Workout clothing tips for the gym?

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chewy Bagel
I have extra time to hit the treadmill and chat with a girl.

I cannot believe the immaturity I am encountering with my simple question about workout wear.
Again, why the phukk do you ask us immature iddyotts a question on a topic you are so well versed at...??

If you look good and p/u chykks at the gym, then what the fukk is your question for???

Plus if you had read the bible, you would be able to notice the underlying tone of vanity in your fukkyn question...

Oh by the way. I am here all day.... So keep slinging snot!!

The Edge ' some have it, and some don't '

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000036.html

From the DJ bible. It says to Always take advantage of opportunities to meet women. Yes, that means a gym too. That contradicts what you just told me doesn't it?

-Again, why the phukk do you ask us immature iddyotts a question on a topic you are so well versed at...??

I asked the board the question. You're the immature person who is not answering the question and chosing to flame me. Now that you're feeling stupid for acting up, you don't want to quit. You'll look "bad". Right? I know so.

-If you look good and p/u chykks at the gym, then what the fukk is your question for???

You can always improve your game. Styles change. I came here asking for fashion tips. All I got was "don't ask chicks out at the gym" "It doesn't matter what you wear".

-Plus if you had read the bible, you would be able to notice the underlying tone of vanity in your fukkyn question...

Can I not ask how other people dress? Is that totally unDJish?

-Oh by the way. I am here all day.... So keep slinging snot!!

Me too. I'm merely replying to your answers - how have I been "slinging snot"?

laxplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...I agree with Bagel, I personally like to wear comfortable clothes when I workout that also make me look and feel good.

When I look and feel good I tend to have MUCH better workouts. Also there are a lot of women at my gym and I like to chat them up.

Anyways I wear my XXL Lacrosse shorts (somewhat baggy) and a tight (not skin tight) or form fitting cotton shirt. Im not buff enough yet for the wife beater.

Sometimes I enjoy wearing sweatpants, but I prefer lifting in shorts.

Shoes wise I use my trusty Adidas Superstars.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
we don't get too many girls at my gym. an occassional fat woman comes in for a day or two, never to return. and some girls come with their boyfriends. honestly, I doubt I've ever seen more than 4 girls there at a time and most are just too old for me, so I wouldn't know anything about picking up girls at the gym.

But, to answer your question, I just wear jersey shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. if none of my jersey shorts were clean, I would wear sweatpants.

--Mike

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chewy -

Honestly man, you are putting too much stock into what chicks think of your fashion. Forget it. Going to the gym is not about fashion. Just don't look like a moron with a string tanktop and genie pants and you're fine. Personally, I wear an old XL white shirt (I shrunk out of XL's into L's so I have leftover wear) or a Rancho (my school) shirt, and any pair of PE shorts I have from high school when I work out.

You know, when they say chicks like those guys that just don't give a darn, they were onto something.

Reaction score
yeah, when i go to the gym, the question I ask myself is " what can I wear that won't make the other guys throw up when I'm working out?" (I weigh over 300 pounds) The usual responses are:
1. Circus tent
2. Dodge Buick
3. South Dakota

Hell, if it makes u feel any better, I'll come work out at your gym right next to you. You'll look good BY COMPARISON! :D

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always wear ONE clothing piece that is black. I usually wear the white three stripes on Adidas black sweatpants with loose grey/white tank top. Black shirt is good too.

The key is SIMPLICITY! No big logos or messages on tshirts, makes you look like a try hard. A simple small Nike tick on top left hand corner on tshirt or shorts/pants is good enough.

I like to wear tank tops but I must emphasis loose, perhaps one size bigger than usual! If women see your pecks women and men will laugh at you. Also you want to create 'mystery' by showing you have a good v shape but she wont know whats really under the shirt - kind of like the boxers vs briefs debate which most people agree that boxer-briefs are the best compromise.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my gym is full of hotties, if U want to PU at the gym I say go for it!

It's not some kind of temple, so why not, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity if one came up.

Having said that, I don't actively go looking at the gym, not cos I think you shouldn't but mainly cos I'm too busy lifting and don't have time b4 work.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was gonna be hard on u but it seems like u had gotten enough sh!t from everybody else.

As for your question.

1) Why don't u just be a man and APPROACH them. It's your job, not them.

2) If u think dress'N up to work out will help u get girls then ... ok I'm not gonna say what I was going to say but I tell u what. Just approach with sh!tty clothes, might be harder but at least that will improve your game and you will learn from it. U will gain experience.

GHOST

Last edited:

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah - N u know what?

A girl once told me this. She hated working out at a certain gym because the girls go in there with slutty outfits N to socialize.

A GIRL TOLD ME THIS!!! U are in the gym to work out. Shut Up and Pump. If you happend to see a girl you like - you talk to her because that is what a DJ does. No matter the situation, if he sees a target - he act upon it.

A DJ does NOT dress up to go to the gym.
A DJ dres up to go out, to a date or to a club.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dee-Zy,

You seem very upset. It must be the Beta Male in you trying to assert dominance over me.

-1) Why don't u just be a man and APPROACH them. It's your job, not them.

I do approach women, but thanks for assuming that I don't. I mentioned that I don't in the gym. However, I did the other day. Anyway, this doesn't really pertain to my question, does it?

-2) If u think dress'N up to work out will help u get girls then ... ok I'm not gonna say what I was going to say but I tell u what. Just approach with sh!tty clothes, might be harder but at least that will improve your game and you will learn from it. U will gain experience.

I think that dressing WELL will help you get girls - in the gym or anywhere else. I posted what I wear to the gym - white beater, colored shorts with matching white shoes.

Also, I didn't ask for advice on approaching women, but thanks for assuming that I need your advice. The condescending tone is cool too, thanks bro.

All this over a simple question about gym clothes. Good grief. Mob mentality mixed with group think has really taken over this thread.

To those who did answer my question, Thank you!

I will not respond to any further flames.

CB

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been at the same gym for 13 years.

Wear what's comfortable.

Don't wear what you see in the muscle mags. Only the homo's do.

Like someone said above, basket ball shorts and a t-shirt. Running shoes. Comfortable.

Bike shorts=Gay
Beater=Gay
Big Baggy Muscle clothes=1980's Gay
Otemix=Gay

Do not take training so serious unless your career depends on it. so, hit on every female you see. (or are attracted to)...

It's not that big of a deal...

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chewy Bagel
I get most of my women when they approach me.
I did not say that. U did.

To label others as 'beta male' is not only laughable but very far from being the 'alpha' male u seem to believe you are.

As for being upset? nan - I was try'N to help you but if you are going to call me names, blah. Forget it about it.

Go dress up 'nice' or however you want to the gym.
But yeah - of course you just want to dress nice not to 'approach' women. What was I thinking? You want to 'feel good' I bet? Or you want them to approach you.

Either way - my advice stands. Try working out with sh!tty clothes or nice clothes N try approaching them with either or. You will learn from it N see what works, what doesn't, what works best, what works less - but I see you are too hard headed for that N u believe that in your little world only your voice is right.

Where have I heard this before???