why is this so hard?

smq650

Reaction score
Anyone ever stop and think why getting a girlfriend is so hard? I'm pretty sure most of our dads didn't spend hours upon hours discussing and fretting over how to meet girls. It just kinda happened.

Back when my parents were my age it was also unheard of to be like 25 or 30 and single. Back then, that was just ****ed up. Now it's normal.

So what's different?

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Reaction score
It isnt hard. All the problems are in your head. You are right. When the right one comes, you just know. However, a lot of people are confused. They care about what one girl thinks, and care about why she dosent want to be with them, instead of spending their time finding ones that do. Now, granted we all want a super fine ass btich, but that only lasts so long. Eventually you need something more than just sex. If all you want is sex, then power to you, that is easy to get too.

One thing to remember though, back when parents were your age, things were different. There were social pressures to settle down and get married, and have 1.5 kids. You want to know why the divorce rate is so high? It is all these couples who just settled for what they had, and then realised down the road that that dosent work. Look at the huge numer of single 40+ year olds.

Basically, the first thing to overcome is to stop caring what girls think about you. This one dosent like you? All right, fine. Fcuk her, go get another one, her loss. A lot of these guys here on this board have a problem with letting them go. They are not rare commodities here, it's about 50/50 in the world, so that's like what, 4 billion chicks? Half of which are legal age, and half of that that are hot. So that leaves....ummmm....1 billion chicks? Now all you have to do is find one that likes you

smq650

Reaction score
society has changed..

Society world-wide has changed. I'm from Europe, now living in the US, and I know that in both places people used to get married straight out of high school, or in their early 20's at the latest.

It was the thing to do.

Now, in Europe and also in the US, you have all these single 25 yr olds... me being one of them... it's odd.

My mom always says to me "why dont you find a girlfriend, when I was your age you were already born!" And I have no good answer, other than "I can't find one.. dunno why."

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting a GF is as hard as YOU make it. If you have high standards both looks and personality wise, patience is the virtue. I believe it's great that there are more singles in the world. The more to pick right. Because it counts for both sexes, people have become more picky. The secret is to be ready when you meet that great girl.

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Reaction score
well said. People are just more and more picky these days, i know that i am. It does pay off though, when you finally meet the one that fits what you know you're looking for in a chick.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Getting a GF is as hard as YOU make it. If you have high standards both looks and personality wise, patience is the virtue.

That is so d*mn true....best advice I've heard on this site in quite awhile.

Agent47

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of it is simply because of the effects of modern feminism. Our culture has feminized men to the point of being wussy. We don't know what it means to be a man anymore. Women don't know what the hell they want anymore either. They want a sensitive manly man, what is that??!

trent423

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think it's because people have such big dreams these days that they don't wanna marry until they have fulfilled them. back then, women's dreams were simply to get married and start a family with a good man that can support her and her family, but now women are more ambitious and want to start carreers and stuff so they don't want to marry until they have gotten that part of their lives taken care of.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men were smoother and more experienced back then.

Men chased women and gave them all that emotional crap they wanted. So eventually even the biggest dork would get some and eventually marry his college sweet-heart.Very few men entered there 20's a virgin or 30's unmarried.

Now men are wimps but they still want perfect 10's that put up with all there crap.So they don't get laid so it's actually becoming normal to be 30's year old he's never been kissed.

Guys don't wanna leave the house and they wanna stay unemployed,unkempt,outta shape..but demand to have women overlook all that and see through to "there personalities"..:(

Be smooth and persistent..you'll always have women by your side.Be demanding and sour and you'll have nothing but a hooker that plays you.

gruby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh come on, you guys are full of crap. Getting laid in the past was exactly the same way it's nowdays. You guys sound like our grandparents saying that in their days youth were better and stuff. We all went through the same experiences and even though i agree that feminism fuc-ked some things up i still thing that the way relationships go are still the same. Friend of mine went to visist her native country in Eastern Europe and she says that all the girls in her age group (23) are already married and pregnant. Of course they are -- the best times of their lives are already behind them or rather it's time to start looking for steady relationship especially in economicaly challenged countries. Since in US we can have it anyway we want it girls are not inclined to looks for steady relationship as they don't depend economicaly on men.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by smq650
Anyone ever stop and think why getting a girlfriend is so hard
Why is it so hard?

Well, first of all, it's hard because you are asking the wrong questions. Instead of asking "why is this so hard?" you should be asking "what can I do to make it easier?"

-PDX

Dillinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
It all comes down to BALLS, our generation doesn't have any. MEN where MEN and not cowards, we sit back and analyze everything instead of doing.

Don't get me wrong this forum has brought me great success. But when I started going in the field that's when I starting seeing my flaws and strengths. That's how I became great at what I do, by going in the field and practicing.

I use to get tons of women by using " Real Talk"

luv_ya_amj

Don Juan
Reaction score
These are all good, valid posts and almost totally agree...

HOWEVER...(not that I hate our womanly independence or anything...)

--> Has anyone seriously considered the influence of POP CULTURE and the MEDIA?

I mean, it controls basically EVERY aspect of our lives from the clothes we wear, the cars we buy (or WANT to buy), etc. etc...

...Oh and OF COURSE the dern FOOD we eat!!

THE LIST JUST NEVER ENDS!!

Why would it not then affect our LOVE LIVES??

We want what APPEARS to be better...

Back in the old days, movies, for example, affected what was the norm for those folks...AND, inevitably with time...OUR SOCIETAL MINDSETS HAVE EVOLVED ALONG WITH IT...

BootsOfEscaping

Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandparents have a story about their first date. My grandfather said he took her out and she ordered an "expensive drink" and he told her she shouldn't do that again. He was a well to do business man at the time. That says it all. Can you imagine saying that nowadays to a girl? She was like "ok I will get a cheaper drink next time".

Times have changed!

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding the "get a cheaper drink" example, I had a coffee date last week where I made the girl pay because she was running late. The funny thing was her being late was partly my fault because I told her to meet me at "StarBuck's" but wasn't specific enough about which one I meant. She paid without even a comment or a second thought about it.

You make your own reality.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by luv_ya_amj
Aw, poor thing.

Did she lose her brain along the way?

You'd definitely be paying for my coffee. ;)