Winter BC WEEK 1

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
girls dont bite i just found out,and its amazing,i talked to girl while shoping,she was with mother,buying clothes,i asked if they ar shopping for halloween and they loved it...:eek:p,women ar easy once u dont give a fcuk...:eek:)

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know I'm still in this...

I don't think I'll be able to post a comprehensive field report until Monday or Tuesday, since those two days will constitute my weekend. I had to tend bar Friday and Saturday, and will be tending Sunday as well. Which is odd, as the bootcamp challenge is present in my mind.

I easily say 'Hi' to over fifty strangers every night, and make eye contact with, and smile at, just as many. It's my job to be a gregarious, social guy. I help people have a good time. Actually, most of my night tonight consisted of hitting on groups of girls ordering shooters. But I'm not going to be counting any of these interactions in my BC challenge. These encounters are fueled by both the nature of my work, and by the social proof and status that accompany it.

So, come Monday/Tuesday, I'll be doing this properly. Complete strangers. Foreign environment. Blank slate.

I'm enjoying the posts so far. Let's all work for a deluge of awesomeness before the week is concluded.

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dj Al's log, 8th of December 2008

Today I was able to greet a little more than 10 strangers and do one hour of EC. I had the impression that my confidence was far more stable than the other two times I did this BC. Almost half of the people smiled back which is great. Tomorrow I am going to advance further in my first mission.

Al out.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am doing bad. :( I have lost all my nerve these two last days and I feel stuck inside my head.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
I am doing bad. :( I have lost all my nerve these two last days and I feel stuck inside my head.
Then you're on the right track!!! I feel like saying this hi thing is actually harder then saying hi and starting a convo afterwords, because when I just say hi and walk away I feel weird (but I guess that is called getting out of your confort zone, so its cool)

So sometimes I say hi and just ask a random question afterwords ( I know we're supposed to do that in the second week). Its easier for me this way.

Another thing I'm going to try tomorrow is just staying at the exit of the library, or some shop or smth where there are a lot of people coming out all the time and try to greet them when they come out, as they will have to look at me and make EC, since I'm the only one standing there. We'll see what happens.

And if none of these suggestions work, CFG, then I guess you and I are just going to have to grab our balls and do it anyway. :D

Good luck!

milo

Don Juan
Reaction score
So... I'm completely stuck.

I just went out and walked around for about 40 minutes with the intention of getting at least 15 hi's, but couldn't manage to spit even one! Something like 95% of the people I passed by didn't make EC so it felt really weird to do it. At a point I could almost feel the boundaries of my confort zone, right when it was about break, but it was so strong that I couldn't do it.

I got 2 1/2 days to say hi to 49 people, I'm worst than the other times I tried, I'm really doubting of myself right now, not sure if I'm going to make it.

Some advice please?

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start out with EC for a while it's easer. Then try to do ONE Hi. Go out with the intention to say Hi to ONE person. Don't think: OMG, I have to do soooo many Hi's, I'm not going to make it! One at a time. Concentrate just on one.

Try to find a place where there aren't a lot of people. I always found it easer to greet people who are alone.

If you still can't do it, ride your bike and greet people while riding by. At least this is easer for me.

milo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, will try that now. Report back soon. Thanks.

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi lads,can i/we use insted of hi,when somebody (girl)looking ur way to wave at them?i mean when they ar on the other side of the road,sidewalk or what ever...or sitting in car stuck in trafic and just wave at somebody driving next to u...does it count?tried that yesterday and today,some waved back,some smilled,some nothink....

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its best to concentrate on one hi at a time - as Al Moh said. After you manage to spit out the first, you'll like the rush and the next is going to be easier and so on until you warm up and want to go beyond saying hi.
Milo, you are not the only one finding it hard to do, especially when you don't get EC!!! Next time when you go out imagine us right behind you cheering you!!!
I guess I'll do that to as it is not very easy for me either lol

BTW, I think it helps a lot to think about how all the hottest girls chase you everywhere, hoping to get the chance to blow you or smth after you're done with the BC and become the DJ you know you can be. Because I know from the first BC I did, it has made the BIGGEST difference in who I was in the shortest time, you just have to put your faith in what you do and do it.

Besides, try to look it from another perspective, is it really hard for a man to say hi so a bunch of people? WHats the worst that can happen?

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

@terminator
I think it counts, as long you go out of your way to meet smbd (even its just saying hi or waving)

milo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Impact said:
Milo, you are not the only one finding it hard to do, especially when you don't get EC!!! Next time when you go out imagine us right behind you cheering you!!!
That brought a big smile on my face :)

Thank you guys, I'll do my best.

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, its much easier now to do. I think i almost have 50.

My only concern is next week's boot camp is starting conversation with strangers...that totally does not work in high school, not even a little bit

combustiont

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great week/bad week so far.

This week was interesting because it tested my patience with myself and other people, dealing with ****, swallowing pride and handling business. My car took a **** this week so I was already in a bad mood and in some ways didn't want to be around people, but I wanted to get out and be social, meet some females, BS, etc.

