why? lol

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see people talking pretty loud and yea. But how come when i start talking everything becomes quiet and everyone turns to me and it just bugs me lol. I dont look like a nerd or geek or whatever at all. I actually have girls that like me and i talk to them. I just think its because since i have been a shy and quiet person ever since 4th grade. Also i have some classes that are really boring, and i just dont talk because i dont feel like talking, but people just say why am i so quiet.

Any help?

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha wow noobs

this is a good thing man, chicks perceive this as power. when you say something and everyone shuts up and listens, its because they want to hear what you have to say, not cause they think ur weird

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Debonaire
haha wow noobs

this is a good thing man, chicks perceive this as power. when you say something and everyone shuts up and listens, its because they want to hear what you have to say, not cause they think ur weird
really? wtf why do they laugh then:confused:

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snap87
I just think its because since i have been a shy and quiet person ever since 4th grade.
I think because you have the reputation as being quiet, people are a bit surprised when you talk, because it is so unlike you.

I've seen it happen to others before, and I think it might have happened to me in the past. Like you, I was naturally a very quiet person, but over the last 2 years or so, I really started talking more. Sometimes I get annoyed when I am talking to someone instead of with them, and they say nothing back! Which is ironic because I used to be one of those people!

Don't worry, keep on talking and eventually everyone will get used to the 'new' talkative you. :)

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, ur right, i have the reputation of being a quiet person. Thanks ill keep talking.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't talk for the sake of hearing your own voice...

Just be yourself.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few good tips:

The more words that flow from your mouth, the less value each one has.

This does not mean to be a pvssy and stfu. When you have an opinion, state it. If you don't really care much for anything and are just talking to "please others" or breathe hot air on someone else, don't do it.

Thing is, if you're quiet, you're kind of got an upper hand if you handle it correctly. How? Whenever you DO talk, make yourself known and say it loud and proud like you know your stuff. Then people will be like, "damn, that guy's just got the right stuff bottled up."

However, it is good to speak up sometimes in classes and such just to get people to recognize you and get on good relations \with your teacher.