Why the hell is Justin Bieber so damn famous?

FieldReportGuy7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im looking at this kid's album sales and damn....its freakin astounding.

I don't see anything special about this Kid. He's a bit of a fad, he looks like an effeminate girly boy with no talent whatsoever.

This kid is no different from Tickle Me Elmo, like Tickle me Elmo it was adorable and it was huge back then....not so now.

I'd take the Jackson 5 over Justin Bieber any day. Its 2010 and the Jackson 5 have sold 250 million albums worldwide..and I'm sorry...I just dont see the same type of Magnitude for Justin Bieber in the future. Lol...30 years from now, I just don't see people referring as Justin Bieber as a freakin "Legend" like Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra. More like in the " Whatever happened to macaulay culkin ....I mean Justin Bieber?" section in Tiger Beat magazine.

Enjoy the fame while you can kid..because four years from now its gonna start sinking.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Bored, easily influenced teenage girls. Add psychology major dropout brain tank group that specializes in "marketing".
2. Some singing/dancing/etc talent. Doesn't have to be anything major.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teenage girls like what other teenage girls like because they don't want to be left out. It also helps that they don't have any taste in music. This rule applied to most people, not just teenage girls.

It's just a fad, like gay vampires and those battery powered hamsters from Japan.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the world was rational, brain surgeons, physicists and aerospace engineers would be superstars. This goes for anybody in highly technical professions where intelligence and hard-work are barriers to entry.

IMO:

The average IQ of 'a person' is 100.

The average IQ of 'a people' is 80.

The average IQ of 'the people' who built society is 120.

Justin Bieber is just being a capitalist. An average person with a cute face, with a team of intelligent supporting staff, marketing to 'the people' which are incredibly irrational. Get any one of them alone though and 'they' (see: we) seem normal. Just the way it works.

If only I could tell people that the reason 'a people' are stupid is because they are moving with the herd and following the ass of the sheep in front of them. The outcomes of intelligence are creativity and individuality, and this is suppressed in anybody when they become blind followers in a particular cause.

-

This is roughly what I've learned in my marketing classes.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time I logged on here, someone wanted to talk about Jon and Kate. Now I log on this time and Justin Bieber is at the top of the list... Who gives a **** about these people?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
Last time I logged on here, someone wanted to talk about Jon and Kate. Now I log on this time and Justin Bieber is at the top of the list... Who gives a **** about these people?
We give a damn about Justin Bieber the same way a student gives a damn when dissecting a dead frog in science class.

Quicksilver said:
The outcomes of intelligence are creativity and individuality, and this is suppressed in anybody when they become blind followers in a particular cause.
The best way to illustrate this is 'design by committee' also known as, the reason why General Motors made such sh*tty looking cars. When you get a bunch of people in a room, dumb things will happen even if those people are intelligent individually.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look people, these record companies already have the framework set up for the next fad music icon, all they need is a body to fill the empty slot. I'm sure there were a few other candidates that were running for his position.

It's amazing how a strong marketing campaign can force feed a society anything.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's an entertainer. You don't get it, I don't get it, but it happens. Dealing with what matters to us should concern us considerably more.

JamesStark

Don Juan
Reaction score
FieldReportGuy7 said:
Im looking at this kid's album sales and damn....its freakin astounding.

I don't see anything special about this Kid. He's a bit of a fad, he looks like an effeminate girly boy with no talent whatsoever.

This kid is no different from Tickle Me Elmo, like Tickle me Elmo it was adorable and it was huge back then....not so now.

I'd take the Jackson 5 over Justin Bieber any day. Its 2010 and the Jackson 5 have sold 250 million albums worldwide..and I'm sorry...I just dont see the same type of Magnitude for Justin Bieber in the future. Lol...30 years from now, I just don't see people referring as Justin Bieber as a freakin "Legend" like Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra. More like in the " Whatever happened to macaulay culkin ....I mean Justin Bieber?" section in Tiger Beat magazine.

Enjoy the fame while you can kid..because four years from now its gonna start sinking.
As much as I hate to admit it, the little twerp has talent and is girlishly pretty. Little girls and teenage girls love that. I honestly don't know why I hate him so much. I do that he goes near my Katy Perry again, I will end him. I'd like to meat him one day and hope he turns out to be an arrogant prick so I don't have to wory about feeling guilt when I smack him in the head. A guy can dream, eh?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Marketing. Plain and simple.

People are stupid. Just laugh at them. And hope they never get elected to Congress. :p