Why do girls give numbers when they are not interested?

alphamailman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting rinside @ the AFC Lightweight Championship
Because girls are too weak to reject anyone that does have the COURAGE to ask them (read: lacks spinal cord). If I get neg-repped by Allie Girly for this post, then...piss off! Wattup Lookyoung? Get it on the mat bro.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Never assume interest unless the girl sleeps with you. THIS IS THE BIGGEST INDICATOR OF INTEREST LEVEL. Woman have become masters at getting guys to do things for them.

I have noticed that recently even at the clubs a guy and a girl will be engaged in a great convo. Smiling, laughing joking even some kino. Next thing you know the girl gets up and leaves and never comes back. Woman are experts at fuking with guys heads. Hot girls get hit on every minute of the day and your not going to beat them at there own game. The way you beat these cvnts is not giving a fuk and the girl being interested in you in the first place.

You can't create attraction my friends. And one more thing to the 55 year old that says a 23 year old HB10 flirted with me at work and she has a high interest level in me. Make a thread on that after you bang her and than you will know how high her interest level is, until than shut the **** up.
I agree that a girl sleeping with you is a sign of high interest *usually* - unless both of you are drunk or she is clearly digging for gold.

For me, the one major thing I look for is her saying *yes* to you over and over again when you ask her out - especially if she automatically goes along with your date ideas. One key - if she does not promise you right away and instead asks: 'Oh so what are we going to do?' Then her interest level is not *that* high - she could be just bored on a Saturday night.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that a girl sleeping with you is a sign of high interest *usually*
Even if she fvcks you within an hour of knowing you, it still may be nothing. This has happened to me several times. The last 5 girls I fvcked used me as a diversion from their boyfriends for a night. They never wanted a date, they never wanted a relationship, they just thought I was hot and wanted to have sex with me once in a while...that's it.

I suppose I could be upset at how manipulative and non-virtuous these girls are, but I just get over it and find another one.

To the OP, I suggest you just start asking females if they want to come home with you and skip the whole "date" thing.

desidoc

Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Jesus, that got ugly. Normally I would say just ignore it and move on but I can imagine how angry this must have made you. I know if I was in your shoes and this happened I would have been pissed. This kind of disrespect is unforgivable

Here is my suggestion. Post a few adverts in the local newspapers advertising something for sale. Whatever it is, make sure its a good offer.

Think along the lines of

"Xbox 360 with 2 controllers and 37 games for sale. $500 for the lot"

I would post adverts for both numbers if you still have them. Even worse, you could place adverts for "erotic massages for $75 an hour."

Their phone will ring off the hook for a solid week. Then do it again in a months time just to really drive it home. Both those *****es will throw their numbers away. All those men they handed their numbers out to will be gone and they will have to start from scratch again.

Post the advert via the web from an internet cafe or from a public telephone.

Never did it to a woman, but I did do it to a former work colleague who was the most unethical sales person I have ever met. Broke him in pieces.

LOL

I like this idea. And I have seen people use it.
But the point is - the chick doesnt know you did this and so its not entirely "that satisfying".
I would want to **** up the chick and her to know that I did this.
Call me saddist....but revenge is a dish best served cold.

Beginner1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is YOUR ANSWER trent81.

I have tried to seriously reason this out myself for years. It makes absolutely NO LOGICAL SENSE. Ego stroking is definitely possible but, giving someone their real phone number negates just that being the reason. They can stroke their ego with giving you a fake number, SERIOUSLY......SO by them giving you their actual number I can only come up with one possible 100% percent reason for this happening and then they give the cold shoulder. Alcohol or Drugs.......I have seriously experienced this kind of stupid behavior when I met a gir at either a bar or club or maybe even the beach. If you met a girl at say church or at the mall just waking around I can almost guarantee you that the girl will not just go with the flow and and er number out for an ego stroke. She will be more inclined to say or even lie that she is with someone or not interested.
Alcohol and drugs alter our thinking. When we all are in a party atmosphere we are relaxed and don't really care about anything. We just fee good and so does attention from the opposite sex. Now when the buzz wears off, we could care less about anyone else but ourselves. THAT IS THE 100 % TRUTH i this situation has happened to anyone.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The title of this thread is misleading --

Women CAN be interested enough to give a phone number out during an initial conversation, but if that interest level disappears 20 seconds after you walk away, then you're going to get no response.

It's not that they weren't interested, it's that you didn't create a strong enough impression to hold their interest until your phone call.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#41 said:
The title of this thread is misleading --

Women CAN be interested enough to give a phone number out during an initial conversation, but if that interest level disappears 20 seconds after you walk away, then you're going to get no response.

It's not that they weren't interested, it's that you didn't create a strong enough impression to hold their interest until your phone call.
That is the best explanation so far.

A woman's IL will NOT be as high two or three days later in a guy whom she met in a bar and shouted at (over the music) for all of ten minutes.
The PUA belief is that waiting to call her INCREASES her IL...Bullshyte. She has no investment in you, and you have created little value in her mind, YET.
The longer you wait to call the more time she has to let her imagination run wild (with the gloomy urging of her sour girlfriends).. BY the time you get around to call her a week later because you foolishly believe that you are being all DJ, she has you as a criminal child molester with a crack habit, running from the law or at least two ex wives. OR perhaps she believes that you are on the witness protection progarm and are living with a new ID and a face transplant..

aarfaarfgotcha

Reaction score
Ha ha ha, I stopped asking for numbers because the chicks flaked so often, then the chicks started asking ME for my number and/or a date, only to flake later (after the date was confirmed). This happened more than 10 times in a row. Gotta laugh at the chicks these days.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aarfaarfgotcha said:
Ha ha ha, I stopped asking for numbers because the chicks flaked so often, then the chicks started asking ME for my number and/or a date, only to flake later (after the date was confirmed). This happened more than 10 times in a row. Gotta laugh at the chicks these days.
see, don't go on dates. waste of time, unless you are doing something you want to do.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aarfaarfgotcha said:
There is something about your screen name that is deeply disturbing.

