Why do girls need to proclaim they are "hot"

Mystic

Don Juan
Reaction score
happens to me a lot ill be talking to a good looking girl and theyll somehow say they are hot in the conversation.

one example is this girl was like if you see blah blah tell him I looked hot

another was I get better service at the car wash cause im hot

etc etc anyone notice this?

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low Self esteem?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just bust on them...

Hot? You didn't look in the mirror this morning, did you?

or, Hot? Now why would I lie for you. I don't even know you that well...

Reaction score
'Hot' is just a new slang that has been used for the last few years - hors like to put attention on themselves, don't give them the satisfaction and ignore them, or as stated in the posts above, ridicule them!!

Hubris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares? It's actually good if they say that. It's a form of advertising sexuality.

I let the ladies know I'm hot. It usually leads to better conversations than just plutonic ones.

Also, as someone else said, it totally leaves open C+F byreplying "what are you talking about". Through in some kino and you're there.

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score

That means they want YOU to tell them they are hot. Possible sign of attraction, take advantage of it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put them on the spot by asking "What makes you so hot?" ;)

LostbutFound

Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta go with Low Self-Esteem. The last girl I was with only talked about guys hitting on her and stuff and I would be like....ok. I dont know if she was testing me or what, but after we broke up (and like a dumbass I still talked to her) all she ever talked about is sexy this and sexy that...

I see it this way, If you have to keep saying your sexy or really put yourself out there...then they are looking for compliments because deep down they feel like sh*t about themselves. most times they'll use their good looks and keep guys around thinking they'll get sex and its all just to make them feel good about themselves (yep dumbass me again)

Dont buy into it like I did...I found out that the real hot girls are the ones that are hot, but they dont use that to get what they want. They keep it to themselves and dont go around looking for compliments to make them feel better...They know they are hot, but its no big deal, they just stay humble about it....Those are the real hotties!!!!!!

uh hum...P.S....Good luck finding them, lololol

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LostbutFound
I gotta go with Low Self-Esteem. The last girl I was with only talked about guys hitting on her and stuff and I would be like....ok. I dont know if she was testing me or what, but after we broke up (and like a dumbass I still talked to her) all she ever talked about is sexy this and sexy that...

I see it this way, If you have to keep saying your sexy or really put yourself out there...then they are looking for compliments because deep down they feel like sh*t about themselves. most times they'll use their good looks and keep guys around thinking they'll get sex and its all just to make them feel good about themselves (yep dumbass me again)

My ex-exactly!

And she calls me every other day just to talk... I always make up some excuse not to talk to her. But, she always calls back in a couple of days... Thing is, she's still seeing the guy she dumped me for... I know she tells him I call her... What a whacked biotch....

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
They want you to acknowledge their hotness...to insure that it isn't lost on you.

Best thing you can do, probably, is just shrug off this comment. If you don't acknowledge her hotness, one of two things happens. If she KNOWS she's hot, she assumes that you get hot women all the time and that her hotness is of no significance to you. If she has no self-esteem, she may wonder if she's hot enough for you.

Black Bahindian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
They want you to acknowledge their hotness...to insure that it isn't lost on you.

Best thing you can do, probably, is just shrug off this comment. If you don't acknowledge her hotness, one of two things happens. If she KNOWS she's hot, she assumes that you get hot women all the time and that her hotness is of no significance to you. If she has no self-esteem, she may wonder if she's hot enough for you.
Once more, if she is assumes that you get hot women all the time, she may try to show you why her particular "hotness" is special among the other hot women you've met, which might work to your favor.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shut her up with this,

"yeah, but most hot chicks are ice cold in bed."

which is true many times. then she'll be thinking about proving otherwise to you, or she'll be paranoid that you'll diss her about it behind her back.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is half a self-affirmation and half a flirtatious means of courting an affirmation from you. If a woman actively seeks, and indeed needs affirmations from others, why would she not need to remind herself of her value?

By the way, this is also why neg-hits tend to work on HB's. It plays to their insecurities and puts them in a position where they actively seek your approval. She needs you to put her back on that pedastal you just knocked her off of.

-CyranoDeBergerac

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
shut her up with this,

"yeah, but most hot chicks are ice cold in bed."

which is true many times. then she'll be thinking about proving otherwise to you, or she'll be paranoid that you'll diss her about it behind her back.
I like it! :D

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
I like it! :D
Eh. It stops just short of the mark. It might be improved by tacking on a direct inquiry like "...are you?" or a "...care to prove me wrong?".

Fransisco D'Anconia has the right idea. I'd just grin a little bit and tell her, " As a guy, I think I might be a bit more qualified to judge your hotness and from where I'm sitting I still need a bit more convincing."

-Cyrano

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CyranoDeBergerac
Eh. It stops just short of the mark. It might be improved by tacking on a direct inquiry like "...are you?" or a "...care to prove me wrong?".

Fransisco D'Anconia has the right idea. I'd just grin a little bit and tell her, " As a guy, I think I might be a bit more qualified to judge your hotness and from where I'm sitting I still need a bit more convincing."

-Cyrano
Now that's what I'm talking about. ;)

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hubris
Who cares?
Is an excellent retort. ****y of course.