Why is she doing this?

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I got out of an LTR with an Attention Wh0re a few months back, and I just wish to God I had found this site years ago. Sure enough, a month after "we need to take a break", she starts calling me again and crying and the whole shebang. I took her back, and it took her all of a day to begin pulling away from me again. Women love to know they got to you, and nothing strokes their little egos more than a guy who still gives her attention after she has disrespected him, cheated on him, and dumped his @ss.

DJDamage said it best: She isn't on your side anymore. Keeping in any sort of contact with her will only fvck with your head and hinder your recovery.

In the words of Tom Petty, "It's time to move on, time to get goin'."

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her it's over and your done with this. You aren't in need of this attention nor do you want it, so tell her to stop calling you.

Imo she's just checking if she still got it, once you show her she does she'll drop you stonehard, yet again

PimpOfTheSouth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I told her that, its been a little over a month now and she still continues to call me but there is a lot more time in between the calls these days.

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would be interested in finding out what she is calling you 'for'
maybe she is an attention ***** and is trying to get you again just to see if she can, then cut you loose, thats the fine line to walk
I mean, if she can be of some 'value' to you, then keep her around, just dont let her call the shots.
You need to put her ego in check. Let her know you are valuable, your time is, your attention is, and if she wants it, she will have to work for and earn it

Lenni

Reaction score
Let me give you my own experience:

My ex of more than two years broke it off with me in January. After I pleaded with her one last time to make things right, I gave up (thank you sosuave! READ THE "JUST GOT DUMPED" thread and you'll know exactly what's going on). Anyways, from January to April, every few days I was either getting a text or voice message. The messages ranged from "Can I drive to your home?", "Are you ok?" to "My life isn't right without you." Granted, she did branch swing and that was reason enough for me to never talk to her again.

So, to answer why she is still texting/calling you...to stroke her own ego. Don't feed her any of it. TRUST ME on this, when a girl ends it, or even when a break-up happens, let it be. The fact that you're still wondering why she's still contacting you proves the feelings are still there. I know, because I felt that same way before. Do like everyone else says and simply move on and work on improving yourself in every way possible. After that, you won't give a **** anymore whether she calls/txts or if you ever see her again.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Lenni said:
So, to answer why she is still texting/calling you...to stroke her own ego.
And this is why women are selfish and evil. They go out of their way to do these things, fulling knowing what they're doing(trying to mindf*ck you) is dead wrong. I instead of saying to themselves, "I just broke up with this guy, let me be easy on him", they do the opposite. That's why folks, you use them as c*m dumpsters.

Christina

Reaction score
Teej said:
You two broke up for a reason. Don't waste your valuable time, nothing good can come of it at this point.
I agree with Faded Image; girls do this to keep themselves feeling secure in the event that maybe they let go of a good thing they'll never replace. They typically doubt their decisions and need to know that they have a way back if worse comes to worst and they never find a guy of your caliber. In short, she's insecure...
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Speaking from personal, very current experience (and from the girl's perspective)...this is oh so true! Very selfish, but just can't help it! Advice: be strong and let it go for the good of both of you...its a catch 22...you can't go back as this will show weakness on your part and you'll be back to square one, maybe even worse...it may be painful but you have to do it! CUT ALL CONTACT! DONT THINK...

doctor_love

Reaction score
hello Pimp of the South.
The only reason she is contacting you, is in order to get together and then dump you.
Sorry, to be so frank.... As the other members mentioned, please block her number.....
Hope this helps....

PimpOfTheSouth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have cut contact with her we havent talked in a little over a month. Its been some time but I am a lot stronger now. Im not going to lie I still do think whats going to come out of all this but Im For sure moving on thanks to the help of all of you.

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder id anybody ever have any 'actual' success with getting back with an ex? That would be an interesting read.

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
Teej said:
You two broke up for a reason. Don't waste your valuable time, nothing good can come of it at this point.
I agree with Faded Image; girls do this to keep themselves feeling secure in the event that maybe they let go of a good thing they'll never replace. They typically doubt their decisions and need to know that they have a way back if worse comes to worst and they never find a guy of your caliber. In short, she's insecure...
completely agree with this, well said Teej

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually have a girl just like this right now, she was very hot and cold with me and I just told her "forget it, I'm not dealing with the bull****" and I took off.

Now she tries getting back with and calls me all the time, she'll make subtle facebook posts that I know are geared towards me.

Point is this, girls always want what they can't have, now that you're genuinely gone, she's going to want you back, it's really stupid.

Girl's are ridiculous, they'll never have what they want because it's always going to be out of their reach.

Anyway, I just had the conversation with Greg from the show a few days ago, ask yourself if you're willing to tolerate her BS, if not, pick up and move on.

-Kevin

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kevin Feng said:
Point is this, girls always want what they can't have, now that you're genuinely gone, she's going to want you back, it's really stupid.

Girl's are ridiculous, they'll never have what they want because it's always going to be out of their reach.

-Kevin
Ha, us guys are the same.

Once we've got the girl we get 'Buyer's Remorse' and back off, making the girls chase...

BUT...

once we feel we're losing the same girl, we'll (if stupid enough), chase like hell to get them back.

PimpOfTheSouth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well its closing in on 2 months now since we last talked. I get the random Private calls still but a lot less now than before. Yeah I got exhausted of the BS she gave me, she made me her 2nd option and in my opinion im second to none. I was tired of getting told that "one day we would be back together" and BS like "im coming back for you when the time is right". Still Calling me BABE even though shes with another dude, I just couldnt take it anymore and I finally let go.