pook said it, lol.
OK, if you insist on tempting fate.
I think Pook has bequeathed great wisdoms,
but his idealogical streaks have easily
bordered on puritanical demagoguery.

That whole thing about Jesus is BS.
Contrivances created about a mythical, and most
likely, a fictional character, much like Pool LOL

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can learn a lot from Simon Cowell. Chicks dig him, despite themselves.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
likely, a fictional character

Even if you think that, which is even more unproven, then fine, but does that mean you still can't learn something? I don't believe in Buddha, Mohammed, or Confucious, but I still might read their texts to learn from them.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
likely, a fictional character

Even if you think that, which is even more unproven, then fine, but does that mean you still can't learn something? I don't believe in Buddha, Mohammed, or Confucious, but I still might read their texts to learn from them.
Definitely B_B. I'm avowedly on one extreme of the religious spectrum, but I don't judge people harshly based on their devotion, regardless of idealogy, church or text of belief. I try to learn from all, however reading the DJ aspects of Jesus Christ seems dumb and sorta perverse, like a dog wearing a sweater.

Hell, maybe we need a clinical psychological post-mortem of Benito Mussolini. I think he might have been a DJ...what say you?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think anything of value in this thread has aleady been said.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.