would girls find a guy who doesn't drink not fun?

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that girls like to be around a fun guy....and If I don't drink alcohal would that make it seem like a turn off for them? I mean, I'm funny, adventurous and always seeking FUN things to do...

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on more than just that factor, and more on how you are otherwise. It could go either way based on that: either they think you're lame or they'll think you're mysterious and unique, which all depends on how you portray yourself.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drinking is great when you are young. It does make the night fun, and despite it being a semi-social crutch, I still love doing it. Girls won't hate you for not drinking, but you will be seen as boring and you'll be closing a lot of doors to possible hook ups with girls. Not to mention you'll be missing out on a hell of a lot of fun. Abstain from drinking when you have mastered yourself and your mindset to be able to enter social scenes top dog without inebriation, but until then, just let loose and enjoy yourself. You'll be hamstringing yourself by going into Uni and not drinking.

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is... I have goals in life and my body is a temple. I workout/eat healthy...trying to build that ideal physique. I can't let temptations like alcohol ruin me, like it did to my father. I get addicted to things really easily...and just refraining from alcohol/smoking is great considering long-term health. I will pull *****es either way, but I would have to work twice as hard which I am determined to do....and it would save me a ****load of money, think about it....

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're either fun to be around or you're not. It sounds like you're a cool dude who enjoys lots of activities. I couldn't imagine a girl saying, "Iceberg's a cool guy...he's so funny. But he doesn't drink, so he's not fun."

You can still party with your friends and go dancing at clubs. No girl worth your time would turn you down because you don't drink.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is... I have goals in life and my body is a temple. I workout/eat healthy...trying to build that ideal physique. I can't let temptations like alcohol ruin me, like it did to my father. I get addicted to things really easily...and just refraining from alcohol/smoking is great considering long-term health. I will pull *****es either way, but I would have to work twice as hard which I am determined to do....and it would save me a ****load of money, think about it....
Have you ever gotten drunk before?

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you 16? It seems like you are 16.

Drink cranberry juice or diet pop to make it look like it's alcohol if you have to.

Two of my friends don't drink and I love going out with them. We'll order the bottle, they take shots of water and me and girls get loaded.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
be fun without drinking. I know that most people I know think I am more fun sober then most people drunk.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i dont think not drinking is gonna be a problem or instant turn off

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Have you ever gotten drunk before?
yeah plenty of times, I used to smoke marijuana regularly until I changed my ways for the best....now I'm just focusing on being the healthiest.

I learned from my mistakes...doing the same thing that you did before that ruined you is not wise in my books.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I just wanted to make sure because there's a huge difference between being a prude and a recovering alcoholic.

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
for university...who says that without drinking, you're not getting your full experience? You make your life and your experiences, not what some social standards are.

and in the end I'm largely benefiting myself as I will be saving a lot of money and looking great/feeling great. Whereas the rest/majority(who drink) will need to depend on Alcohol to bring their happiness when I will be finding other ways to bring happiness to my life. Excuse my rant lol

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JJ109 said:
for university...who says that without drinking, you're not getting your full experience? You make your life and your experiences, not what some social standards are.

and in the end I'm largely benefiting myself as I will be saving a lot of money and looking great/feeling great. Whereas the rest/majority(who drink) will need to depend on Alcohol to bring their happiness when I will be finding other ways to bring happiness to my life. Excuse my rant lol
I guess you're saving money in a sense. But I don't know...the reason I make money is so that I can spend it on things that I enjoy.

If you choose not to buy music, you're saving money. If you choose to buy canned tuna instead of foods you enjoy, you're saving money. If you choose not to join a gym, you save money. I drank in college. But it ain't like I'd have $30k in my bank account if I didn't drink.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you don't enjoy alcohol, that's fair, and it's your choice. But, for the rest of us who do drink, it's not like we're blowing tens of thousands of dollars on it. If I go out 2 nights a week, I might spend $50 bucks on booze.

Seems like you had bad family experiences with alcohol and you're using your own personal negative experiences to say that ALL drinkers blow tons of cash on booze, and depend on it for happiness. It's not quite that bad...my food makes me happy, my guitar makes me happy, and going out drinking with my friends makes me happy....also, being sober with my friends makes me happy.

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I guess you're saving money in a sense. But I don't know...the reason I make money is so that I can spend it on things that I enjoy.

If you choose not to buy music, you're saving money. If you choose to buy canned tuna instead of foods you enjoy, you're saving money. If you choose not to join a gym, you save money. I drank in college. But it ain't like I'd have $30k in my bank account if I didn't drink.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you don't enjoy alcohol, that's fair, and it's your choice. But, for the rest of us who do drink, it's not like we're blowing tens of thousands of dollars on it. If I go out 2 nights a week, I might spend $50 bucks on booze.

Seems like you had bad family experiences with alcohol and you're using your own personal negative experiences to say that ALL drinkers blow tons of cash on booze, and depend on it for happiness. It's not quite that bad...my food makes me happy, my guitar makes me happy, and going out drinking with my friends makes me happy....also, being sober with my friends makes me happy.

there are just some things in life that I can't afford to slow me down as I'm already on my full pursuit of happiness.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JJ109 said:
there are just some things in life that I can't afford to slow me down as I'm already on my full pursuit of happiness.
I'm not trying to make you drink, man. I'm just saying that people who drink don't necessarily blow a load of money on it, or depend on it for happiness. That's a bit extreme.

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I'm not trying to make you drink, man. I'm just saying that people who drink don't necessarily blow a load of money on it, or depend on it for happiness. That's a bit extreme.
I already said that I get hooked on to things really easily. I was saying I would benefit by saving a **** load of money. lol read what you quoted on your post above.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It _is_ a problem for some girls. I like with 4 girls right now. I end up in girl conversations a hell of a lot now. Some definitely do think it's a dealbreaker if you don't drink (this is college I'm talking about, situations may vary.) It's stupid but it's true in some cases.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW I don't think you should even care, to be honest. It's your decision and if some girl doesn't like you because of it then **** her; who the **** dislikes someone just because they don't ingest alcohol? Why would you care about what a loser like that thinks? Hell, I drink, and if a girl told me that she wouldn't like me if I didn't then I'd tell her to f*ck off right there because that's f*cking stupid.

Anyways, I don't really agree with your whole "I want to keep my body healthy/pure" crap because that's all it is; you can be healthy and drink. So that's a sh!t excuse. However, I can understand the addiction thing because I have that same kind of thing running in my family and if I even came close to getting hooked I'd stop right away for the rest of my life.

So in the end it's your decision, and **** what everyone else thinks about it.

Diaforetikos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's ok not to drink. You have standards that you aren't going to cross. You value yourself more than you value women. That's good. If they can't handle you because you don't drink, eff 'em.

But you do have to learn to be just as fun as you would if you were perked or drunk. Women like fun. Plain and simple. If you have a strong inner game, then you shouldn't have to worry.