Why do girls give numbers when they are not interested?

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
True story this is, I swear on my unit.

I talked to this girl for about thirty minutes. Got her number and email. She was asking me lots and lots of questions and I thought "geez, maybe she wants to hang out". Little did I know that this was just an illusion. I called, she never called me back, I said "okay, persistence may pay off, so let's email her, shall we." I got an email saying "I don't think there's a chance of us hanging out anytime soon." I wrote back "well, princess, if you don't have any interest in someone you shouldn't give them their phone number, have a great day". Three days later I got a nasty and disguisting voice mail from one of her friends saying I should leave her alone and who the fuvk do i think I am to even send her an email. This person wanted to tell me to never contact her again, if this person said this to me in person rather than over the phone, I would have spit on their face. But I let it go and didn't call the number back, I'm too old for restraining orders. I already said on my email "HAVE A NICE DAY" Which implied "Fuvk off, I don't want to ever talk to you again". What is the matter with women these days. Why give your number out if you are not interested? Why have someone call and threaten me? I don't get it.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
trent81 said:
Why give your number out if you are not interested?

Because they're attention wh*res who want to see if you'll call them, eventhough they have absolutely no interest in you. You calling her floats her pathetic ego. They do not in the least bit care if they lead you on to confusion. Their mentality is "me me me". Selfishness. As long as they get their attention, is all they care about. They don't care if it inconveniences or harms you in the process.

trent81 said:
Why have someone call and threaten me? I don't get it.
Because women are terribly f*cked in the head, that's about the only reasonable answer I can give you. Your examples are why women are only good for one thing.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
trent81 said:

I talked to this girl for about thirty minutes. Got her number and email. She was asking me lots and lots of questions and I thought "geez, maybe she wants to hang out". Little did I know that this was just an illusion. I called, she never called me back, I said "okay, persistence may pay off, so let's email her, shall we." I got an email saying "I don't think there's a chance of us hanging out anytime soon." I wrote back "well, princess, if you don't have any interest in someone you shouldn't give them their phone number, have a great day". Three days later I got a nasty and disguisting voice mail from one of her friends saying I should leave her alone and who the fuvk do i think I am to even send her an email. This person wanted to tell me to never contact her again, if this person said this to me in person rather than over the phone, I would have spit on their face. But I let it go and didn't call the number back, I'm too old for restraining orders. I already said on my email "HAVE A NICE DAY" Which implied "Fuvk off, I don't want to ever talk to you again". What is the matter with women these days. Why give your number out if you are not interested? Why have someone call and threaten me? I don't get it.
OK - you said she asked you lots and lots of questions. So, what were these questions, and how did you answer them?

And then the giving you her number thing...well, women can be attention hores. She like the fact you asked for her number - gave her a bit of a power trip, but then she had second thoughts for whatever reason.
This is actually quite common - so no need to get bitter.
"Next".

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because they might "need" you at some point.

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of girls just take the path of least resistance and give out the number. Then they reject you basically by not answering the phone or in an email in your case. Notice that it was a friend that sent the fiery email you got last. I think she was just too shy to tell you "no" to your face. I have noticed that a lot of the cold approach tips for asking for numbers are designed to make it as hard as possible for the girl to say no.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not until a chick gives it up to you, and not until then, can you assume anything.

Like the guys have said here, women will literally go out of their way to lead you into thinking you have a chance only to suddenly retreat when you follow up. It's attention *****dom, it's lack of character and lack of accountability. And a good dose of sadistic manipulation.

Attention hors, the dark side...sadistic manipulation. Remember that.

My favorite personal experience with this happened a couple months ago. I went to lunch with a woman, we had some drinks, food, had a great f****g time, laughing, joking...she kept saying we have to do this again, blah blah. Whatever. All attempts to "do it again" were foiled and thwarted by her flakiness. I just retreated and stopped asking.

A couple weeks ago she emails me some strange bizarre email about how and why she was busy (responding to a 1-month old email of my own) but we would touch bases at the end of the month. Ha!