Micheal Moon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of the times its just attention seeking for the most part and the same time its the classic "WTF are girls thinking?" that you can't explain.

I remember several years ago I chatted up this girl after a concert and it was going really well. She gives me her number and as I come off the train she's making a hand signal of a phone to her head and lip reading "call me".

I then call the number 2 days later and she acts like she doesn't even know me:crackup: Yeah and I suppose you don't remember what you ate for breakfast too I guess.

Plusm, she wasn't drunk or anything, this was in the daytime in the afternoon.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think she gave you her number to get rid of you, though women do that. Women also give out their number if they're bored and lonely and figure you'll take them out, and if nothing better comes along, then they may go out with you. Maybe something better came along.

You have to ask yourself:

Did she give you her number without hesitation?
When you asked, did she counter by asking for yours first?
Did she offer you her work number instead?
Did she ask you why you wanted her number?

Any of that signals that she's not really interested. An interested girl immediately spells out her digits for you and will write it on your hand if you don't have any paper handy to make sure you have it.

But this is what I think happened:

1. When she was asking you "lots and lots of questions", she was actually searching for flags. Somewhere in the process she gave you her digits, but that may have been before you said something that turned her off by way of your answers or conversation with her. The lesson there is: DON'T ANSWER their questions. DON'T be an open book. If you blink the wrong way, they'll next you. Deflect with humor and kid them around. Gives them some things to discover about you, or you could say, gives them more reason to go out with you.

2. Expecting a new woman to return your call almost guarantees failure. Some may, but it's not typical, even if they ARE interested. Some woman are simply brought up that "a girl doesn't call the guy". Later after you've dated them some, they will, but not always when you first meet. So, basically, what you did was put all the control into her hands by expecting her to return your call while you waited.

3. Persistence doesn't pay off any more then persistently kicking a dead horse gets it to move. Their disinterest isn't reversed because you call more frequently. Imagine an annoying static cell phone call: it doesn't get better just because you talk louder.

4. Writing her back in the tone that you did only reinforced that she made the right choice in not getting involved with you. And she sees through the whole attitude of "I don't want to ever talk to you again", because if someone really didn't want to ever speak to her again, he wouldn't be emailing her.

If you still don't get it, you have to re frame how you look at things. Otherwise, this will happen again and you'll only increase your frustration.

Next time around, don't get into answering their questions unless you answer C+F, get the number and get out. When you call for a date, don't leave messages and don't expect return calls. If she's not in, call again a few days later at a different time. If you leave a VM, just say, word for word: "Hey, it's Trent! Sorry I didn't catch you by your phone. Talk another time, bye." To me, this is the perfect message. If you need to know why, PM me.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
Did she give you her number without hesitation?

When you asked, did she counter by asking for yours first?
Did she offer you her work number instead?
Did she ask you why you wanted her number?

Any of that signals that she's not really interested. An interested girl immediately spells out her digits for you and will write it on your hand if you don't have any paper handy to make sure you have it.
Truth.

There are several huge clues to her IL in you ( and her SOP also) in those few minutes when you ask for her email/digits and she is fumbling for a pen.

Her reaction style to your request for her contact details is loaded with vital signs.
A woman who refuse ,hesitates or blocks or argues (worse) is a guaranteed flake, or alternatively she is a woman who will endlessly create drama and chaos and keep you jumping though hoops .

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eeeeeeeeh

Duffdog said:
Even if she fvcks you within an hour of knowing you, it still may be nothing. This has happened to me several times. The last 5 girls I fvcked used me as a diversion from their boyfriends for a night. They never wanted a date, they never wanted a relationship, they just thought I was hot and wanted to have sex with me once in a while...that's it.

I suppose I could be upset at how manipulative and non-virtuous these girls are, but I just get over it and find another one.

To the OP, I suggest you just start asking females if they want to come home with you and skip the whole "date" thing.

BINGO

Don't assume because she puts "out" that her IL is super high, I've banged chicks and never heard from them again, also I've banged chicks who didn't have any IL to begin with, never repsonded to my calls or nothing but then a few weeks or month later then BOOM (it was on like donkey kong)

why?

I'm not gonna theorize but I belive "buying temp" and what she/they had going on her life may have had something to with this

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
Next time around, don't get into answering their questions unless you answer C+F, get the number and get out. When you call for a date, don't leave messages and don't expect return calls. If she's not in, call again a few days later at a different time. If you leave a VM, just say, word for word: "Hey, it's Trent! Sorry I didn't catch you by your phone. Talk another time, bye." To me, this is the perfect message. If you need to know why, PM me.
Why would that be a perfect message? I do something similar. I hate VMs so rarely leave them but if I'm in the mood, I'd say: "Hey it's JB. Talk to you another time. See ya!" coz, well, I hate VMs so can't be fvcked leaving a longer message. I've never tried anything else though.

###

More on topic: most attractive women have ADD and while they may have a temporary interest in you and give you their digits, they're easily distracted by other shiny things. This is why some top PUAs often tell guys, when gaming girls at venues where they're likely to meet the girl just once (like a club or a bar), it's better for your investments to go for a same night lay than getting the digits (if you want to, you can get the digits AFTER the lay). The vast majority of those numbers will be flakes.