"Why do you ask"

JuanMoore

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you know a girl at work or college. You ask her something about her life and she says: "Why do you ask that" in a normal tone of voice.

I usually say: "I just wanna know" or "I don't know, I'm bored, entertain me".

What are good answers to this kind of test?

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all you are probbly trying to get comfort without attraction, so I would work on that first. However, to provide a basic answer to the larger question of how to handle these comments in other contexts.

I dont really worry about things at this level, but if you want to micromanage there are various theories for predicting how to handle this:

Hoop Theory
In hoop theory her questioning you rather than giving complaince is a sign of being tested. Therefore, you should refuse to jump into the hoop by giving a direct answer. You could make her jump into your own hoop first, use C&F, or some other strategy to avoid being just another puppet for her to play.

Norm of reciprocity in Self Disclosure
Self disclosure tends to lead to more self disclosure in research. However, I believe this doesn't apply to early intreractions between potentiol mates of high value, and thus, not a strategy I find applicable.

Self Fuffiling Prophecy
Basically if one whole heartidly believes she's playing hard to get and wants him, it may be more likely that he subcommincates this and she ends up doing so. According to this theory, one should reframe the thought process rather than manage specific responses.

Awesome that your are intergrating good communication skills into your daily life.

JuanMoore

Don Juan
Reaction score
****y and funny it will be then.