Winter BC WEEK 1

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Sir Shinra:

Repeat after me:

I shall read the first post of Al Moh.'s threads. I shall read the first post of Al Moh.'s threads. I shall read the first post of Al Moh.'s threads. I shall...

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok lads,i have finished the task during this morning somethink over 50 hi's,found it dificult at the beging and still find it diffcult to start but after few it gets bit easier.i still dont feel very comfortable with it and i gona keep working on it until i dont hesitate at all.
As for EC have done over 2 hours,found it easier than hi's

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
But i still have to be telling my self in my head to keep EC,dont look away,its far from natural but its better than it was before and i guess its gona take a while as well to be comfortable with.

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm done now. Some notes:

- If you do the smiling your mood lightens with every "Hi". That`s why I think this is also a good exercise for the next weeks, as a warm up.
- It's still difficult for me to greet people in crowded areas. Got to work on that one.
- If you can make EC while smiling and then say Hi it's just a tiny step to a conversation
- Didn't greet any hot girls :cuss: Why? Didn't meet any (my area really sucks...). So next week, whenever a girl passes by I am going to greet her in addition to doing the new exercises

Evolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
Done. But im ill so next week is going to be hard but i will complete it

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back from a date with a classmate of mine. I know she's interested, she knows I'm interested. We hit it off pretty well. Conversation flowing, lots of EC, teasing etc. etc. etc.
I'll just cut it to the point: I didn't escalate to a kiss. Pretty awkward towards the end of the date, since the both of us were expecting it.

It's both amusing and sad now when I think of it.
-----

After we split apart I decide to finally get those remaining 5 or so HI's. It's once when I appear like a total creep, which cracks me up :)

I am a bit dissapointed by my evolution this week, but hey!! I'm looking towards a bright future.

-----

Al Moh, better add me up to that list. It's more motivating this way. Thanks in advance :D

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Phewww, what a day!!!:crazy:
I went out in the field only at 4 or so because I had to go to uni first. Had to put in some effort to get over with the hi's, but after warming up it got easy and girls were greeting me back - that gave a boost to my confidence and I even approached 2 girls, one gave me her #, but she isn't that pretty (a lot of makeup) so maybe I'll see her to practice what's coming in the next few weeks.
So guys congratulations for those who are done with the first week. It's only going to get better from now on.

milo

Don Juan
Reaction score
As i'm writing this is 10:45 PM here, and i'm on 45 hi's.
Going for the rest.

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Finished off the last of mine today. It feels good, I couldn't get past this mission last time I tried, and it was easy as hell this time. I mean the boot camp wasn't even in my mind all day, then I would come home and look at the forums and realize 'Hey, I said hi to like 15 girls today.' I also number closed eight times in the process. Anyways, it's great when it just comes naturally, progress is amazing, bring on week 2.

milo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did the 50!! I'm so excited I can't believe I said 43 hi's just today.

The previous post was just in case that Al Moh made the list and didn't include me, because I couldn't report again until now (already Friday here).

All started around 2 PM, I've had lunch like half an hour before and was sitting in my house porch doing nothing, so I decided to walk a few blocks around the neighberhood. It was nap time so there was almost nobody in the street, but in one of the last blocks there were this 3 girls, 15/16 years, sitting on a bench that was in the sidewalk in front of a house, one was standing. As soon as I saw them I felt a little nervous, but I managed to say "hi" when I passed by them. They said hi back, and were like "and who knows you?" with each other (in a fun way). So I kept walking, and the blond girl that was standing said "hii!" again and waved, I looked back and waved back at her. They were all giggling with each other like little girls. I kept walking and again she said "hiii!", I was 30 meters away by then, I turned back, waved and blew her a kiss. Then they, mostly she, really went like crazy, jumping and screaming, I think wanting me to go back, I could have went and stay talking to them very easily, but I was too away and too amazed by the situation that I didn't even know how to react! Man I didn't know I could have that effect on women :)

That alone was more than enough motivation to make the 42 hi's I had left, and to see all the possibilities that doing this may bring. If that happened only on the first week imagine what could happen in the last!

At 6 PM I had to go to the doctor, and on my way to there, wich is a fraction of all I walked the other day, I made 15 hi's. Did a couple hi's inside, and when I was back at home I already had like 25!
Went running and to the gym, and to make it short at 9 PM I had like 32(not much people). So later I walked againg for a bit and got 7 more.

At this point it was really automatic, if a person passed within 3 meters from me I would say hi without even thinking about it, don't know why I couldn't do it at first.

Then I posted really quick, because I was going to have dinner out with my family. Managed to get the last 5 there.

50!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

That's it. Damn it got long, don't think anyone is going to read it now :p

Congratulations to everyone who completed it too. Excited about next week.

Cheeers

Sir Shinra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Done. I got 50 successful hello's. I didn't count the ones that didn't elicit some kind of response (so I was sure that they heard me.)

