Women and social proof; How true it is!!

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I realized tonight there is alot of proof to this:

Awhile back I mentioned there was a chick at work (a 7+) who was never really friendly to me for some reason. To make a long story short:

The other day in the kitchen of the restaurant this girl witnessed another semi-attractive chick flirting and chatting with me:

So what happens when I see this girl tonight? I get a hello Mahon...she initiated the hello and said my name: Something I have both never heard before. So, was this a coincidence or did she say hello because she realized maybe I am not some loser who no girls like? I think it was the latter.......

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mahon83050

....maybe I am not some loser who no girls like?
Uhh, no comment.

Seriously, though, social proof is absolutely true. Did you think people were just making that concept up. This can't be the first time you realized that.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course women are more 'social-proof' oriented. It's because to them, social life is so important - girls will call each other on the phone just to talk... about anything! Guys call each other just to make plans for the next night of going out... Because of this, girls always have drama about them - "She did that to him, but he was dating her when she had his baby..." It's exactly like you said - she saw you had attractive friends, or a girl around you, and decided you now interested her... take advantage of the situation!

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Of course women are more 'social-proof' oriented. It's because to them, social life is so important - girls will call each other on the phone just to talk... about anything! Guys call each other just to make plans for the next night of going out... Because of this, girls always have drama about them - "She did that to him, but he was dating her when she had his baby..." It's exactly like you said - she saw you had attractive friends, or a girl around you, and decided you now interested her... take advantage of the situation!
I doubt she is interested in me, but maybe she now thought I am atleast worth saying hello to...lol.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050
I doubt she is interested in me, but maybe she now thought I am atleast worth saying hello to...lol.
you learnt social proof, next work on confidence.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unbridled_1
Mahon,

did you find an appartment in Boston?
I do not know what is going on. I got into Grad school in Baaston, but I am still waiting on Rutgers Univ and their response. Rutgers is about half the cost and just as good as a program.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you gonna afford to live alone. Plus, anything you could afford would be in the ghetto around Rutgers.

I'm from Manhattan.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
How are you gonna afford to live alone. Plus, anything you could afford would be in the ghetto around Rutgers.

I'm from Manhattan.
I have about 5K saved there buddy, plus I am working just a crumy $9.00 an hour job now, but that would take care of my rent. This 5K would last me a good 8-9 months, that is if I stay at this $9.00 an hour job. I would either go back to Finance full time...making $30,000+ while going to school part time...don't worry I have it all planned out.

Manhattan heh, you must be loaded ;)

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mahon,

Our biggest fear is that three years from now you are posting and mentioning how it sucks to be 30 and still living at home. Why don't you atleast become a waiter, they make better money than a bellhop.

I can only wish I was loaded...

IndianaJoneS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same for me : Talking to a woman lead another woman to immediatly offer the opportunity of conversation for me by a comment she made. As I already posted in my Bootcamp journal ;)

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Mahon,

Our biggest fear is that three years from now you are posting and mentioning how it sucks to be 30 and still living at home. Why don't you atleast become a waiter, they make better money than a bellhop.

I can only wish I was loaded...
You must do alright if you live in Manhattan. I guess you have roomates?

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True, true.
I remember in my previous class, these three girls used to hang out all the time. One was hot, one was moderately hot and the third was not. I talked to other girls mostly and ignored those three, especially the ones that weren't hot. So one day I hear from a schoolmate that the moderately hot girl has developed an interest in me, hmmm, most interesting. So I just played around with her and such (sometimes acting as if I was interested, sometimes as if I was not, but she wasn't my goal). That drove her crazy and the next thing you know, the hot one has the hots for me and starts making moves on me. I figure the two not so hot girls kept talking about me and the third one wanted a piece of the pie. Of course I seized the opportunity.
Just my little story on social proof, carry on.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You must do alright if you live in Manhattan. I guess you have roomates?
No, I have a studio and live by myself. Not much space, but it's comfortable.

Mahon, you still didn't answer why you don't become a waiter, instead of a bellhop.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's intrested in n you after she sees your social she's prolly very immature.

Yes a good chunk of them go to whomever seems to be "cool".If other people give you a rep.Then your gonna have some rats after you no matter what you look like.

That's why I always say every woman has a lil' hoeness in her.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score

No, I have a studio and live by myself. Not much space, but it's comfortable.

Mahon, you still didn't answer why you don't become a waiter, instead of a bellhop.
I have never waited tables before, and I do not think I would like it...although I have the professional, friendly attitude for it.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never waited tables before, and I do not think I would like it...although I have the professional, friendly attitude for it.
Then you should go for it Mahon, challenge yourself. You could easily make double or triple the $9/hr. you are making now depending where you work.