Why is there no NFL team in Los Angeles? It's the second largest city in America.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Orange County, which is basically in the L.A. area, region, we have Professional Sports teams of all Sports except for Football. USC does not count, I'm not a USC fan either, it's a College team and College teams don't count for me. So why is there no NFL team in the nation's second largest city? Yes, I know that California has 3 teams, but there is not one in the largest city in the state of California.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
initiatorhater06 said:
I live in Orange County, which is basically in the L.A. area, region, we have Professional Sports teams of all Sports except for Football. USC does not count, I'm not a USC fan either, it's a College team and College teams don't count for me. So why is there no NFL team in the nation's second largest city? Yes, I know that California has 3 teams, but there is not one in the largest city in the state of California.

How old are you ? Do you not remember the Raiders ? Apparently, your city can't support an NFL team. Hence why they left.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly LA also had the Rams as well back in the early eighties.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 22 years old, I was like 5 or 6 years old when the NFL left Los Angeles, and I obviously did not follow Sports back then. The NFL is the most dominant and most popular Professional Sports League in North America, it owns the NBA, MLB, NHL. How come Los Angeles will not support an NFL team?

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always hear it was either because there was no fan support or because L.A. could not fund a new stadium. Is there there more to do in L.A. than any where else?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
initiatorhater06 said:
I always hear it was either because there was no fan support or because L.A. could not fund a new stadium. Is there there more to do in L.A. than any where else?
Honestly...having been in the LA area now for 3 years after growing up in the midwest, I think its because the weather is too nice here and there is too much else to do.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It has to do with laws, regulations, and taxes. It cost too much or is almost impossible to do business in a city located in California. The city and state goverments wants their fair share.

Perfect example is the cruise industry. Most cruise companies have left the ports of L.A. I think all but one cruise line have moved to more business friendly ports. Too many fees, taxes and regulation to make it profitable.

Good ole politicians.

A good lesson for you youngsters.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody wants to put up the money to build the venue. LA will have a team again one day though.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
is there more to do in L.A. than anywhere else? even more than in New York and Chicago combined? and more than Miami?

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been to New York, Chicago, or Miami, so just a simple question, is there way more to do in L.A. than anywhere else? more than all those other cities combined?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually when someone asks "Why don't they do X?" The answer is money.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
so is there more to do in L.A. than anywhere else? I'm just asking a simple question, I'm not trying to turn this into a rant.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
initiatorphaggot stfu will you. your questions been answered. its taxes and politics not "theres so much more to do in LA then the chi or NYC". fking retard.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've heard SoCal is like 50% illegals, who wouldn't be able to afford entry tickets.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
because I've asked this question before on other forums, and other people told me that it's because L.A. Sports fans have reputation for not being real true fans, they only support a team if they are winning, they do not stick with a team through thick and thin unlike other cities and regions, that L.A. is full of fairweather fans, and I asked why are L.A. fans like this? they responded because there are too many other things to do in L.A., so that made me wonder is there more to do in L.A. than anywhere else? Is that why New York and Chicago never lost their NFL teams because they support their teams through thick and thin? For example, the Green Bay Packers, their games always get crowded, always sold out regardless of how well the team is doing, because there is nothing else to do out there in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
same also with Cleveland, and most other regions and cities, but I'm not so sure about New York and Chicago, Miami, because they are also very large cities.