Some quick field notes:

-Back home people tend to make quick eye contact and look away quickly. Over here, there's rarely any meeting of eyes at all, which made hellos difficult. However, once there is eye contact, a 'hello' in their language almost always elicits a positive response.
-I started several conversations (and had others start conversations with me) on the train, etc. I got four phone numbers.

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys a little late but i just got back from work. I did the 50 hi's and eye contacts a couple of days ago and ready for the next stage.

N.B. too many girls look down shyly when i make eye contact! Why???? In the movies they hold the eye contact! Its so annoying!

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I found this week wasnt anything out of my comfort zone (which is probably how it should be week 1)

I found that a lot of people aren't willing to hold eye contact. It's almost like they feel "caught". Occasionally you'll get someone who will keep strong eye contact, and thats actually a good feeling.

For those of you who havent tried it, I noticed that a lot of children hold eye contact longer than their parents do! I don't know why, but it's interesting.

As far as "hello's", most people feel obliged to greet you back if you say it with a smile and give them enough time to respond. I only had one person completely ignore me (and they looked me dead in the eye while they did it :crackup:).

Next week will be interesting...

*RHCP*

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to some stressful stuff that came up I wasn't able to start this week. I was preoccupied dealing with other things, and I wasn't really in a great frame of mind for starting the boot camp. I should have done it anyway, but I didn't, so now I'm starting tomorrow. I'll try to catch up to you guys, but we'll see what happens.

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ughhhh.

This **** is all done, but now I feel gross. I pushed myself, and wound up spending most of the week either at the club or at house parties.

I went to this one house party with two girls that I thought were going to be a good time, until I discovered them doing lines of coke off of a kitchen counter. Arghh. I caught a ride with them there, too. I'm still pretty choked about that. I had a long, long walk home. One of the weird things I'm noticing about the mental frame that this bootcamp puts me is is that I'm more preoccupied with numbers and results than I am with interactions that interest me, that I would actually pursue of my own accord were I not impelled to do so by a challenge. It's like, quantity over quality; the reasons are obvious, this is about developing a skill set, and repetition is key.

Still, I've been getting into some f**ked-up situations lately. I'm not paying enough attention to the trajectory these interactions are taking. For the upcoming weeks, I had better be resourceful and selective.

I don't want to go on day 2's with the majority of the girls I've been partying with. Damn. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

M McLovin

Reaction score
B/c W01 2008

(Pre-Disclaimer - earlier today my dog *black lab ~alex~ * jumped up on my laptop in the car and my J key isn't always working. I'm not one for proof reading. so if you see a few missing blame it on him. With that said..)

Al moh forgot my name on the list.

Breaking the cycle.

Wow, what a week guys. I wasn't exactly sure what I was suppost to be doing out there besides just meeting women. But what I found was a new aspect. I went to a few parties, mainly corporate ones. (christmas time tends to bring a few of these)

Sunday. my personal prep time to decide what the week to come holds for me. A nice quiet night with the dog and me at home to reflect on times.

Money monday comes around way to fast and the weekend is ending.

Monday seemed to creep by like a tumbleweed in the desert. Clients were nice, plenty of hands were shook, and eye contact was minimal. I'm sure driving along and looking at people stuck in traffic with you might count. I wont add that to my total.

Tuesday - The night to shake loose already. First X-mass party of the week. didn't have a designated date for most company parties. Although must make me look like a man-***** at work. keeps the water cooler talk cheap and easy. I'm not talking about taking your local girl that hangs out at the bowling alley to the party. I'm a Insurance sales. So i'm a 80-95k a year guy after only a year so I can't show up with the snaggle tooth girl from down the street. I first hit up the local night spot since the party isn't till 9:30.

Show up at the bar at 7 (2 hours should be plenty of time to snag a potential date) little did i know. Finally after a few quick chit-chats with different ladies I finally took first one i saw closest to the door, and asked her to step outside with me for a minute told her it was hard to hear her with the music inside. After conveying my situation to her, she kindly agreed to accompany me to the event.

Wednesday came and went without a hitch.

Thursday was difficult. I've got a 5-6week old baby boy at home so meet ladies is a difficult thing to do all in itself. So right from work i rushed home spent some time with the youngster, then shipped him off the the babysitter for some company event time with a long time gal-pal. So as the event started to build some steam we had come up with a convincing story for her to tell people when she introduced me to her co-workers. I left that party with 4 potential leads for more after-hours parties if you get the drift. 2 numbers.

Friday is my baby day, so no dating on that day

Saturday was today, and I to be honest with you didn't do much, just sat down and talked with family about plans for the holidays and such.. nothing to creative. sorry. -matt

TheBaconator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, didn't have time to do the reading yet, but the exercise was easy and I completed that.

I will finish both week 1 and 2 readings by this sunday, i'm just busy with a lot of **** right now.

I'm also pretty pissed at flakey *****es. Why is it 90% of the women out there are total ****s?