Why do people think Im trying to be better then everyone?

gunit630

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dress to impress the *****es and some people think that I think Im better then everyone. Do any of yall get this and how do you handle it?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats because theyre jealous and can go **** themselves.

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
do something that lets them know you don't really give a ****

im pretty much a dirty boy (not hygiene) in clean clothes

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it could also be that you are being INAPPROPRIATE.

if the vibe of the gathering is casual and you are dressed to the 9s, that is actually a social faux pas... on par with being UNDERDRESSED (although when in doubt, it is better to be slightly overdressed, it IS offensive if you are WILDLY OVERDRESSED for the occasion).

this is actually a turn off for women too... more than anything, they seem to want a guy that is APPROPRIATE rather than spiffy.

delta

AlekNovi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at that point 2-3 years ago.

Are you somewhat socially anxious, and care what people think when in social situations?

Is this coming from BOTH women and men (who could care less about fashion?)

If so, it happens that people tend to very wrongly misinterpret being introverted for being arrogant (being above them).

When I first started dating and getting more social, girls who knew me from before all told me the same thing (you were so arrogant, and thought you were above everyone else)... How did they conclude that? Because I was well-dressed, yet didn't go and start conversations, and didn't smile all the time (are you mostly expressionless?).

When you aren't very social and talkative, when you are somewhat shy and introverted, people tend to project the worst on you (since you're like a blank emotionless canvas).

If you're socially unskilled AND badly dressed they term you a creep, loser or nerd. If you are dressed good (because creeps, nerds and losers can't be dressed well), then they assume you must be arrogant then, because that's the only reason you wouldn't talk to them and be the life of the party.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
AlekNovi said:
I was at that point 2-3 years ago.

Are you somewhat socially anxious, and care what people think when in social situations?

If so, it happens that people tend to very wrongly misinterpret being introverted for being arrogant (being above them).

If you're socially unskilled AND badly dressed they term you a creep, loser or nerd. If you are dressed good (because creeps, nerds and losers can't be dressed well), then they assume you must be arrogant then, because that's the only reason you wouldn't talk to them and be the life of the party.
Hey great point. This has happened to me a lot recently...I didn't think of it in this way. I'm going to remember this as I try to be more friendly/social.

ye yeah

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got the same,had a friend of mine.. she said "you think your better than us,and everyone else.. your up yourself" and i said "and why do you think that?" and she said "its obvious" and i asked for reasons and she couldnt give me one and she said "but you even do it subtly" lol wtf

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i might have this problem too.

the solution is to just be more friendly and social?

Lost1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something similar happened to me, I met this girl and her friend knew me from some class I was in with him. He told her that I was full of myself, I never present myself this way consciencely. I was prolly the louder one of the class i guess this is why the dood was willing to talk me down to a girl. Or he's into her or something.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gunit630 said:
I dress to impress the *****es and some people think that I think Im better then everyone. Do any of yall get this and how do you handle it?
Your attire plays a part in defining what people think of you. The people with whom you socialize play a part in defining what you think about yourself. Elevate your company! Don't change your dress.

edmond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well done

If you are better than the rest, then well done:rockon: . Most of the people I see, men AND women look like sacks of sh*t. Why should you lower your high standards?
If you are an Alpha, why should you care what the rabble think?

edmond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot

I forgot, try and read fashion or sport books and guide so you find out what makes you look EVEN better, e.g.: types of shirts, colour coordination, posture...
Then no one will criticize you anymore, because you will have left all these little people behind.
Yes, it’s lonely at the top:cool:

gunit630

Don Juan
Reaction score
edmond said:
If you are better than the rest, then well done:rockon: . Most of the people I see, men AND women look like sacks of sh*t. Why should you lower your high standards?
If you are an Alpha, why should you care what the rabble think?
Very good point dude. Find people that try to be better. Not people that want you to be the same as everyone else

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**** them, they think you wanna be better than everyone cuz you CAN be or ARE better than everyone

jigga23

Banned
Reaction score
you wont believe how many people tell me that sh!t about being too cool stuck up etc. and on top of that im sure theyre are a lot more that think the same. its better though your not labeled the nice guy you labeled the ****y d1ckhead. rather that than nice. I personally think im better than a lot of people. i try to hang out with people that are more to "my" level whatever that is. obviously your hanging with people that have no clue and that are pvssies. the f*gs that say sh!t are the ones that wish they could have that confiedence and feel subordinate and try to bring u down to their level.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gunit630 said:
Very good point dude. Find people that try to be better. Not people that want you to be the same as everyone else
I wish I would have realized that years ago... I wouldn't have wasted so many years with fairweather-friends-in-disguise.

VSTbeserk

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is why i'm still holding back on my change i'm doing everything slowly i've now grown my hair out and comb it back and gel it looks f'n good but if one of my friends from high school saw me I can almost say they would give me a hard time....not all of them but a few of them....

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
gunit630 said:
If people think that about you, it's probably got more to do with your attitude than your clothes. If this is the case, you need to chill out bro; there is nothing attractive about being full of yourself.

The type of clothes you wear shouldn't have any type of bearing on your personality. Sure, some clothes will make you feel a little bit more confident about yourself, but don't start acting like your $hit doesn't stink just because you look good; that's ridiculous.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its better though your not labeled the nice guy you labeled the ****y d1ckhead. rather that than nice.

You don't want to be labeled the nice guy or the ****y d*ckhead, you will loose in both cases. If you want to play the ****y d*ckhead role, do it in a playful manner (I do it all the time and it works great), but don't go around acting like an a$$hole thinking that it is going to attract girls and move you up in social circles, it doesn't work that way.