I stepped out immediately and jumped over the line a bit - chatted up someone cute I used to go to school with, little flirting, got her laughing and kept her interest up until I asked her to go out for drinks the next night, got a yes. Got a number, got drinks, made a lot of eye contact.

Struggled a bit there holding some parts of the conversation, i'm sure I came across a bit dull for not talking too much but i'm working on that part. Had her laughing, had some physical stuff going on, not a bad night at all.

This morning I went to the next office building over to grab a bite for breakfast, saw a tall brunette, probably an 8 or so. Sexy. Looked over at her, she was kind of scanning, a few of the guys glanced and quickly looked away - not me. Locked on, smiled at her, maaaaaaaan she changed REAL fast. Suddenly she had this big grin looking at me, looked down, playing a little shy, I said hi, she said hello and grabbed her food, walked off. Should have said more, but thats a bit of progress and i'll take my small victories this week.

Lots of smiling, lots of eye contact, its amazing how fast people see you differently. Make a little eye contact with a female, they just glance. Hold that contact with them, and they see that attraction and confidence - yeah boy.

I kept this one thing in mind with every girl I introduced myself to, and its from Hefner -

"The best pickup line I ever used was 'Hello, my name is Hugh Hefner.'"

I introduced myself in that manner, goes over real well usually.

Anyways, thats all for now, got more work to do.

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job guys, I think you can count waving as long as it is a challenge for you. This week is supposed to build up your confidence, so if it does it's fine. Keep in mind though that this is the first step to starting a conversation next week. I guess it's going to be hard to start a conversation by waving at a girl who is sitting in another car^^. So I'd suggest to do the regular Hi's most of the time.

NeoDude

Reaction score
Good so far

Well, I couldn't have picked a worse senario for my first day. A Wedding (and I was a complete stranger there), I don't believe we are supposed to attempt those until the end of bootcamp. I also had the misfortune of being sat at a table with a bunch of the grooms men who were the alpha-dogs of the party.

But I beleive I held my own in the conversations, I even redirected some jokes back at them.

I tried to make as much eye contact and hellos with females as possible (still difficult). My score: about 10 middleaged women and 4 of the bridesmades (who were all good looking). I beleive my overall hello/eyecontact score was 25 that evening.

I have been getting the rest at my work with employees (whom I have never met) and customers. I feel this is justified becuase I work for a large company in one of the upper rooms so my contact is usually limited.

yesterday I even started a few conversations with some women.

Over all my hi's are arround 60, but I'm trying for more. The hardest thing for me is the fact that I suffer from acne, it really brings down my confidence. Sometimes I just avoid looking in the mirror because I know that when I do I will sieze up.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad to see some of you already done with the first week. Congrats guys.

I've got another 14 today in the city and 3 yesterday at a bar. Tomorrow I will have to do another 21, I will have to put some effort into it, but I will do it for sure.

What about you guys, CGF, Milo how r u doing?

milo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Walked for 25 minutes around the town and still couldn't say a hi, so I went running for as while, and it was a lot easier, because most people give you EC. Still I only got 6 hi's, didn't get more because there wasn't much more people, it was a little late and it was rainy, but it's a start for me, I think enough to eliminate the fear of doing it on the street.
I've got 43 more to go tomorrow, I'll spend all the day out if it's necessary to make it. It's now or never.

PrinceKong

Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be posting my bc results as well, ban me if it is not welcomed

First day i did really good, 15 greetings in the first half of high school. I started getting lazy, and didn't really try after that. So now i am still stuck at 15. I noticed that i have problems greeting women, so i need to concentrate on that as soon as possible. I have no problem doing eye contact, it is the smile that gets me. I am a fun guy and all, but for some reason i can't pull myself to get out that smile. So i'm going to have to pull off a miracle tomorrow to catch up. I will make it a goal for myself to make most of my greetings tomorrow to attractive females with an attractive smile.

It also seems weird to do all this in high school, i would go out somewhere else to do the BC, but i am currently grounded :(. Anybody participating in the BC doing so in high school?

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The last two times I did the BC I also couldn't manage the smile, you really have to force yourself not to be influenced by other people's mimics. They usually look kind of bored/disinterested and you get the same feeling when looking at them so it's even harder to smile.

It's really just a matter of training. In this BC I noticed that I can smile at people now and the few who smile back really make my day ;)

Guys, please remeber to post your weekly report today if you haven't done so already. Otherwise I am not going to move you to the next week.

Sir Shinra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh? I thought our reports weren't due until the following Sunday?

Regardless, it's 17:30 on Thursday here in Korea and I have seven more 'annyeong haseyo's (hellos) to say today. I rationed them pretty methodically, and they all come during my evening commute back home from my martial arts studio. They will be done by tomorrow morning. As for eye contact, I have made a point to make EC with every single person I pass on the street since I arrived here a month ago, so I'm sure the total for this week is well over 2 hours.

I'll have a detailed editorial later, as I have quite a bit to say about the culture here. Count me in for next week.