I didn't care, but I'm still open to it cause I think she might be a good lay. Only that any nothing more.
I told her sure, you know where to reach me.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dare you to write back with: "So... is a blow job out of the question, then?"

Hooligan Harry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
trent81 said:

Jesus, that got ugly. Normally I would say just ignore it and move on but I can imagine how angry this must have made you. I know if I was in your shoes and this happened I would have been pissed. This kind of disrespect is unforgivable

Here is my suggestion. Post a few adverts in the local newspapers advertising something for sale. Whatever it is, make sure its a good offer.

Think along the lines of

"Xbox 360 with 2 controllers and 37 games for sale. $500 for the lot"

I would post adverts for both numbers if you still have them. Even worse, you could place adverts for "erotic massages for $75 an hour."

Their phone will ring off the hook for a solid week. Then do it again in a months time just to really drive it home. Both those *****es will throw their numbers away. All those men they handed their numbers out to will be gone and they will have to start from scratch again.

Post the advert via the web from an internet cafe or from a public telephone.

Never did it to a woman, but I did do it to a former work colleague who was the most unethical sales person I have ever met. Broke him in pieces.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Jesus, that got ugly. Normally I would say just ignore it and move on but I can imagine how angry this must have made you. I know if I was in your shoes and this happened I would have been pissed. This kind of disrespect is unforgivable

Here is my suggestion. Post a few adverts in the local newspapers advertising something for sale. Whatever it is, make sure its a good offer.

Think along the lines of

I would post adverts for both numbers if you still have them. Even worse, you could place adverts for "erotic massages for $75 an hour."

Their phone will ring off the hook for a solid week. Then do it again in a months time just to really drive it home. Both those *****es will throw their numbers away. All those men they handed their numbers out to will be gone and they will have to start from scratch again.

Never did it to a woman, but I did do it to a former work colleague who was the most unethical sales person I have ever met. Broke him in pieces.

:crackup:

To the OP....

The answer to your question is simply: it's much easier to just give a guy their number than it is to say "sorry, I'm not interested." It's the quickest, easiest way out of the situation.

Think about it. You're a hot girl, who gets hounded by guys all day. Over the course of time, you begin to realize that most guys who hit on you will bow out the moment you give him your number. What are you going to be conditioned to do, then, to get a guy away from you as quickly as possible?

Give him your number (or a fake number).

Contrast that with the experience of her actually saying "I'm not interested." I'm willing to bet anything that her saying that doesn't always get rid of the guy. Some guys are just like dogs. You can't shake em no matter how hard you try.

So, she's been conditioned by all the approaches before that the quickest and easiest way to get out of the situation is to just give up the digits (or give a fake number). Let him think he's scored so he can go away proud. Then ignore the call.

That would be *my * best guess as to why a girl would give a number and not call back.

As for her friends response? Totally over the line. You dodged a bullet with this one, my friend. Be thankful. Be very, very thankful.

Your next course of action? Delete her number, get rid of her email, and forget she exists.

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
Vypros said:
:crackup:

To the OP....

The answer to your question is simply: it's much easier to just give a guy their number than it is to say "sorry, I'm not interested." It's the quickest, easiest way out of the situation.

Think about it. You're a hot girl, who gets hounded by guys all day. Over the course of time, you begin to realize that most guys who hit on you will bow out the moment you give him your number. What are you going to be conditioned to do, then, to get a guy away from you as quickly as possible?

Give him your number (or a fake number).

Contrast that with the experience of her actually saying "I'm not interested." I'm willing to bet anything that her saying that doesn't always get rid of the guy. Some guys are just like dogs. You can't shake em no matter how hard you try.

So, she's been conditioned by all the approaches before that the quickest and easiest way to get out of the situation is to just give up the digits (or give a fake number). Let him think he's scored so he can go away proud. Then ignore the call.

That would be *my * best guess as to why a girl would give a number and not call back.

As for her friends response? Totally over the line. You dodged a bullet with this one, my friend. Be thankful. Be very, very thankful.

Your next course of action? Delete her number, get rid of her email, and forget she exists.
Thanks for your response. What you mean I dodged a bullet? I did throw it away and she doesn't exist to me. You think this would have gotten ugly? Thanks everyone for all your responses.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trent81 said:
Thanks for your response. What you mean I dodged a bullet? I did throw it away and she doesn't exist to me. You think this would have gotten ugly? Thanks everyone for all your responses.
Oh, I just meant that if her friend is so psycho that she's going to call you up and ***** you out because of that email message (was that ALL you sent to her?), then it's a good bet that she's a psycho as well. Trust me, you don't want in on this now even if she DOES come around. Her friend has shown you her true colors. You can do better. Just trust me on that one.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:

Think along the lines of

...remind me never to piss you off.....

IndianaJoneS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, this reminds me of a similar situation. I once met a good looking girl in the train. Approached her very easy, she laughed her ass off etc. Then she started me to ask many questions about me. She touched me, had VERY high interest level bla bla. I got her email and was 100% sure, we´ll meet. When she left she turned around, smiled and waved me.

I wrote her the next day, no answer. Another mail, again no answer. Then I saw her a week later or so with her boyfriend ...

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trent81 said:
I wrote back "well, princess, if you don't have any interest in someone you shouldn't give them their phone number, have a great day". Three days later I got a nasty and disguisting voice mail from one of her friends saying I should leave her alone and who the fuvk do i think I am to even send her an email.
Why have someone call and threaten me? I don't get it.
Why? Because you dared to criticize her, you needed to be reprimanded, BUT she decided to recruit a "friend" to fire the ammo at you while she hid in the background somewhere, out of range.

You see, woman like this live their lives believing that men are animated stuffed toys or stupid pets who should silently, or obediently, do their bidding and passively play along with their female flirty games with NO expectations of her.
You did not play that role so she needed to remind you who runs the show.

That bimbo has a HUGE sense of entitlement, no scruples and no hope of ever landing a decent man.

Last edited:

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FORGET CSI WOMEN.......trying to figure out what went awry.

SOLUTION-go on a INSTANT DATE..........right then and there..........THEN right after the mini-date.........decide if she is worthy of getting her number. A lot of times after a first date.......chics are not really all that.

u MAY have called WHILE she was with her man and he seen the message and she tried to hide the fact she gave her number out and how this loser keeps calling me.

-never spew advice thru and email.........this is a case of nexting should be your option. If you do spew advice..........block them from emailing you back, block their number..........I did love the posting their number in the local paper with a ridiculous sales offer........not sure if they can trace the contact info back to you as you do have to pay (u could get a pre-paid money card).

Lots of reasons why women act this way...........and lots of solutions.........next is the best.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like giving a bum your change.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any chance you misread her? There are tons of times I try to be 'polite and engaged' in conversations with someone I'm not really interested in, because I don't want to be rude and say "I don't want to talk to you". Then again I don't give out my number or e-mail. You didn't pressure her for them, did you?

I don't know why she did that, and even worse, has a third party involved? Yup sounds strange to me, definitely not worth your time. Even sounds like she may already have someone, if you know what I mean.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never assume interest unless the girl sleeps with you. THIS IS THE BIGGEST INDICATOR OF INTEREST LEVEL. Woman have become masters at getting guys to do things for them.

I have noticed that recently even at the clubs a guy and a girl will be engaged in a great convo. Smiling, laughing joking even some kino. Next thing you know the girl gets up and leaves and never comes back. Woman are experts at fuking with guys heads. Hot girls get hit on every minute of the day and your not going to beat them at there own game. The way you beat these cvnts is not giving a fuk and the girl being interested in you in the first place.

You can't create attraction my friends. And one more thing to the 55 year old that says a 23 year old HB10 flirted with me at work and she has a high interest level in me. Make a thread on that after you bang her and than you will know how high her interest level is, until than shut the **** up.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry... it costs money to post ads in the paper... The OP could try that for FREE on Craigslist! :D

Hooligan Harry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but craiglist ads can be removed. And the newspaper makes it look genuine. Its a small price to pay

Are there no free paper classifieds in the US?