Why do SoSuave Front pg Tips suck?

honeyshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I loaded the frontpage of Sosuave in order to get on the forums, and I notice the featured tip...

A Stunningly Beautiful Woman
by Mark Bednarski

I found this technique to be a great one for picking up women.

Walk up to a woman that you find attractive. The setting is irrelevant. And say to her with a smile:

"Excuse me, but I could not help to notice you while walking here. I wanted to let you know that you are a stunningly beautiful woman."

Then wait for a response which, in 95% of all cases, is a mix of stunned disbelief mixed in with blushing and immediate like toward you.

I find that most of the time this is all you have to say, and the woman will do most of the talking and the pressure is off you. The woman will freely continue the conversation with you.

What a bunch of ****. This piece of advice goes against pretty much all of the information I have picked up from this site. Why is it plastered all over the front page of SoSuave? This will not work on attractive and/or mature women. What a joke.

Peace.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's as though the advice is directed at somebody who has everything else down...

It is crap advice for anybody out there, it's also run of the mill walk up to her and give a wedgie advice....

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man, I read that tripe and I had to laugh.

It's so obviously wrong that it borders on satire.

All I could think was APRIL FOOL'S :nono:

Please tell me that's what it was, somebody!

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Then wait for a response which, in 95% of all cases, is a mix of stunned disbelief mixed in with blushing and immediate like toward you.

I find that most of the time this is all you have to say, and the woman will do most of the talking and the pressure is off you. The woman will freely continue the conversation with you."

haha lmao. :crackup: that's hilarious. how it got onto the main page I'll never know.

saki

Don Juan
Reaction score
same here, the front page news has been some garbage lately. I am wondering why some of the posts I read on the actual forum never get put there instead.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While that line does sound corny, remember it's not always what you say, but how you say it. I remember several years ago when I worked at a Men's suit store in a purely comission based job. At that time I had 3 bosses showing me the ropes when it came to opening and closing sales, and each one had a different style for saying essentially the same thing. For me however, none of their methods worked and I had to improvise and come up with my own way of doing it. Picking up women is the same as making a sale essentially. If you are in control of your own conversation flow, you'll be surprised what you can say, and what you can get away with.

The key to it is communication. The more you open conversations, the better you are at it, and you can come up with ways to make even a corny line like that one above sound good.

On a side note, I think working in a comission based job is one of the best things you can do to perfect your communication skills. When the outcome of your paycheck depends on your ability to influence strangers, you'll be surprised how fast you can develop a charismatic personality.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say be thankful that you can tell what wouldn't work (for you) without spending a lot of time finding out the hard way. Think about the guys who are still in the mindset of having to try just anything. Who knows, maybe posting on the front page of a web site helps them justify that what they are attempting actually works... Who knows...

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter said:
remember it's not always what you say, but how you say it.
Exactly.

You also need to remember that what has worked for some indivdual's may not work for others.

When it comes to a tip like that you need to see the pickup itself. If the guy is above average looks, dresses well, is charming, confident and speaks well it then why would he fail??!! You also need to see how he approaches the women, what sort of eye contact does he give them, how he smiles at them etc....

This is a very basic tip, so take it for what it is.

DjDamage

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Think about the guys who are still in the mindset of having to try just anything. Who knows, maybe posting on the front page of a web site helps them justify that what they are attempting actually works
:up:

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
Are you guys all idiots? OMG!!!111oneone it's not C&F it can't work!!!!111oneone

I'm good looking, and use this line (in variation) all the time. They melt like butter.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:
Are you guys all idiots? OMG!!!111oneone it's not C&F it can't work!!!!111oneone

I'm good looking, and use this line (in variation) all the time. They melt like butter.
And not all of us are goodlooking.

Got friends who are scarred for life, like serious scars, that this wouldn't work for. I've also got friends who weigh far more than they would like, and the only motivation they have is women, if they came up with this line, they'd come off as desperate.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the guy is above average looks, dresses well, is charming, confident and speaks well it then why would he fail??!
And why isn't every guy on this site working towards dressing well, being charming, confident, and speaking well? All it takes to have "above average looks", for those not genetically gifted with the ability to drop panties at a glance, is to have above average grooming habits along with above average style. Really get yourself put together and you can pick up girls with this line.

Why does everybody here want to be fat, lazy, poorly groomed and get some pickup advice that will supposedly get you models? What's wrong with you?

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After the man is made, the clothes make the man...

Confidence follows you in your footsteps, if you leave your best foot behind you, your bad confidence will lead:)

Dress up folks!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to take the front page articles for what they are. It's someone elses opinion and view point. Just like all of you post your findings/tips on how to do things, the front article is a tip based on opinion and to some extent findings relating to women. Do you have to agree with it? No, infact I find some of the things posted in the articles very disagreable, just as I find many of the post created by members of this site very disagreable. I guess you can just call me a free thinking human being (like I hope most of you are).

In any event the post are there, take it or leave it. Personally when I read the title of the one that's up there now I knew the rest of the article wasn't worth my time so I didn't bother. After reading it over in the copy post here, I can see my decision was the right one.:rolleyes:

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the tips seem kinda awkward to use. Others I have found to be really helpful.

Really just depends. But on the other hand, as corny and stupid as this tip sounds, I have seen guys who've used a similair approach and have succeeded. It's not the line that gets them in my opinion, as much as it is the way that it is said (confident, ****y, and very sexual).

But hell, at least it gets you out there and makes you talk to girls.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on the girl too. Say that line to an HB9 who gets hit on 50 times a day and you'll be getting an eye rolll with a dose of leave me the fukk alone.

Now say that to a girl who just lost 20 pounds and is wearing her new skirt to the mall and I'm sure she will be very happy and receptive (assuming you have some charisma).

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say it with absolute confidence, and she'll melt. Come on guys, its called being 'suave'. If you don't think this girl is absolutely stunning, you don't say it. Its definitely not crap advice, and it can work. If you have the balls to say it, and you say it properly, with absolute confidence, you'd be surprised at how effective it can be.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if i remember correctly "stile" used that when he was on the view or some damn thing like that. I know one of the "gurus" use it.