Would it hurt attraction?

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a sarcastic person and throw in lots of ****y and funny into the mix. My only draw back is that I tend to say just kidding a lot after a remark. Its almost instant with no control. Bad thing?

ligyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
bad thing. never say just kidding. do your ****y/funny thing, then move on to something else, dont give them time to respond, dont expect them to respond. if they get really offended, then quietly look at them at the corner of your eye and whisper "relax" or "it's gona be ok" or something, as if you're letting them off the hook

dont give the impression that you're saying something to get a reaction. you're just existing and saying whatever comes into your mind you dont care what others think, you know you're funny and in control

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just that sometimes what I say will come off too serious or hurtful so I just add a jk to show I'm being funny and observative. How could I get around that?

ligyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you're going to say jk every time, what's the point of saying anything in the first place? it just means you're not being genuine and nothing you say has any value

if you're always getting bad reactions, then maybe you're being too ****y and not funny enough. anyone can be ****y and hurt other people's feelings

by saying jk all the time, what you're demonstrating to everyone is that you simply say stuff to get certain reactions out of people, and you dont really have any beliefs/values of your own. you're approval seeking. bad

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point although that's not how I viewed it. Would it make sense that I'm conditioned to use jk in real life from chatting online where there's no emotion with text. so droppin a jk shows you're being playful?

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things: First, one thing I've learned is that it takes intelligence to get the jokes. I've offended several people at once when it was a younger group of people I didn't know, and other times had everyone laughing. Second, younger people are more narcissistic and relate everything you say to how you see them.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cNfny said:
I'm a sarcastic person and throw in lots of ****y and funny into the mix. My only draw back is that I tend to say just kidding a lot after a remark. Its almost instant with no control. Bad thing?
If you need to temper your comments with "Just kidding," is what you are saying really that funny (to people other than yourself). Don't confuse sarcasm with genuine humor.

cNfny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The younger crowd has a lot to do with it. They sometimes take it literal and miss the humor in the tone.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When to use "****y and funny" is often a matter of timing...of accurately reading the current circumstance...and of having SOME general knowledge of the demeanor of the woman you're using it on.

I would say that there are MULTIPLE fine lines between being witty and being an asswhole, and "****y and funny" is somewhere in the middle. But if you use it in a way that comes across a little TOO mean-spirited to the the other person, then that's when you get all that NEGATIVE feedback.

Most people are at least a little "self-conscious", and maybe WOMEN even more so...That's why SARCASM can be a volatile weapon to use in your arsenal to attract women. Sarcasm is a higher form of humor in the sense that IT, unlike some other forms, REQUIRES a certain level of mutual intelligence for BOTH parties to enjoy it...

...if the delivery comes across as the slightest bit insulting, it could explode in your face and blow away ANY attraction that you may have nutured with the woman.

So let's be CAREFUL out there,troops...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cNfny said:
The younger crowd has a lot to do with it. They sometimes take it literal and miss the humor in the tone.
You need to understand and play toward the audience you're performing to.