"Why Nice Guys Fail with Women"

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bigfoot, women want a sensitive jerk .. think that is a good way to sum it up. Women want to see a little 'edge' or testosterone, but also want a sensitive guy who listens and cares for people.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tmpgstx
Bigfoot, women want a sensitive jerk .. think that is a good way to sum it up. Women want to see a little 'edge' or testosterone, but also want a sensitive guy who listens and cares for people.
very well put :cheer:

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks .. i got it from articles written by women - lol! Who says women don't give good advice for attraction?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks .. i got it from articles written by women - lol! Who says women don't give good advice for attraction?
wasnt me since i am a woman hahaha

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One woman said that women generally want to see a little bit of a 'pitbull' in their guy.

Another woman was explaining attraction and why women often go for guys that are jerks syndrome. She said many are jerks, but show enough sensitivity and generally care for other people. She called them sensitive bastards.

I think it's just mainly important not to be a doormat. You can be nice, but don't let anyone take advantage of you.

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luveno
I hate the term nice guy. I prefer doormat.

I know a guy who is like that: do anything for anyone, won't rock the boat, and will apologize if he has a different opinion than someone else. But inside you can see the frustration with life...you know every night he's wondering why things don't go his way...they should right? He's doing everything for everyone.

...wrong! He's spineless. Instead of standing up for himself, he lays down over the puddles EXPECTING people to PAY HIM BACK after they walk over him....

Do you ever feel you need to pay back the favor for your doormat? No. Its a piece of rug.

When people are doormats, they are rugs. Objects.
It only is valid with respect to how he goes about dealing with women.

I know plenty of guys who are real characters, treat other people like crap, always about "what's in it for me," etc. But when it comes to women, they immediately switch over to 'anything for you' mode.

The hardest piece of programming to overcome for most AFCs (including myself) is the old lesson your mother beat into you that you should treat women with respect.

THAT is the great lie we are all raised with. Women respond most favorably to being treated like they are nothing special. The minute they know you've put them on a pedestal, they move on, because they have nothing to prove to themselves regarding you. They already have you.

-CLBJ

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's just mainly important not to be a doormat. You can be nice, but don't let anyone take advantage of you.
That's how i see it. It's not about "aiming for jerk-like", it's about "moving away from being a doormat/pushover"

Originally posted by Cheat_LBJ
The hardest piece of programming to overcome for most AFCs (including myself) is the old lesson your mother beat into you that you should treat women with respect.
I'm lucky that my mother was fairly neutral on this. She pro-her-children. E.g. she expects my sister's boyfriend to do things for her, but if i were busy with something and i was seeing someone and they wanted me for something, it's "no, don't drop everything for her".

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look what this AFC wrote on the subject! This is the problem with society and it's views on gender roles when it applies to dating.

"So what is a nice guy? Well nice guys are romantics with lyrical souls. Nice guys are generally over looked due to the lack of bulging muscles or fast cars. Nice guys won't pretend to be romantic just to get you into the sack. Nice guys are shy, that's right shy, they may go talk to you but won't ask for your number due to the lack of self esteem that history has given them. You definitely won't see a nice guy whistling at you in the mall."

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

This guy goes on and on.. I had to stop reading and look for a bucket to puke in.

http://www.realpics.net/view.article.php?article_id=41

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sux2bu
Look what this AFC wrote on the subject! This is the problem with society and it's views on gender roles when it applies to dating.

"So what is a nice guy? Well nice guys are romantics with lyrical souls. Nice guys are generally over looked due to the lack of bulging muscles or fast cars. Nice guys won't pretend to be romantic just to get you into the sack. Nice guys are shy, that's right shy, they may go talk to you but won't ask for your number due to the lack of self esteem that history has given them. You definitely won't see a nice guy whistling at you in the mall."

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

This guy goes on and on.. I had to stop reading and look for a bucket to puke in.

http://www.realpics.net/view.article.php?article_id=41
Good LORD. Could this guy embody the essence of a complete wussbag any more? This is the kind of blog a 20-something virgin would post--"I'm going to pity my way into your pretty little panties." :rolleyes:

What's worse is some women left comments at the bottom of the article, gushing about it and hence reinforcing this kind of thought process.

Poor guy--he's gonna think he's on the right track.

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and I like this comment that some girl left:

Nice guys will never come out tops, i think women want the nice guys....yet they want the rush, the excitement of the mean ones too, blah i don't know, i don't know what i want anymore :/
A perfect reminder of why we need to pay attention to what women DO, and not what they SAY.

That's old news, I know--but it's worth repeating after reading all that schlock. :cool: