Why do POF and the women on it pretend to be so anti sex?

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every profile states 'I'm not looking for a hook-up', or 'Don't message me if you're just looking for sex' and even the site itself warns:

If your profile contains sexual language of any kind your account will be deleted.

But we all know that everyone on there is looking for either sex or a relationship in order to have sex. So what's with this anti-sex hypocrisy on POF?

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls put that to A) Not come off as a slvt when in fact they are, B) take away culpability for the fact that they are indeed just looking for sex, and C) Filter out the chodes who actually believe that they're being serious when they post that. They're sick of getting crude messages from chodes straight up hinting or asking for sex.

In my experience the girls who have to post "not looking for a hook-up" are usually very down to hookup.

The reason why POF probably has that policy is because they want to be viewed as a "dating" site and not a hookup site. Much of their market revolves around the idea of finding your one true love on the site or whatever. If people thought it was just a bunch of creeps looking for sex (which it basically is), it would hurt their business.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
Girls put that to A) Not come off as a slvt when in fact they are, B) take away culpability for the fact that they are indeed just looking for sex, and C) Filter out the chodes who actually believe that they're being serious when they post that. They're sick of getting crude messages from chodes straight up hinting or asking for sex.

In my experience the girls who have to post "not looking for a hook-up" are usually very down to hookup.

The reason why POF probably has that policy is because they want to be viewed as a "dating" site and not a hookup site. Much of their market revolves around the idea of finding your one true love on the site or whatever. If people thought it was just a bunch of creeps looking for sex (which it basically is), it would hurt their business.
lol

what does your username mean? does it have something to do with heavy eyelids and going to sleep?

Ruleit

Don Juan
Reaction score
For women its ALL about: PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY

So that when they DO hookup with someone they can say:

a) "It just happened"
b) "We're soulmates"
c) "He took advantage of me while I was vulnerable"
d) "I've never done this before"
e) "I slipped and fell on his d!ck"

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that the women who post "Not looking for hookups" have done a LOT of hookups in the past and in the present as well.

goldengoose

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
El Payaso said:
I find that the women who post "Not looking for hookups" have done a LOT of hookups in the past and in the present as well.
I agree. What about the chicks who say "I"m over the hook ups and ONS's."

"I'm looking for more than just a hook up."

A lot of those chicks are 5's and lower saying that.

The chicks who say they aren't here for sex are first ones to bring up the topic of sex when you talk with them.

zinc4 said:
This is just women in general...
Very true but the online women make it more obvious

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just women in general...they are all like this real life too.....they all say that and i'm convinced some or a lot of them even believe themselves when they say it....but if the right guy comes that tickles her fancy ofcourse she is looking for sex....

I find the trick is never ever state or be too obvious that you want sex....you have to be a little ambiguous to go along with their retarded game....or they lose interest...most of them that is....
That's why i really respect the ones who straight up say they are looking for sex and don't play games...they may be sluts, but they are honest and direct sluts at least as opposed rto your every day girl who has to make an excuse to herself and her friends all the time for anyhting she does...

Women are sheep man....this is why they all say that garbage...

Plus they always want to be a little uncertain if the guy really wants sex from them or not hence why you have to be ambiguous with these sluts...

It's really too bad you just can't club them over the head and take them back to a cave like in the old days...this is really how your average woman should be treated....

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goldengoose said:
I agree. What about the chicks who say "I"m over the hook ups and ONS's."

"I'm looking for more than just a hook up."

A lot of those chicks are 5's and lower saying that.

The chicks who say they aren't here for sex are first ones to bring up the topic of sex when you talk with them.

Very true but the online women make it more obvious
I can bet some good money that any woman who mentions in her profile that she's over hookups, isn't looking for hookups or something similar has been involved in hookups and is probably still involved in it.

It's basically their online version of a b!tch shield.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience with this kind of thing is that 1. women themselves don't realise their own bullsh!t being bullsh!t in practice, 2. women will rationalize their bullsh!t if it's pointed out to them and 3. what they say about it *can* be true (at least mostly), but it can also mean what the rest of the guys in this thread have said.

Don't take it seriously, just treat what they say as the words of a child.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check this out for further evidence of stupidity and hypocrisy. On the FAQ section it says:

Why has my account been deleted?
POF has 0 tolerance for users who are rude, upload fake pictures, married, use sexual language in their first email, upload nude photos or break our terms of service in any way. Any user caught doing so is deleted. Users who are deleted may not signup to the service again.

Yet when filling out the marital status section it gives you an option of MARRIED!!

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In all fairness there's a large percentage of broads there who truly aren't looking for hookups. That's not to say they've never hooked up! They may just be looking for a nice beta sucker to marry now. The key to a happy life is to not be him.

That's why you have to be overtly sexual in your profile. The ones who are looking for beta shlubs to marry can pass me up :)

GreyKnight

Reaction score
It really is just a lame attempt at deflecting the undesirables...in my experience, if she fancies you, anything written in her profile gets instantly forgotten. I've been amazed at the women I've bedded and how their profiles did not square up to their words. Their actions were much nicer though ;)