Woman are full of it!

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright...this is my first entry into this discussion so bare with me a little. I've read on here so many things that seem to be happening to me as well. Here's my scoop...i went on a date last weekend with a girl i met online. Hit it off great on the phone to the point were meeting was going to be just a formality as to as you could say start dating. Well i'm not a tall guy, 5'9" well it turns out that she was taller around 5'10 1/2". At first it seemed like she had no problem with it...then she proceeds to tell me she's uncomfortable with the fact that she's taller, but everything else about me is bigger than her...longer arms, bigger hands, broader shoulders..just a little shorter was the problem. Well she was worried about it before we met, but proceeded to tell me that for the right guy she would over look it. Well here's my shpeal...she absolutely loved everything about me, she even kissed me and wanted to make out at the end of the date...loves my personality, family background and everything...her only issue was the height. What do you guys make of this...is she full of crap or is she just not worth the time or what? Just curious!

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by strids97
.her only issue was the height. What do you guys make of this...is she full of crap or is she just not worth the time or what? Just curious!
Of course she is, if she was telling you that. But it is her issue, just proceed further and diregard this issue. If she flake out later, it is not going to be about your height. Besides you are not short, and that she who happens to be somewhat tall.

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
gave up

Well i gave up on her....the more i talked it always came up in conversation...and i would hate to have the feeling hanging over my head that, something i just don't want to deal with!

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: gave up

Well i gave up on her....the more i talked it always came up in conversation...and i would hate to have the feeling hanging over my head that, something i just don't want to deal with!
I know this issue because I sometimes target tall women online and then have to deal with their hangups when we date. I'm a little over 6' and some of the woman I've met who claim to be 5'10" are actually close to 6 feet. They are embarrassed by their height.

Tall women have a specific motivation for not wanting to date shorter men. They are usually uncomfortable being tall because they likely were a lot taller than the boys when they were young (girls develop sooner than boys do usually). They were probably teased in school and made to like freaks by boys that felt inferior. So height is a major hangup for them and being with a man that is shorter is a constant reminder of how they are different and the unhappy memories of their past.

I am dating a chick now that's 5'10 and pretty hot. If I slip and call her big instead of tall, she flips on me like a little sensitive girl in school that gets teased a lot. I sort of feel sorry she is still dealing with this problem in her mind. Other than avoiding the height subject, we are fine. Although I am taller than her, this could still be an issue because of her sensitivity. Talking about height reminds her of when she was young and unhappy. Tall women have issues that stem from childhood. This doesn't reflect on any man no matter his height. If a tall chick has an issue with your height, its not your problem its hers. NEXT.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not B.S** you. I know a lot of tall girls that factor in taller guys as a #1 requirement regardless of anything else being bigger!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why didn't she know your height before your date? You met online so didn't it come up when you guys described yourselves or exchanged pics? This is why qualifying is so important, it keeps you from wasting time and effort.

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
she did know

She did know my height before the date...it was posted on my profile on the dating sight...she it never occured to her that she was going to be taller...on my profile it says 5'9" on the her profile it said 5'10" but i came to find out that she was taller than what she posted which is what she told me that she rounded down instead of up or putting her actual height up.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn the few times I did the online thing I claimed to be 6 ft.

I hate women that are so shallow.

From now on, mark my word I will call out girls on this.

If a girl tells me, I normally date taller guys, then I am going to say "Think of how much you will miss out on if you aren't with me"

I am at a point in my life after this last breakup where I actually have a deep hatred and distrust of women. I am going to treat them as *** depositories. I am pissed.

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
what happened

Hey what happened? Sounds like you are really pissed? IF you claim to be 6ft how tall are you? Trust me not all woman are B****s you just have to find one that is what you want. LIke i just did....going on a date tomorrow with one that i had dated for a breif period back in october she ended it cause she wasn't sure if she was ready to date....i talked to her on friday and she asked me back on a date and she was one that i really liked...she's ready and she wants me...i was like sounds go to me and I'll take ya :) helps that she's gorgeous as well but hey looks aren't everything, but they sure help!

DonRob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright...this is my first entry into this discussion so bare with me a little. I've read on here so many things that seem to be happening to me as well. Here's my scoop...i went on a date last weekend with a girl i met online. Hit it off great on the phone to the point were meeting was going to be just a formality as to as you could say start dating. Well i'm not a tall guy, 5'9" well it turns out that she was taller around 5'10 1/2". At first it seemed like she had no problem with it...then she proceeds to tell me she's uncomfortable with the fact that she's taller, but everything else about me is bigger than her...longer arms, bigger hands, broader shoulders..just a little shorter was the problem. Well she was worried about it before we met, but proceeded to tell me that for the right guy she would over look it. Well here's my shpeal...she absolutely loved everything about me, she even kissed me and wanted to make out at the end of the date...loves my personality, family background and everything...her only issue was the height. What do you guys make of this...is she full of crap or is she just not worth the time or what? Just curious!

Its only an issue if you allow it it be an issue.... what ever "it" happens to be. Secondly, you dont even know this woman yet. Get more numbers, go on more dates and what 1 chick thinks won't mean squat..... funny how when you truly don't care what a woman thinks they get all excited. Becuase YOU"RE different than the 99.9% of americanus wimpus out there. If she has issues then they are her issues... move on with a smile

DonRob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: gave up

You could have teased her about being an amazon chick....

You should have used C&F to bust on her about her silly obsession with a half inch height difference

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out with the tall girl twice.

Alot of tall girls still like to wear shoes that make them even taller.

She was dating another guy already but gave me a chance at least.

Rock33

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey bro i been there my advice is this, if she feels uncomfortable about it make her feel comfortable, how do you go about that you ask? this is what i do, i look right in there eyes, i simple say " u might be taller then me, but i will still dominate you" now i say that by being ****y and funny, it as never failed me, women laugh everytime

mark9

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend you wearing a shoe which accentuate your height. That is common in the south. It worked for the girls who dated me. why give up even before the battle has begun.. she is finding an excuse and you should have a good backup excuse at hand.. I have a similar experience too. I am talking to this chick who is taller than me and she has no problem with that..

Reaction score
... Well i'm not a tall guy, 5'9" well it turns out that she was taller around 5'10 1/2". At first it seemed like she had no problem with it...then she proceeds to tell me she's uncomfortable with the fact that she's taller
Take a machete and chop off 2 inches off of her legs!!

SLICE, BAM, SCREAMS!!!!! You'll be a half inch taller - problem solved!!!!!

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
i knew i hottie who was 5'10 and felt ugly because she thought men wanted smaller women to cuddle. These big bird hos appear to be in need of extra affection.

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm, I guess I'm lucky in this department, I'm a little over 6'4", it also helps to get noticed in busy places!

It sucks when it comes to buying clothes, beds that are long enough, cars you fit in, etc.

Personally, I think that if they are worried about your height that much just move on, you'll never hear the end of it.