Yet another Field Reportt

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I was on my was to an orientation today. Had to stop for gas along the way.
As some gas stations are these day's, I had to pre-pay for gas. I go in , and there are a few folks ahead of me. So, as I wait a car pulls up to the storefront and a HB 6 or so gets out and heads for the door. We lock eyes for what seems to be a little too long for casual acknowlegdment , so I know that some little connection was made. I pay and go out and pump my gas, and all the while I'm watching the door for this HB to walk back to her car. As she leaves the store, we again lock eyes. So what do I do? I COMMANED her by signaling with my index finger to come to where I was. At first, she seemed a little startled and maybe a little bit shocked and gave me the old "who me?" point . I nod yes. So low and behold she walks over to me while I'm filling my tank.

I then say: "how's it goin'?"
She says: "pretty good"
I then introduce myself and then she likewise.
I then say:"Do you wanna get together sometime?"

She then queries with a "are you married?

I quickly show her my left hand and say "no"
Then I say: "can I have your number?"
She says yes and then writes it down for me.
I say: "so when are you free?"
She says: "this weekend"

I say: " fine I'll give you a call tonight"..

Do you know why it worked for me?
Because I took control of the situation and basicallly called the shots. I took much of the advice offered here to heart and said to myself "What the hell?, just go for it!" Sure I felt a little nervous about it, but hey it's all gonna get easier with more practice.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'll need to go and polish up my "battle apple".

Comment and criticisms are welcomed, of course.

rswarren

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok first off... Its an HB 6 but its def. a good confidence booster.

Next thing is that you didnt "command her" . You asked her when are you free?

This shows that whenever she is free ... that you will be free.

" Do you wanna get together sometime?" try " Lets get together sometime." What is your number

YOUR ALWAYS BUSY ON THE WEEKEND. Dates are for M - TH.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you did good wowiehowie. hb6's are good for the ego, and the sheer alphaness of summoning a girl with your finger definitely outweighs asking when she is free. Also, it gives her an out.

its okay to get straight to the point sometimes. You wante to know when she was free, now you do. Godd job.

1) I don't know why you asked 'can I have your number'. I always say either 'give me your number' while handing her pen and paper or I ask 'what number can I reach you at?"

2) I'm not too keen on calling a girl the same day you get the number, even worse, telling her you will call. Standard practice is to make them wait and wonder, building anticipation. However, I have a good feeling about your pickup overall, and I will be looking for a followup.

Sp1kez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm interested to see the outcome of this...Props for commanding her with your finger...good stuff

makes me regret an opportunity I let go today. as I was walking towards my first class this really cute girl was walking the other way(towards me) and when she gets close she puts ont his smile and I smile back and keep walking(first mistake) then as i was leaving campus to go to work I stumbled across her again and again she smield and I smiled back....but we both just kept walking....I should have stopped her with a "hey!" ....argh

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all responses. I know, I still have alot of fine tuning to do and alot more to apply from all the advice. :)

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rswarren
ok first off... Its an HB 6 but its def. a good confidence booster.

Next thing is that you didnt "command her" . You asked her when are you free?

This shows that whenever she is free ... that you will be free.

" Do you wanna get together sometime?" try " Lets get together sometime." What is your number

YOUR ALWAYS BUSY ON THE WEEKEND. Dates are for M - TH.
I agree with what you're saying, except for that last tidbit that you emphasized. Dates aren't just for M - TH because quite often many men are too busy during the week to just see women exclusively during the week. Between school, the gym, work, hobbies, etc. It's difficult to find anytime during the week, not only for me, but for ambitious and successful people in general.

I think the attitude that's presented in the first couple of questions like "Let's get together sometime" is good because it's casual and isn't necessarily putting her on the spot. She can say ya, and that allows you to put HER through tests. By tests, I mean you can judge her interest level by calling her and deciding if her interest level is something you would want in your life.

I don't think only being available during the week for a date is smart because you limit your possibilities. I think allowing for ANYTHING creates more opportunities. You never know, if she wasn't an HB6, and maybe an HB9, you might find that you do want to spend more time with her, and her likewise. Showing her that a good time, at a bar for example, on a Friday evening after a long workday can really open her up. And you can take it from there anyway you want.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
I remember i was driving out of the parking lot, and another car was on the opposite direction..

I was friken and deeply offended when this guy waived me in with his index finger....

I was like, WTF and i looked away...
I was thinking about that friken incident for 2 weeks...:rolleyes: