milo
combustiont
NeoDude
Sir Shinra
*RHCP*
Impact
WalkingStick
saturos

If anyone is interesting in sharing e-mail, aim, icq, msn, whatever, you may post it right here.

This week goes until next thursday evening. That should be enough time for you to finish the exercises.

Now, it's your responsibility to complete every week on time. You have to:
- Do the reading
- Complete the exercises
- Write a Report at the end of the week
You may:
- Listen to the music (recommended to get into the mood )
- Report any time during the week in this thread
- Ask questions in this thread
- Give tips
If you learn anything new that you think is valuable to others, you are encouraged to post this inside the Tips-Section.

In your Report at the end of the week please state if you were successful completing the week or not. If yes, I am going to move your name to the next week. If no you can either stop or give yourself more time. However, I am not going to take care of you anymore in terms of moving you name further. You have to organise yourself then but can still use this thread.

That's about it as general information goes.

The link to the BC one more time:

http://www.jbspencer.com/djb/Downloads/djbc.pdf
or word Version:
http://www.jbspencer.com/djb/Downloads/djbc.doc

There you will find each weeks reading material, music picks and exercises. I am just going to repeat the exercises in short form in this threads.

Exercises:

1) 2 Hours of establishing eye contact with strangers
2) Saying "Hi" to 50 strangers (you may also use any other greeting )

Good luck DJs!

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I missed the registration for this BC, but I'll post anyway. If you don't want me to post then sue me :D

OK, so I started week 1 today. Total HI's: more than 15, but since I didn't count them, I'll only take into consideration 15.

I arrived to the university very early and just sat alone near the laboratory waiting for the teacher. I said hi to 4(or more?) guys + 2(?) girls passing by. Most just ignored me, a couple said hi back, and a guy posted a precious surprised face and saluted back :)
Then this black dude passes by, I say hi, he responds "Hi, how's it going?". "I'm fine, how are you?" I respond and a very entertaining 3 minute convo ensues. This was my motor for the rest of the day :)

I had a fun convo with an old man in the elevator, when I was going home.

I said hi to a few girls on the street, but they just ignored me.

I said hi to a few dudes on the street; some responded very naturaly, which brightened my day.

Since I'm trying to break my confort zone I went to a movie by myself. It's been a time since I went out so I was excited.

I then went for a walk downtown hoping to see the Christmas lights, but, sadly, they didn't light them up so I took a longer walk. It was then when I said most "hi"-s.

I saw this book and old music exposition so I decided to go in and add some hi-s to my "collection". I tried to make some convos, but they didn't last long cause I almost bursted into laughter faking the interest in those things. :)

On my way home, in the subway, I sit on a chair just opposite to this chick. We make EC wint a smile (MY smile, she has a straight face all along), she breaks it really fast; at the second EC I wave at her and smile, she immediately turns away her head. I'm really amused and then start watching elsewhere. Seconds later, I turn my head towards her and I see her staring at me, but she looks away immediately. I am striving not to laugh my ass off. :D
For some reason (no balls :D) I don't approach her. Of course, different lines run through my head throughout the ride and it's after she left when a "perfect" line comes into my mind.

EC is not a problem for me, but it seems to be for most people. I see girls looking at me when they are 10m away, but they look away when they get closer. Most of the guys avoid eye contact.

Smiling, though, is a bit difficult. I hope I'll smile without effort soon.

I definately feel more at ease in public places, coming from an extended isolation.

I'll be getting a new haircut tomorrow since I get a lot more glances from girls when I look good :D

I'll be checking the other response threads for ideas. Reading a couple of pages today on my mobile phone really pumped me up. I found this is the way to read motivating posts: on the mobile phone, while you're out. Doing so, you can make use of the burts of motivation/confidence right away.

--------------

I see that each of you posted some information about themselves so here's mine: I found this site almost 1 year and a half ago; I immediately started applying stuff that I read with surprising succes (eg: girl friend (2 words) rubbing tits on my arm when standing next to me), but then I lost momentum and in the last year I only read tips and applied those who required the least effort. Bad, bad, bad!

I participated in that huge bootcamp Al Moh started a while back but I didn't even finish week 1 (lots of exams, fear and lazyness). Sorry, dude! :D

I will be changing some of my mindsets and I will become satisfied with my life. I will be a happy man!!

--------------

This was such a long post because I'm proud of myself and I feel like rambling :D

Go on dudes! This first week it totally hilarious (especially the girls who pretend that you don't exist)!
Personally, I have had a stupid, proud grin on my face throughout the day.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CGF, I'm proud of you too!!:flowers:

Violent V

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will hit 50 eye contacts and hi's easily by Sunday because of the nature of my work place.

Keep in mind: when girls look down to the ground when you make good eye contact with them, they are submitting to you i.e. are attracted. I don't know if its 100% true or not, but from now on i take it as a compliment!

Evolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a few "hi's" today, On the way to get a new wire for my brace. One goth girl would not look me in the eye when i said hi, not impressed with her. Talked with the women in the orthodontist making jokes how they are just stealing my money and using it for there xmas party.

Got drunk with my buddy at his house tonight.

A HB came over flirted with her a bit, but but mostly spent quality time with my mate playing mortal kombat and listening to 80's songs. Girl was saying how much fun it was/we were having (basicaly we were just being nerds!).

Going to walk around town tomorrow while my car is being fixed should get lots of eye contact and hi's done then. Tomorrow night going out to a club with about 10 girls im the only guy, done it a few times before. Just trying to push my comfort zone (But I do really wish I had more guy friends!!!!). Should get a lot of hi's done by the end of the weekend. In the week getting hi's is going to be hard as a work long hours and work out straight after, i work in an all male environment. So weekend are going to be my main focus.

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really know if i can say hi to kids i don't know at school? Thats not being confident; its just creepy? Your thoughts on it? I could say 50 hi's to people i know just barely or anyone i know at all, but i'm not sure about saying hi to the other people.
Its one thing to say hi to someone walking their dog, but its not quite the same in high school, is it?
I guess i could go for it. I was just wondering if i should >.>

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
saturos said:
I don't really know if i can say hi to kids i don't know at school? Thats not being confident; its just creepy? Your thoughts on it? I could say 50 hi's to people i know just barely or anyone i know at all, but i'm not sure about saying hi to the other people.
Its one thing to say hi to someone walking their dog, but its not quite the same in high school, is it?
I guess i could go for it. I was just wondering if i should >.>
saturos, you have to say hi to 50 strangers!

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
WAHHHHHH :cry:

Maybe i'll just walk the dog 5 times a day until i've met 50 strangers jogging or walking their dogs >.>

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm not "officially" in this but I'm doing it just the same because I could sure as hell use the experience.

Friday night FR:
Went to two parties. Introduced myself to probably 10 strangers, 30 minutes of eye contact. Number closed an 8 I met tonight. Not sure if I intended on using the number at all or not.

The first party was full of people I knew. The second, I went with four of my friends. None of us really knew anyone there, so the four of them just stayed in their little group all night.

Two great realizations for me:
The first is that it feels awesome to stray from your clique, to go meet new gorgeous women and talk to them and know your friends are looking at you in jealousy, wishing they were charismatic enough to approach a group of strangers and strike up a great conversation. It is an empowering feeling; I can't wait to do it again.

The second - approach anxiety can be overcome by using baby steps. I had major approach anxiety on a 2-set on the other side of the room. I pivoted my body towards them and suddenly it was like "hey, you've come this far, too late to back down now" and I felt compelled to go all the way across the party to chat with them.
If this doesn't make sense, think about it like this: It's much harder to follow through on "I have to go say hi to those two girls" than it is to follow through on "I need to take one step in the direction of those two girls." Once you get the first step going, you're golden. Just make the first move and let the rest flow naturally.

