Who is in the wrong here?

XxprodigyxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was talking to this girl who just recently broke up with her bf. she use to have a crush on me so i thought everything would be cool. we'd go out a couple times and talk on the phone occasionally. well i found out she got back with her ex and i cut off all my connections with her and never called her. she called me the other day acting like everything was cool asking how my day was going and s**t. she called basically sayin we should still be friends cause she enjoyed my company...WTF was she thinking?!?...i told her i couldnt be her friend because things just dont work that way. i dont wanna be the fool she runs to about her problems...i dont want her to cry to me while shes f*****g him. she was pretty pissed saying i was immature for acting this way. i told her to have a good life and hung up...who is in the wrong here?

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure which right wrong question you are asking. You did the right thing for essentially nexting her. I think you were wrong in the way you nexted her. You don't have to be angry or tell her off.

You most likely were always a friend in her mind but you thought otherwise in your mind when she temporarily broke up with her BF.

XxprodigyxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
my fault...am i wrong for not being friends with her is what im asking...i know for a fact she has/had a thing for me cause i met her thru a friend who said she had a thing for me...haha...

Kitsune

Don Juan
Reaction score
You did the right thing, sounds like she was looking to you to be an emotional tampon to cry on when things don't work out with her bf. Girls will always nearly pull the "Oh you're so immature" line when something doesn't go their way, but you acted right (although you really shouldn't tell her off) and nexted her, saving you a whole bucketload of trouble further down the line.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by XxprodigyxX
my fault...am i wrong for not being friends with her is what im asking...i know for a fact she has/had a thing for me cause i met her thru a friend who said she had a thing for me...haha...
You don't have to be friends with her if you don't think she'll be a good friend. However, I don't think you'll make a good friend to her anyway.

Honestly speaking, it is extremely immature behaviour. A lot of the others would probably think otherwise, but if you would to actually look deeper into the reasons for your behaviour, you will come to the conclusion that you were being immature. Or maybe immature isn't the right word. A better word would be sensitive, emotional or demanding.

But then again, if you really have no use whatsoever for female friends, then there really is nothing to discuss here.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you started being friends with her thinking she was going to get with you, and when she didn't you threw a fit.

Right or wrong I don't know.

XxprodigyxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was never her friend..we were acquaintances. but yeah...its all good. im not really trippin off it. thanks fellas.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you put it to her in a very bad way....

You should have said; "I do want to keep in touch, hawever, it would be way to wierd being around you and hearing; the good, bad and the ugly about you and yourr b/f. While at the same time having a crush on you. You understand what I mean".

You decide haw much you talk to her. What ever you feel comforatable with......If you don't feel like answering her phonecalls, DON'T.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
You did the right thing. What's immature about not wanting to be somebody's emotional tampon?

If she knew you liked her, and she started seeing her ex without telling you, that's a bit fvcked up.

Don't listen to these AFC's telling you that you were immature. You put your foot down, and let her know where you stand. She has her rules, you have yours.

If she doesn't like it, tell her to hike it.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repeat after me. Say one thing, do another! You didn't have to burn her off like this. This was bad planning on your side. You should've agreed to being her friend but intentionally avoid being her emo tampon. When you show you intentions you introduce variables that may turn against you.