Why MSN is s**t.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May I ask you, when are you are MSN?

Are you on when you are out having a laugh with the boys?

When you're out sarging?

When you're out seducing some chick?

No, you're not.

You're on MSN when you have nothing better to do.

And its the same for her.

MSN is something that we do, when we have nothing better to do.

You are not speaking to your contact list out of choice. Instead, it's out of desperation.

If you're on MSN a lot, it really does say "Look at me, I have no life". This is unattractive.

So what should you do?

I suggest that you limit yourself to a couple of hours a week on MSN, even if you're logged onto the internet. In addition, this will keep conversations fresh. If you're online every night for five hours, how can you possibly talk to the same people for that long? It isn't natural.

MSN flouts every article in the DJ Bible. Let's not use it as much.

homi

Don Juan
Reaction score
its like AIM but more popular in Canada/Europe

dyce

Don Juan
Reaction score
MSN is real popular here in australia, but americans tend to use AIM alot more. i dont like how you can't change your nick on AIM (well that's from the last time i used it which was like 5 years ago)

but yeah what you said is true, and it's not just MSN, it's this site and any other electronic form of entertainment

if you're at home watching tv too much by yourself, or on the net too much, or playing video games all day then you need to read the DJ bible and GET A LIFE

the only time you should be doing these things is to unwind once in a while and just chill at home

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
And what about when you log on when working on a project, leaving it on while fixing something, or leaving it on just because you left something downloading or something like that? I have mine signed in a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm actually at the computer.

lets_do_this

Don Juan
Reaction score
From where i'm from we use Yahoo Messenger.

I am either invisible mode, or "unavailable/busy".

Random Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah the thing to do is to put your status to "away", "busy", "Out to Lunch", etc.

I actually know alot of females who do this. I'll see they aren't there but they message me.

I asked why and their answer is simply so they don't have all the losers on their lists talking to them.

I try to stay off MSN as much as I can because I believe it hurts my grammer and conversation skills.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the solution here is to just put yourself on "away" or "busy" mode. It's the fact that some of you will spend hours everyday on it that is detrimental. It's sort of like if someone tells you that smoking is bad for you, and then you decide to smoke in the bathroom so no one knows you're there. It doesn't help.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I am a horrible offender of MSN. It's on 24/7, away if I'm not, online if I am.

At least I don't normally go 'Sooooo...what's up random person?' every 5 min, I work on my website and stuff like that.

And I go out, but noone knows that ;)

Random Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Docs
I am a horrible offender of MSN. It's on 24/7, away if I'm not, online if I am.

At least I don't normally go 'Sooooo...what's up random person?' every 5 min, I work on my website and stuff like that.

And I go out, but noone knows that ;)
I'm an offender of that as well. I usually forget to turn it off because I don't like using it often.

I'll come back a day later and have a dozen messages asking things like:

"Where Are You??"
"Why are you ignoring me?"

I actually think the best thing you can do is either rarely use it or leave it on all the time and not even be there.

With the first I notice that people will generally talk to me more without me having to start the conversation.

The second I'll have to initiate the conv because nobody thinks I'm there.

Johnnie5

Don Juan
Reaction score
My Pc is on 24/7

I use the appear offine item so i can see who is online and who isnt

I also block people on my list so i dont appear online to them , when i wish to speak with them then i unblock them and wait to see if they talk first and to avoid talking to people non stop and the conversation going nowhere

It is a great tool, i have been doing abit of online sarging lately and have been adding my MSN into the email , a nice short email and add the MSN , they will usually add you as its safe for them and they dont need to reply to your email

from there you can build some rapport and the the other benefit is that woman are more open on there than in real life, you would not believe what you can get out of a woman that she wouldnt say in person

Reaction score
i would just block everyone... when i feel like chattin with them then i unblock them.. but after unblocking i follow the 5min rule to not initiate any contact unless they initiate it first. In this way i could seem to just log in to check my email and if the conv that i later initiate is not going anywhere, i couldjust give an excuse that i've got to log off cos i'm going out or some other excuse. I always try to initiate the logging off first cos it just makes me look busy and mysterious too .... :D

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop messing around with blocking people and just USE YOUR DAMN COMPUTER LESS!

Sigh...

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of us need to use the computer for school/work a lot. I do, so I leave everything on most of the time. However, I DON'T feel like having MSN conversations every damn time I sit in front of the computer. So I just leave in in away mode always. Good thing about doing that is that if you happen to be there and someone sends a message, you can ignore it, and if they later say crap like "why were you ignoring me?" you can just tell them you were jerking off in the kitchen or something.

G