Sorry if some of this is incoherent - I am drunk right now. I have to get the rest of week 1 done tomorrow night. Approaching complete strangers is fun as hell though, and I'm glad I'm doing this.

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey lads,i just started 1hour ago,so far i got 6EC and 5 hi,or how u doing,it feels a bit strange at the beginig,but once u start it gets easier....only one women did not say hi back,just loked down,it felt weird.i just found out that not many people keep EC...SORRY FOR SPELLING

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job guys, I'm proud of you :)

And for those who are not in the BC but still posting here: I am not going to sue you ;) Actually I am glad to have you guys with us, I am just not going to keep track of your progress. I just try to keep those people motivated who signed up.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got 12 hi's today, one of them came with digits. :) I must say, it aint that easy saying hi to people when they just walk by without even looking at you. Most of them looked at me like wtf who is this guy, but thats ok, I smiled and walked further.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a beautiful winter (autumn!) day today so I went to ride my bicycle and get the juices flowing. All the "HI"-s were said from upon the bike. (which could be easier for the very shy guys)

Said hello to a couple of fellow cyclists.

Saluted some older men (50 years old or more), each of whom answered very naturally. I find these poeple the easiest to say hi to.
Actually, every man/dude answered today.

Can't say so about the girls and I think I know why.

The salutation of a man sounds way better in my language (and I transmitted them with more enthusiasm) than the salutation of a girl. Saying hi to a girl sounds like you're speaking from the bottom of a barrel :D

Plans for tomorrow: say a more enthusiastic, extended hello to the girls, something along "hello, miss!" (which sounds nice and cute in romanian). I'll try the same towards the dudes, men and older women as well. (Without the MISS part :D )

Number of salutations today: between 10 and 15 (no precise count). I'll count them as 15 (provided yesterday I approximated in minus)

How are the rest of you doing? C'mon get the FRs going! :up:

---
GJ, Impact!

Evolve

Don Juan
Reaction score
Done the 1 hour eye contact thing, found it hard to find people that will look you directly in the eye. Got the best results from guys in there 20's, but most people looked down when i tried to get EC. Got about 17 "hi's". Got best results from guys and old people. I think the older generation is just wired to be more socially savvy.

Should be going out tonight. I think hi's and EC will get better results off girls when they feel empowered in there groups of drunken girlfriends in clubs. Seems they are a bit timid when hey are on there own going about there every day business in the street

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't post a "fr" from yesterday at school so i guess i'll sum it up:

Said hi to a lot of people i know barely and usually don't talk to, but not anyone i don't know. I tried to do eye contact but i think that no one in high school is doing it. Especially since everyone is in groups. I'll have to see if i can hit up the mall tomorrow or something, since today i had no time because i was at a school event all day.

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok lads,i did somethink i have never done before,i said hi to 2 HB 9 TONIGHT, actualy hi,how u doing,and they responded,it felt realy good,nothing much,but i know know now they dont bite,than i called two waitres my nurse and if they wana tuck my in..:eek:) i asked them if they wana tough my niples,it was something i never done before.

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok lads,i did somethink i have never done before,i said hi to 2 HB 9 TONIGHT, actualy hi,how u doing,and they responded,it felt realy good,nothing much,but i know know now they dont bite,than i called two waitres my nurse and if they wana tuck my in..:eek:) i asked them if they wana tough my niples,it was something i never done before.

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score

bobterminator84

Don Juan
Reaction score
plus my friend had birthday today and gils hired striper,i even hit on her,no one have done it,we talked a bit but nothing happened,but it was cool,i loved that,than she left,then i hit on two women over their 40s,it was nice,loads of lads jelause,tried to fuc@det that up for me,and they did,but it was nice talking and teasing,i just lovd it..was flirtin a lot with waitres tonight